Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CC here. Videos are useful but not as useful as playing at good showcase tournaments. I much prefer watching a player myself in a good competitive game. If you do send a video please send a quick two minute video that shows a players technical ability and pace of play against good competition as well. Sending a video that shows your daughter dribbling around recreational players and scoring against keepers who are not real goal keepers does nothing for me. I'll answer the next question within this since its related. The tournaments in this basic eastern US area that I attend consistently are CASL, Disney, Jefferson Cup, PDA, Texas Shootout, ECNL Sanford, and various other smaller tournaments throughout the NE and Canada. I will also attend Surf Cup annually and US Southern Regionals and National Cup Finals. My staff will attend others as well.
    Hope that helps. Again I will not answer anymore questions today so that you know the imposters! Keep your questions coming and don't be afraid to ask the politically incorrect ones! I'm here to answer honestly!
    Bahahaha.... I want to say you are fooling no one but obviously that isn't true. You are not a women's coach. The travel you just put forth doesn't happen. You have no budget, we (well at least most of us know that)

Comment

I haven't had time to read all the posts so I apologize if this has already been asked. My question is what do you do if you feel your kid is very talented, but you just cannot afford to try out for one of these ecnl teams. Both because of the distance to practice and the money involved in travel it just would not be feasible. So how do you get a player noticed when you may not have access to the top-tier teams? Do you believe eventually they will get noticed regardless of the league they play in? What other suggestions do you have in getting your child noticed? By noticed I guess I mean wanting to play in college. Also do you believe you are truly getting all the top talent on these ecnl teams? Don't you think it's possible that there could be very talented players that simply can't afford to join your teams? I have heard and read very rude comments from parents so parentsno need to chime in if you're just going to talk down to me.

Comment

Bahahaha.... I want to say you are fooling no one but obviously that isn't true. You are not a women's coach. The travel you just put forth doesn't happen. You have no budget, we (well at least most of us know that)
        Ummmmm, not sure what coaches that you know but I know for a fact the Fl Gulf Coach coach goes go to every one of those tournaments listed and more because he sent me the list of tournaments he goes to at the beginning of the year. I've seen the UM coach at all those US tournaments also (other than Surf because I've not been there) D1 coaches go to just about every major tournament there is so I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. I think I'll listen to the coach instead.

Comment

Ummmmm, not sure what coaches that you know but I know for a fact the Fl Gulf Coach coach goes go to every one of those tournaments listed and more because he sent me the list of tournaments he goes to at the beginning of the year. I've seen the UM coach at all those US tournaments also (other than Surf because I've not been there) D1 coaches go to just about every major tournament there is so I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. I think I'll listen to the coach instead.
          Yes D1 coaches go to all the tournaments that were mentioned and more. A good D1 program doesn't miss any recruiting opportunities at the major showcase events. It's not always the head coach who's there but always at least an assistant. Once again you can always tell the answers by the college coach compared to the dummies who just want to comment because they think they're in the know.

Comment

Yes D1 coaches go to all the tournaments that were mentioned and more. A good D1 program doesn't miss any recruiting opportunities at the major showcase events. It's not always the head coach who's there but always at least an assistant. Once again you can always tell the answers by the college coach compared to the dummies who just want to comment because they think they're in the know.
            #shebelieves!

Comment

CC here. You aren't completely correct but you have it close. The NCAA allows D1 schools to award the equivent of a maximum of 14 full out of state value scholarships to women's soccer. But the kicker is the school's themselves do not have to allow the women's soccer team to have those 14 scholarship and can basically give them whatever they want to give us up to 14. Fully funded programs are given all of it and non fully funded are given whatever amount the school decides. Some schools don't put as much of an emphasis on all their athletic teams based usually on budget reasons and hold back scholarship money. So there are coaches at programs that are not fully funded and don't have as much scholarships to give out as other schools. They are not lying to you. It usually depends on the school size and conference they play in, although not always.
              Hope my answers are still helping. Keep them coming, I won't hold back and I will answer truthfully with no personal agenda and will give you my honest unfiltered opinion based on my personal experience.
              This is definitely a college coach and now for the first time I understand this "fully funded program" meaning. Thanks coach and I hope you keep answering questions. I just went back and read all the questions and answers and this blog is the best one by far on this worthless website.

Comment

CC please don't leave us now. Tryouts are next week and we need your input. Need team for Girls U16. Willing to travel anywhere from Boca to Key West.

Comment

Why does bu suck so bad?

Comment

Dear Coach,

If you have two players that are basically equal in every "soccer related" category, from technical skills to speed and size, which of the following would put one player higher on your board than the other?

Academics
                    Leadership
                    The competition you have watched them play against
                    Parents
                    Florida Pre-Paid or other monies brought in by player
                    In-State or Out-of-State

And if the decision was a combination of the previous list, in what order of importance would you rank the items on the list?

Thanks Coach, love this thread!
                    Still waiting for my answer coach, thanks

Comment

Would you recommend a player commit early versus later if being recruited by a D1 school (not a top D1 athletically, but a decent D1 school -soccer-wise and a good school academically -- think a UCF, UNF, Pitt, Northeastern, Northwestern, etc).

Comment

CC here. Videos are useful but not as useful as playing at good showcase tournaments. I much prefer watching a player myself in a good competitive game. If you do send a video please send a quick two minute video that shows a players technical ability and pace of play against good competition as well. Sending a video that shows your daughter dribbling around recreational players and scoring against keepers who are not real goal keepers does nothing for me. I'll answer the next question within this since its related. The tournaments in this basic eastern US area that I attend consistently are CASL, Disney, Jefferson Cup, PDA, Texas Shootout, ECNL Sanford, and various other smaller tournaments throughout the NE and Canada. I will also attend Surf Cup annually and US Southern Regionals and National Cup Finals. My staff will attend others as well.
                        Hope that helps. Again I will not answer anymore questions today so that you know the imposters! Keep your questions coming and don't be afraid to ask the politically incorrect ones! I'm here to answer honestly!
                        Come on CC, you know it is you, DSB from USF, from Canada. Or CB goes for her.

Comment

Come on CC, you know it is you, DSB from USF, from Canada. Or CB goes for her.
                          So even if it is her, so what? At least you are getting information from a credible source. There are over 300+ D1 programs out there for USF to be in the top 25 is an accomplishment.

Comment

So even if it is her, so what? At least you are getting information from a credible source. There are over 300+ D1 programs out there for USF to be in the top 25 is an accomplishment.
                            USF??? Lol

Comment

Coach did we lose you? This was the best thread on here. Don't listen to the morons who come on here and talk trash. Nobody listens to anyone seriously. You have to be an idiot to listen to the idiots on here who just trash everyone because they can.

Comment

Ok I know I am going to ruffle some feathers with my opinion about Sunrise. The Sunrise club to me is a bit of an anomaly. There is no doubt that sunrise has one of the most competitive clubs right now in the state. But over the years club success comes in waves and I just don't feel that Sunrise has the staff or club director to maintain its success. To me I see Sunrise as a club of individual teams rather than teams that are part of an overall club direction and philosophy. Very frankly I don't know Gus well at all and have very little communication with anyone at sunrise except individual coaches that I seek out. I've spoken to Lito only a few times and very honestly his reply is always that every one of his players is great and can play for me which turns me off. He seems like a nice guy doing it for the right reason but he doesn't communicate well. I don't even really know who runs Sunrise. It seems like a lot of Indians and no real chief. I guess it's Gus but that a problem in itself if I don't know. Other coaches who I know feel the same way. To Sunrise's credit most all their players are getting recruited so the bottom line they are doing something right and their players for the most part seem to have a good foundation and are well skilled. They are definitely one of the most competitive clubs in the state today but my bet is that they can't hold that position because teams come and go but clubs last forever. i would encourage Sunrise to get an experienced club director who can better organize the pieces that they have and input the pieces that they don't. If they can do that I think they can be a top club and continue their success on the field. But of the clubs we've spoken about I would rate Tampa and Jacksonville as higher level clubs simply due to their club management and staff experience which in my opinion Sunrise is lacking. Hope that helps. I'm sure some will disagree but I'm giving you my honest answers and opinion based on my experience as a college coach.
                                Great thread and great post right on

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X