X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop posting debunked claims

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, we have it now. For U16 and above, it's not going to do them a lot of good. And keep with the travel partner theme, it's sounds good anyway. Sigh
    Again with the scholarships are committed BS. A poster in another thread laid out the openings in the Pac 12 to completely destroy that claim for just that one league but you persist perpetuating that MYTH. If you have access to a national data base showing that a majority of the 2016 & 2017 openings are committed post it NOW .

If what you say was even remotely true then all those coaches watching the 17's and even the 18's this weekend at Surf were doing what? And I guess all those coaches I saw and even talked to at the ECNL events watching the 17's were there for what reason. I guess 80% of the uncommitted Academy players are wasting their time too?

If "a" college coach is telling you all of their openings are committed you have to ask why are they telling you that when we can prove that is simply not the case?

IMHO this is the latest attempt of the ECNL haters to say that this money is wasted because "it's too late" to get a scholarship. Even if we were to believe there was a grain of truth to that claim it begs the question why the Academy didn't start at 14/15 since according to only you it's too late for the 16's & 17's.

I'm only replying to this male bovine excrement because of the possibility that even one parent would repeat this information on a sideline and embarrass themselves.

Post a credible and verifiable link to support this claim or STFU

Comment

Again with the scholarships are committed BS. A poster in another thread laid out the openings in the Pac 12 to completely destroy that claim for just that one league but you persist perpetuating that MYTH. If you have access to a national data base showing that a majority of the 2016 & 2017 openings are committed post it NOW .

If what you say was even remotely true then all those coaches watching the 17's and even the 18's this weekend at Surf were doing what? And I guess all those coaches I saw and even talked to at the ECNL events watching the 17's were there for what reason. I guess 80% of the uncommitted Academy players are wasting their time too?

If "a" college coach is telling you all of their openings are committed you have to ask why are they telling you that when we can prove that is simply not the case?

IMHO this is the latest attempt of the ECNL haters to say that this money is wasted because "it's too late" to get a scholarship. Even if we were to believe there was a grain of truth to that claim it begs the question why the Academy didn't start at 14/15 since according to only you it's too late for the 16's & 17's.

I'm only replying to this male bovine excrement because of the possibility that even one parent would repeat this information on a sideline and embarrass themselves.

Post a credible and verifiable link to support this claim or STFU
      You just love telling people to STFU don't you…sorry but it doesn't make you seem much more credible, it just makes you look like a hothead…

As far as your contention I think it is just a little more gray rather than the black or white you and your foe seem to suggest. By the point where coaches are talking to 17's or 18's it is accurate to say they have likely talked to a full roster worth of players, and verbally committed…while that is true, it is also true that if someone better comes along they can bump those commitments.

It is the same as trying out for a team that one the championship the previous year. Most coaches will consider their team set, unless someone better comes along. It is not enough to try out and be good, you have to try out and be able to displace someone already on the list. The coaches at the older games are not watching every player they are looking for the one or two that will exceed what they already have.

If a coach tells you they already have commitments it is their nice way of saying you didn't show well enough to bump anyone off the list.

Comment

You just love telling people to STFU don't you…sorry but it doesn't make you seem much more credible, it just makes you look like a hothead…

As far as your contention I think it is just a little more gray rather than the black or white you and your foe seem to suggest. By the point where coaches are talking to 17's or 18's it is accurate to say they have likely talked to a full roster worth of players, and verbally committed…while that is true, it is also true that if someone better comes along they can bump those commitments.

It is the same as trying out for a team that one the championship the previous year. Most coaches will consider their team set, unless someone better comes along. It is not enough to try out and be good, you have to try out and be able to displace someone already on the list. The coaches at the older games are not watching every player they are looking for the one or two that will exceed what they already have.

If a coach tells you they already have commitments it is their nice way of saying you didn't show well enough to bump anyone off the list.
        I agree your perspective on the process as well as why they tell you "they are full".

I'm not sure you were following his line of BS. He was saying that most of the 17's for NEXT year (2016) were committed as well as the majority of the 16's for next year (2017) and that only the 15's (2018) had a reason to do ECNL. We both know that is bogus and he was slapped down factually in another thread yet thought he could get away with it again so yes he deserved another spanking for being a lying TROLL. Sorry of you think calling out Trolls makes me a hot head but they need to be dealt with severely least they suck in unsuspecting readers and are allowed to create and sustain FALSE memes..

Comment

I agree your perspective on the process as well as why they tell you "they are full".

I'm not sure you were following his line of BS. He was saying that most of the 17's for NEXT year (2016) were committed as well as the majority of the 16's for next year (2017) and that only the 15's (2018) had a reason to do ECNL. We both know that is bogus and he was slapped down factually in another thread yet thought he could get away with it again so yes he deserved another spanking for being a lying TROLL. Sorry of you think calling out Trolls makes me a hot head but they need to be dealt with severely least they suck in unsuspecting readers and are allowed to create and sustain FALSE memes..
          I think you create your own fires…If someone posts "BS" and you immediately respond with a slap down, it makes the whole topic more active and draws attention to it. Also if they truly are a troll, it motivates them because they feel they are "getting to you".

Sometimes the best response is no response...

Comment

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-...m_medium=email

Comment

Spoken as someone who has never been through recruiting nor has a clue about it. Sorry to burst your bubble, but for the 2016 class, 85% of the slots have been committed or at least offered at the major conferences. And don't think that the recruiting sites are up to date because colleges cannot announce committments, the players can but many forget or just don't do it. I'm not surprised that colleges were watching U17s and U18s at Surf. However, they weren't major colleges, certainly not for the U18s (I've spoken with coaches of our teams that were there and they told me who were at their games). Some major schools were watching U17s to fill their very few positions that they have left. The lessor schools are all starting to fill spots too, which is why they were there. By December and January, when our ECNL teams FINALLY start playing, the top colleges will have offers out for their remaining few spots. The lessor colleges will be in full swing as well and will have initial offers out. If you are a U18, you will be looking at the small schools who have what few spots available. The U17s will be looking at the lessor schools. The U16s will be a complete fall season behind the California and Texas schools. That's why I say the U16s on up are not going to benefit a lot from ECNL. The U15s however can get schools to start looking at them next spring and summer and can be on equal footing with the Cali and Texas girls.

Comment

Spoken as someone who has never been through recruiting nor has a clue about it. Sorry to burst your bubble, but for the 2016 class, 85% of the slots have been committed or at least offered at the major conferences. And don't think that the recruiting sites are up to date because colleges cannot announce committments, the players can but many forget or just don't do it. I'm not surprised that colleges were watching U17s and U18s at Surf. However, they weren't major colleges, certainly not for the U18s (I've spoken with coaches of our teams that were there and they told me who were at their games). Some major schools were watching U17s to fill their very few positions that they have left. The lessor schools are all starting to fill spots too, which is why they were there. By December and January, when our ECNL teams FINALLY start playing, the top colleges will have offers out for their remaining few spots. The lessor colleges will be in full swing as well and will have initial offers out. If you are a U18, you will be looking at the small schools who have what few spots available. The U17s will be looking at the lessor schools. The U16s will be a complete fall season behind the California and Texas schools. That's why I say the U16s on up are not going to benefit a lot from ECNL. The U15s however can get schools to start looking at them next spring and summer and can be on equal footing with the Cali and Texas girls.
                Oh brother. New poster. This guy is so full of himself he thinks he knows something. The truth is he doesnt know anything. As recently as a week ago we were speaking directly to two D1 coaches and neither had the class of 2016 full. In fact 1 was still looking at the 2015 class for 4 more spots. A friend of ours was recruited to Stanford right out of the ID camp going into his senior year. This guy just wants you all to start looking elsewhere to give his kid a better shot. OR his kid has a commitment and he now thinks he knows everything. And what is the definition of a lessor school? The truth is some smaller schools are much better academically than a Pac 12 school. In fact, look at the schedules of the big schools you will also find that smaller schools (pre season) often play them very competitively.

Be assertive in you recruiting process and do not let people like the above poster discourage you.

Comment

Oh brother. New poster. This guy is so full of himself he thinks he knows something. The truth is he doesnt know anything. As recently as a week ago we were speaking directly to two D1 coaches and neither had the class of 2016 full. In fact 1 was still looking at the 2015 class for 4 more spots. A friend of ours was recruited to Stanford right out of the ID camp going into his senior year. This guy just wants you all to start looking elsewhere to give his kid a better shot. OR his kid has a commitment and he now thinks he knows everything. And what is the definition of a lessor school? The truth is some smaller schools are much better academically than a Pac 12 school. In fact, look at the schedules of the big schools you will also find that smaller schools (pre season) often play them very competitively.

Be assertive in you recruiting process and do not let people like the above poster discourage you.
                  I think recruiting for boys and girls soccer players is quite different. I suspect that is the difference you are seeing.

Comment

I think recruiting for boys and girls soccer players is quite different. I suspect that is the difference you are seeing.
                    I did give an example of a boy because it was a late commit to a top school. However, I am talking about girls. There are several coaches still looking at the class of 2015. What does run out quickly is money.

Comment

I did give an example of a boy because it was a late commit to a top school. However, I am talking about girls. There are several coaches still looking at the class of 2015. What does run out quickly is money.
                      Sorry, I just had to chuckle with your last comment, which seemed like a throw-in. I have to assume that this discussion is based on filling slots in which there are scholarship opportunities, even if it's just 1/4. Most schools will have room for late recruits (even as late as June this year for the 2014 class) but they won't get a dollar unless a scholarship athlete dropped out late. No question there are schools still recruiting for the 2015 class but it is very narrow at the D1 level if you are looking for a scholarship, and I don't think the figure of 85% for the 2016 class is that off IF you're talking about scholarship slots. (I would have guessed closer to 65-75% but I wouldn't be surprised if it is higher.) Take a look at https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/ for a sample. Not all-inclusive, but it will give you a pretty good idea of where schools are at with recruiting. It's an entirely different ball game for D2, D3 and NAIA.

Comment

Sorry, I just had to chuckle with your last comment, which seemed like a throw-in. I have to assume that this discussion is based on filling slots in which there are scholarship opportunities, even if it's just 1/4. Most schools will have room for late recruits (even as late as June this year for the 2014 class) but they won't get a dollar unless a scholarship athlete dropped out late. No question there are schools still recruiting for the 2015 class but it is very narrow at the D1 level if you are looking for a scholarship, and I don't think the figure of 85% for the 2016 class is that off IF you're talking about scholarship slots. (I would have guessed closer to 65-75% but I wouldn't be surprised if it is higher.) Take a look at https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/ for a sample. Not all-inclusive, but it will give you a pretty good idea of where schools are at with recruiting. It's an entirely different ball game for D2, D3 and NAIA.

Chuckle huh? Throw-in? You do realize you have not mentioned "money" in any of your posts ? Just the word "commitments." The money discussion is much different and can be complicated. We can have that discussion if you are confused.

I have been doing this for a long time and I know about all the web sites. (Though I used those more when I was a rookie.) Now we make calls for more accurate information.

Comment

Chuckle huh? Throw-in? You do realize you have not mentioned "money" in any of your posts ? Just the word "commitments." The money discussion is much different and can be complicated. We can have that discussion if you are confused.

I have been doing this for a long time and I know about all the web sites. (Though I used those more when I was a rookie.) Now we make calls for more accurate information.
                          Ok, call the Pac 12 and ask them where they are with 2015, 2016 and 2017 classes. Call the WCC too. Call the Big 10 and 12 and ACC and SEC. Even call the Mt. West. I know what they are going to say, but go ahead and call them and get back to us.

Comment

Oh boy, you spoke with D1 coaches. So please tell us where. I'm sure Middle Missouri State is still looking for 2015, but I can guarantee you Kansas State isn't. And Kansas State is 80% full for 2016 and will have the other 20% offered, if they don't already, but January. So maybe our ECNL girls can get a school to come watch during HS and offer them based upon that. Oh wait, that won't happen. They will be going to fall ECNL events and offering based upon that play. I know you all think ECNL is going to solve all of your recruiting problems, but it won't. It will help the younger girls. The older girls, it's too late to help them much. Unless their sites are set on Middle Missouri State.

Comment

Ok, call the Pac 12 and ask them where they are with 2015, 2016 and 2017 classes. Call the WCC too. Call the Big 10 and 12 and ACC and SEC. Even call the Mt. West. I know what they are going to say, but go ahead and call them and get back to us.
                              You are unbearable and did not read the post so this answer makes no sense. First, you can not call the conference you have to call the coach. And as I said before. we do call the schools my player is interested This is how you get the most accurate information.

Comment

Oh boy, you spoke with D1 coaches. So please tell us where. I'm sure Middle Missouri State is still looking for 2015, but I can guarantee you Kansas State isn't. And Kansas State is 80% full for 2016 and will have the other 20% offered, if they don't already, but January. So maybe our ECNL girls can get a school to come watch during HS and offer them based upon that. Oh wait, that won't happen. They will be going to fall ECNL events and offering based upon that play. I know you all think ECNL is going to solve all of your recruiting problems, but it won't. It will help the younger girls. The older girls, it's too late to help them much. Unless their sites are set on Middle Missouri State.
                                You are getting defensive, so there is no point in posting anymore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X