Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree, FC Florida was a rock solid TEAM with all players really good, really didn't see anyone stand out. The only player that I thought was outstanding was Florida Fire's number 31. He was big, fast, and had exceptional skills-he truly made that team competitive. Their defense was soft and slow.
    He is gone now, will be playing for the North Fort Myers Knights along with a couple of other Fire Players.

Comment

He is gone now, will be playing for the North Fort Myers Knights along with a couple of other Fire Players.
      at least they will have one good team.

Comment

Oh I thought it was the 31 player from u15 last year that went to philly? If not who was it? Initials and number?

Comment

I agree, FC Florida was a rock solid TEAM with all players really good, really didn't see anyone stand out. The only player that I thought was outstanding was Florida Fire's number 31. He was big, fast, and had exceptional skills-he truly made that team competitive. Their defense was soft and slow.
          I've seen a lot of very very good players move on to academy and even national team from OCYS, Toros, Weston, Lakewood Ranch etc. but that number 31 is right up there with them. Heck of a talented player.

Comment

I've seen a lot of very very good players move on to academy and even national team from OCYS, Toros, Weston, Lakewood Ranch etc. but that number 31 is right up there with them. Heck of a talented player.
            You lost me a Lakewood Ranch.

Comment

Thanks dad, thanks for being my daddy coach. Love your jr ego maniac.

Comment

You lost me a Lakewood Ranch.
                The Chargers LWR team had a few great players before most of them moved on to USSDA at U14

Comment

Overrated. Play him physical and he is a mental headcase. He will never last against top teams that play physical.

Comment

Overrated. Play him physical and he is a mental headcase. He will never last against top teams that play physical.
                    It is a skill like any other, you assume he can not develop mental toughness.

Comment

It is a skill like any other, you assume he can not develop mental toughness.
                      We've all seen him on the fields. He is a great talent, so I'm assuming he has been given opportunities to play DA at Weston or another club. Someone said he did with Chicago themselves. If he is so great, why isn't he playing full-time DA?

How'd he do against CG in State Cup? He looks phenominal against mediocre defenders, but he would be an average player on a DA team.

Comment

Wow you guys need to get over this one kid. Can't believe anyone but his parents care this much!

Comment

We've all seen him on the fields. He is a great talent, so I'm assuming he has been given opportunities to play DA at Weston or another club. Someone said he did with Chicago themselves. If he is so great, why isn't he playing full-time DA?

How'd he do against CG in State Cup? He looks phenominal against mediocre defenders, but he would be an average player on a DA team.
                          The rest of his team is average to below average. If you took this player and put him on a top notch team (any one of the final 4) I would put $10k on that team to win.

The problem with being a one-man team like Florida Fire is that opposing teams CAN put two defenders on him to neutralize him. Since he has a weak supporting cast no one else can take advantage of that.

In Disney, WFF made the mistake (IMHO) of moving the Center Mid back to defense. If you can control the midfield to keep the ball from 31 he does get frustrated and kind of shuts down. The Florida Fire defense could be scored on.

Put a solid defense behind him and a mid field that can feed the ball up top to 31 with support and that would be tough to stop.

Comment

The rest of his team is average to below average. If you took this player and put him on a top notch team (any one of the final 4) I would put $10k on that team to win.

The problem with being a one-man team like Florida Fire is that opposing teams CAN put two defenders on him to neutralize him. Since he has a weak supporting cast no one else can take advantage of that.

In Disney, WFF made the mistake (IMHO) of moving the Center Mid back to defense. If you can control the midfield to keep the ball from 31 he does get frustrated and kind of shuts down. The Florida Fire defense could be scored on.

Put a solid defense behind him and a mid field that can feed the ball up top to 31 with support and that would be tough to stop.
                            To be quite honest, it seems like the club didnt do the team much justice. We had a boy in both the U15 and U16 age group and whoever is running the club has to be some type of fool. We played Fire in both age groups and played the U15 team twice. #31 is a fantastic player and a breed that is not easy to find. He is strong, has great on field instincts and is one of the fastest players ive seen. However, I was never necessarily too worried playing against Fire because I knew our coach was going to scheme a way to attempt and neutralize #31, unfortunetely that was more difficult than anticipated and we could not win. The U15s didnt wow me with their play, defense was shaky, and EVERYTHING went to #31. They had another decent mid fielder or two but nothing special. #31 was a pure striker who if anyone says isnt talented, then you just dont respect the game. I agree with the above poster, if any of the top 4 teams had #31 I would put another 10k on them to win.

The U16 group was the opposite, they had a ton of very talented players but severly lacked a quality striker. We lost to their U16s as well, but I was significantly more impressed with their play than the U15s. The U16 team was a legitimate team who was tactically and technically very sound across the board.

So as a club, you have a striker of #31's quality, you have a team of the older boys quality who lack that type of player up top, and you have a younger team who lacks the quality to make #31 better or showcase his talents. Those are reasons alone for a player of that caliber to leave, and I am not surpised at these rumors of his departure for the club. I would also imagine that the older boys would be yearning that type of quality up top, unless they have some overzealous parents who want nothing to do with new players so Johnny wont get benched. The Fire seemed to have the potential to make a team hat could compete nationally, and they dropped the ball and may now be seeing the repurcussions.

Comment

Wow you guys need to get over this one kid. Can't believe anyone but his parents care this much!
                              have u watch him play?

Comment

have u watch him play?
                                I saw him at the Knights try out...good player but not the next Messi or anything like that!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X