Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Club Soccer Announce New National Competition Platform for Boys

What does the new announcement mean for DA programs? which will be more beneficial?

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....me/916757.html

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What does the new announcement mean for DA programs? which will be more beneficial?

Would still be consider 2nd tier to DA. Who are they kidding?

Comment

My hunch (and there's lots of discussion about this) is that

- MLS programs will be fine. They'll continue to attract the top talent, train them well and all for free, giving more kids a chance to play that can't afford to

- Non MLS clubs will feel a talent pinch - not all players will want to pay-to-play, get not always good training, and give up HS soccer (and often other sports) in the process. Some will migrate to this new option

- Top NPL clubs will also migrate to this new option - better national platform, college exposure, etc. all a draw.

Comment

we really needed a 2nd thread on this new league? This is a feeble attempt by US Club to get back at USSF for creating girl's DA. LOL!

Comment

Awesome, ECNL will not prohibit them from playing middle school and high school soccer ! I believe DA does a disservice by not letting them play school sports.... it should be optional.
          I see a lot of the top level kids really considering ecnl so they can play at school.... Not all , some,.... "parents know best" kids wont allow them anyway, school sports has no place on their road to making the US Nat. team or as a starter in the premier league... LOL

let the sarcasm and knowitall remarks being in... 3, 2 1

Comment

I agree with you...

Comment

Awesome, ECNL will not prohibit them from playing middle school and high school soccer ! I believe DA does a disservice by not letting them play school sports.... it should be optional.
              I see a lot of the top level kids really considering ecnl so they can play at school.... Not all , some,.... "parents know best" kids wont allow them anyway, school sports has no place on their road to making the US Nat. team or as a starter in the premier league... LOL

let the sarcasm and knowitall remarks being in... 3, 2 1
              DA is a really a full 10+ month schedule with 4 practices a week and weekend games where the kids travel for two weekend nights. I personally am glad there are no high school sports allowed because DA is already a push on them physically and time wise. My son would want to play every sport possible and I know that this would be bad for him physically, as well as bad for his grades and our faimily. It is already constant eating, skeeping and homework. It is a blessing to us at least, to be able to say "those are the rules' so you need to find other ways to be involved in school or choose not to play DA. It really does seperate the kids who have the grit to give their passion their all and as all things in life, some concessions and sacrifices. For example, I cannot imagine football practice four days a week, then driving to DA training, then training (soccer) for two hours, then driving home. Missing most of the football games because the bus for DA leaves Friday night. It really would be crazy and so few of the skill between most US sports translate well to soccer and the risk of injury has got yo be higher. Except naybe golf. That one might be ok lol.

Comment

DA is a really a full 10+ month schedule with 4 practices a week and weekend games where the kids travel for two weekend nights. I personally am glad there are no high school sports allowed because DA is already a push on them physically and time wise. My son would want to play every sport possible and I know that this would be bad for him physically, as well as bad for his grades and our faimily. It is already constant eating, skeeping and homework. It is a blessing to us at least, to be able to say "those are the rules' so you need to find other ways to be involved in school or choose not to play DA. It really does seperate the kids who have the grit to give their passion their all and as all things in life, some concessions and sacrifices. For example, I cannot imagine football practice four days a week, then driving to DA training, then training (soccer) for two hours, then driving home. Missing most of the football games because the bus for DA leaves Friday night. It really would be crazy and so few of the skill between most US sports translate well to soccer and the risk of injury has got yo be higher. Except naybe golf. That one might be ok lol.
                Ok great point - I still think there is a middle ground but I may be wrong - good luck to both leagues

Comment

& unless you are the top 10 on the team you may not start more than 25%of the games....

Just not buying the more practice .... Development ..::. fewer better quality games

Looking at the DA standing a few very strong teams a while lot of have nots.

Limited exposure if you don't make the playoffs

Comment

& unless you are the top 10 on the team you may not start more than 25%of the games....

Just not buying the more practice .... Development ..::. fewer better quality games

comments stated from someone who obviously is on the outside, trying to peek through the window blinds to see inside, and as usual, is making all the wrong assumptions

Comment

I see you are also unfamiliar with the US sport of football which is one of the most practice intensive sports around with a very high practice to game ratio. In fact you never see coaches of any sport clamoring for fewer practices and more games. That is usually the rallying cry of fans.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X