X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear Mrs Real,

I am not really interested in who the best team is at u13. In fact, I don't really care who the best team is at any age group. I am looking for the best players, period. Unfortunately for Little Mia Real, she is playing for a team in a league that doesn't offer her much, if any exposure to me. There are exceptions to every rule but the best players come from the ECNL or DA. Don't take my word for it though. Do some research and find out that 99% of ynt pool players, 95% of ncaa all conference and all freshman teams come from those two leagues. This is why I spend my recruiting money attending their events. Hope is not lost for young Mia though she can attend my ID clinics and camps, and if she's lucky I may have a roster spot for a kid who is willing to come for no $ and be a practice player for 4 years.

Before I go, I would like to add that you will have at least 50% roster turnover by U15. Really good players want more than kick and run.

Sincerely,

95% of the College Coaches

PS.. You are wasting your money with EDP Team + Personal Training + ODP
    Maybe true, but ECNL status alone does not confer scholar dollars ....ask older bucks teams. Sounds like you lose as many players to better clubs as we so! Hahaha

Comment

Maybe true, but ECNL status alone does not confer scholar dollars ....ask older bucks teams. Sounds like you lose as many players to better clubs as we so! Hahaha
      Truth, when you don’t produce the D1 results no reason to stay/play on an ECNL team. Bucks has most of their kids going to D2, D3 programs - don’t need ecnl for that!

Comment

At u13 the cost difference between a top NL team and ECNL is a couple hundred dollars. GDA is definitely at least another $1k. Travel is much better at NL, depending on where you live.
        Really? Tell that to the SJEB Rush parents who's NL players are paying almost as much as the DA.

I’ll take GDA/Ecnl all day over NL
        In certain areas, no doubt. Like Northern NJ where you have access to PDA, WC, Fury, STA, SUSA and Sky Blue. In the forgotten zone between DE to Philly through southern NJ though ECNL/DA just isn't worth the cost as the league pool is no better than NL. Almost all of the teams in those leagues played EDP until u11.

All of this is laughable. This is U13. I know kids that at U13 were cream of crop. By college, they stopped playing because they didn't get taller, didn't advance in skill set, became distracted with other life things, focused on education more, moved to another sport that they liked better, etc. And some overbearing parents burned out kids too.
        EXACTLY, why do people pay the equivalent of a weeks vacation to Disney World every year while their child hasn't fully developed, playing others who haven't fully developed and think that this is the way to making the next Carli Lloyd?

Dear Mrs Real,

I am not really interested in who the best team is at u13. In fact, I don't really care who the best team is at any age group. I am looking for the best players, period. Unfortunately for Little Mia Real, she is playing for a team in a league that doesn't offer her much, if any exposure to me. There are exceptions to every rule but the best players come from the ECNL or DA. Don't take my word for it though. Do some research and find out that 99% of ynt pool players, 95% of ncaa all conference and all freshman teams come from those two leagues. This is why I spend my recruiting money attending their events. Hope is not lost for young Mia though she can attend my ID clinics and camps, and if she's lucky I may have a roster spot for a kid who is willing to come for no $ and be a practice player for 4 years.

Before I go, I would like to add that you will have at least 50% roster turnover by U15. Really good players want more than kick and run.

Sincerely,

95% of the College Coaches

PS.. You are wasting your money with EDP Team + Personal Training + ODP
        YES, ECNL and DA have a large majority of top 20 DI teams and produce some of the best players BUT....Where are those players coming from? Not any conference that includes our area that is for sure. To get to that type of level in this are will take a lot more than any academy in this area can/will provide. Playing in ECNL/DA will get you more opportunity for "looks" from potential schools but in the end they are still looking for the best PLAYERS. It may take more work from the player and parents and maybe even need to hire and outside agency to help get your child to a top D1 school but lets be real. 99% of these kids aren't going to a top 50 D1 school. At least half won't even be in a D1 school at all.

In the end all that matters is that the kids have fun and good experiences. If you are treating this like it is THE only thing for passage into college then you are part of the overall problem with soccer in America. Kids making college picks based on soccer level instead of education value is also the wrong way to teach your kids.

Comment

Great post. Moving your child to ECNL/DA team is not always best move. The promise of D1 scholarships has made some of these clubs pretty toxic environments (see other threads).

Really? Tell that to the SJEB Rush parents who's NL players are paying almost as much as the DA.

In certain areas, no doubt. Like Northern NJ where you have access to PDA, WC, Fury, STA, SUSA and Sky Blue. In the forgotten zone between DE to Philly through southern NJ though ECNL/DA just isn't worth the cost as the league pool is no better than NL. Almost all of the teams in those leagues played EDP until u11.

EXACTLY, why do people pay the equivalent of a weeks vacation to Disney World every year while their child hasn't fully developed, playing others who haven't fully developed and think that this is the way to making the next Carli Lloyd?

YES, ECNL and DA have a large majority of top 20 DI teams and produce some of the best players BUT....Where are those players coming from? Not any conference that includes our area that is for sure. To get to that type of level in this are will take a lot more than any academy in this area can/will provide. Playing in ECNL/DA will get you more opportunity for "looks" from potential schools but in the end they are still looking for the best PLAYERS. It may take more work from the player and parents and maybe even need to hire and outside agency to help get your child to a top D1 school but lets be real. 99% of these kids aren't going to a top 50 D1 school. At least half won't even be in a D1 school at all.

In the end all that matters is that the kids have fun and good experiences. If you are treating this like it is THE only thing for passage into college then you are part of the overall problem with soccer in America. Kids making college picks based on soccer level instead of education value is also the wrong way to teach your kids.

Comment

Great post. Moving your child to ECNL/DA team is not always best move. The promise of D1 scholarships has made some of these clubs pretty toxic environments (see other threads).
            Agreed - excellent post. It’s a shame youth soccer has come to this.

Comment

I think when it comes down it, all of these "big clubs" have issues at 07. With Delco it's a lack of stability and a depleted drawing area, with PAC it's a lack of talent, with PF it's meddling parents and entitled kids, with Bucks it's a lack of real leadership or strategic planning, with SJEB it's depth because so many upper echelon kids don't want to play DA in favor of school ball (now or in the future). If you want to see where your player is before making a decision, you need to do ODP to get a taste of at least a little bit of a higher level of play. Also, all of these clubs probably have ID sessions, so go to as many as possible so your player can get a feel for the talent level and you asses it with your own eyes.

Comment

Totally agree very toxic environments at a lot of the DA and ECNL clubs, if you have a good situation at a Real or wherever else stick with it!

Comment

Totally agree very toxic environments at a lot of the DA and ECNL clubs, if you have a good situation at a Real or wherever else stick with it!
                  Toxic environments are in non gda and ecnl clubs/teams too. Wherever your kid and your family are comfortable, stay there. Learn and have fun.

Just know that college experiences can be far more toxic. Coaches jobs depend on outcomes unlike youth.

Comment

Agree. Unless it’s PDA North, the other big clubs in the area aren’t worth the switch because it’s unlikely it would help your daughter get a D1 scholarship and it would likely be a worse experience for your daughter and yourself.

Toxic environments are in non gda and ecnl clubs/teams too. Wherever your kid and your family are comfortable, stay there. Learn and have fun.

Just know that college experiences can be far more toxic. Coaches jobs depend on outcomes unlike youth.

Comment

Agree. Unless it’s PDA North, the other big clubs in the area aren’t worth the switch because it’s unlikely it would help your daughter get a D1 scholarship and it would likely be a worse experience for your daughter and yourself.
                      Disagree completely. I am aware that some trolls come on here and try to steer people to their club or deter them to lessen the try out competition there.

All clubs list were their alum/commits are playing in college and other accolades/honors. Check that out and then go to a practice session. Make sure you like what you read/see.

Comment

Disagree completely. I am aware that some trolls come on here and try to steer people to their club or deter them to lessen the try out competition there.

All clubs list were their alum/commits are playing in college and other accolades/honors. Check that out and then go to a practice session. Make sure you like what you read/see.
                        Good advice - but I would add make sure the commitments you are looking at are the recent - as in the past two years commitments. Looking at the long ago college commitments is not an accurate barometer of where the clubs are currently committing kids.

Both delco and bucks have some great college commitments from years ago but the recent commitments- not so much. And the reason is both of those clubs are at or near the bottom of ECNL. At the ECNL college showcase tournaments the teams are seeded with the bottom teams playing other bottom teams and the top teams play other top teams. Guess what games the high level D1 coaches are watching? It’s not the bucks or delco games and their D1 college commitments or lack thereof reflect this.

So identify what you are looking for in a club and choose your wisely . Always pays to do your research.

Comment

Good advice - but I would add make sure the commitments you are looking at are the recent - as in the past two years commitments. Looking at the long ago college commitments is not an accurate barometer of where the clubs are currently committing kids.

Both delco and bucks have some great college commitments from years ago but the recent commitments- not so much. And the reason is both of those clubs are at or near the bottom of ECNL. At the ECNL college showcase tournaments the teams are seeded with the bottom teams playing other bottom teams and the top teams play other top teams. Guess what games the high level D1 coaches are watching? It’s not the bucks or delco games and their D1 college commitments or lack thereof reflect this.

So identify what you are looking for in a club and choose your wisely . Always pays to do your research.
                          It is fair to go back four years. These kids are still playing.

Comment

And also not true. If a great player is on one of these teams, coaches are going. They go to watch the player.

Comment

This post is actually pretty accurate.

Comment

And also not true. If a great player is on one of these teams, coaches are going. They go to watch the player.
                                Then why don’t bucks and delco have better D1 commits for the last two years?

Four years ago the bucks /delco teams were not at the bottom of ecnl - and guess what they had better D1 commits. So you are wrong, the coaches at the college showcase for the most part spend their precious recruiting minutes watching the tip teams. And the proof is in the drop off of the bucks /delco commits. When bucks/delco were higher seeded four years ago their commitments were better and now that they are some of the lowest seeded teams —-guess what the D1 commitments aren’t there. See how this works .... thanks for proving my point .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X