Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry, but at this point, unless you are willing to post all of your past and current Florida club affiliations, I can't be convinced that any of your coach and clubs opinions will be frank, honest and unbiased.
    That's fine, I completely understand. For those who want to ask questions I will answer. I made the decision to stay anonymous because I want to answer questions honestly where I may not be as frank if you know who I am simply die to my position. I also do not want to take additional calls or emails which I would get if I stated my name. So ask if you want, believe what you want, you will get honest answers regardless.

Comment

Elite teams are fine if they are really elite teams. Frankly there are way too many teams who call themselves elite who aren't. But if they really are and your daughter is that level then they should get good exposure. There are many non-elite teams who travel to very good showcase events that your daughter can get seen at. Don't miss a car payment to play on an elite team. That's unwise and not necessary at all
      I totally get what you are saying an I am not irresponsible enough to miss a payment for a sports team. I just think that teams might be surprised what they are missing when these clubs become to focused on revenue and less focused on WINNING!

Comment

I totally get what you are saying an I am not irresponsible enough to miss a payment for a sports team. I just think that teams might be surprised what they are missing when these clubs become to focused on revenue and less focused on WINNING!
        As long as you are at a club and on a team that attends the larger showcase tournaments your daughter will be fine. Winning is not the priority or a requirement to being recruited. Being competitive is all that's really necessary to help show skill level. It will be more difficult if your daughter's club doesn't attend events and in that case ID camps will be a necessary alternative.

Comment

Do colleges give scholarships to defenders? I read somewhere that recruiters look at offensive players only and coaches will move them to defense, rather than look at defenders at the showcases.

Comment

Do colleges give scholarships to defenders? I read somewhere that recruiters look at offensive players only and coaches will move them to defense, rather than look at defenders at the showcases.
            Although an offensive player may very well be moved to defense, scholarships are definitely given to defenders as well.

Comment

All very good questions so far. I will check back for more when I can. Please feel free to ask me specific questions about coaches, clubs, programs, tournaments, leagues, etc. I want to be honest to help better the landscape here in Florida. God knows we need it! It's a train wreck here in Florida so I'm honestly trying to help.

Comment

affiliation

All very good questions so far. I will check back for more when I can. Please feel free to ask me specific questions about coaches, clubs, programs, tournaments, leagues, etc. I want to be honest to help better the landscape here in Florida. God knows we need it! It's a train wreck here in Florida so I'm honestly trying to help.
                Are you currently coaching at a Club in FL?
                Or are you affiliated with a current Club?

Comment

Are you currently coaching at a Club in FL?
                  Or are you affiliated with a current Club?
                  I'm not going to answer questions that can allow someone to attempt to figure out who I am or eliminate possibilities. Once again if you do not feel comfortable asking questions then that's your option. I will answer honestly and try to help anyone who asks legitimate questions.

Comment

Question:

Why do many colleges look for foreign players as opposed to American players?

Comment

Question:

Is having a college coach as a youth coach always the best choice?

Comment

Question:

Do you believe that youth clubs should take credit and advertise for youth players receiving college scholarships?

Comment

Question:

Why do many colleges look for foreign players as opposed to American players?
                          I don't believe thats the case percentage wise. I just think there are many very good players overseas and most colleges don't have the resources to scout and recruit them so the ones who do take advantage of it.

Comment

Dsb????

Comment

Question:

Is having a college coach as a youth coach always the best choice?
                              Its not always the best choice since there are very good youth coaches who aren't college coaches but if you have the opportunity to be coached by a college coach during your high school years especially I would say thats a great option.

Comment

Question:

Do you believe that youth clubs should take credit and advertise for youth players receiving college scholarships?
                                Im not sure that I understand the question but if you're asking if I think its OK for clubs to display which of their players are receiving scholarships thats up to the club and player's families. I wouldn't think that "scholarships" are necessarily the criteria to use or advertise but I don't thinks there's anything wrong with clubs announcing their players who get recruited and move on to college soccer. Why not? Its nice for the players to be recognized and shows that the club is also doing something right if they have many players being recruited especially.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X