X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Chris Scott back to seacoast?
    Anyone have any more details on this rumor?

Comment

Rumors are he might be working with with the 07 girls. Good luck with the lack of talent vs nefc

Comment

Rumors are he might be working with with the 07 girls. Good luck with the lack of talent vs nefc
        Anyone have any more details on this rumor?

Comment

Nice bashing of little 12 and 13 year olds.

Comment

So talking to 3 current U17 DA parents and players on the girls side in the last 2 weeks- sounds like there will be an exodus of players out of the DA program this spring once the season concludes. They indicated that there are about 5-7 girls who will be leaving the SUSC DA program at the end of the season. All 3 parents echoed the same displeasure with the DA program:

1. The "increased coaching level" has not happened and they have seen the same coaches running the same sessions they were running at U14 level...

2. The level of competitive & technical skills the team has compared to those they play are light years apart. One parent said that the SUSC DA girls are easily 2 or 3 years behind the skill and ability they saw from the competition this fall.

3. Training sessions are heavy on the "scripted and patterned" drills but little or no decision making is stressed. They are now seeing the lack of creativity rear its ugly head with the constant pattern and narrow scope of the game as taught by SUSC.

4. The SUSC promise of "exposure" has not increased the amount of interest from colleges. In fact they feel it has hurt. Getting beat consistently at this level is not drawing interest and the previously mentioned "scripted" philosophy on technical skills has colleges looking away due to a lack of decision making on the part of the players.

Comment

That U17 team is a mess. No dedication, rarely have enough players, a poor representation all around. SUSC won't admit it, but they can't wait for that team to shuffle along out of the system, and sooner the better. It's sad because some of us are dedicated and are working hard, but those who have been missing for Private School has had a huge factor. Some are just coming back and it's created some tension.

Interesting perspective though.

1. Not the same coach since that is a new coach to the U17 this year (leadership is the same but drills are definitely different from our experience)

2. Agreed

3. Matter of opinion

4. Disagree. There are players on the team who are getting exposure and it is absolutely due to DA.

My only wish is this was instituted sooner so we could've got the full experience. Coming aboard mid-stream in HS was tough.

Comment

I've said it before, but it was always going to be tough for the older age groups where already in high school. I think they are just accepting it for what it is and are more hopeful at the ages who weren't in high school before last year.

The private school issue is real, though. It's had a bad effect on both the U16 and U17 teams. NH isn't deep enough to not take those players, but it's made for a real rough fall from what I've seen.

Comment

So talking to 3 current U17 DA parents and players on the girls side in the last 2 weeks- sounds like there will be an exodus of players out of the DA program this spring once the season concludes. They indicated that there are about 5-7 girls who will be leaving the SUSC DA program at the end of the season. All 3 parents echoed the same displeasure with the DA program:

1. The "increased coaching level" has not happened and they have seen the same coaches running the same sessions they were running at U14 level...

2. The level of competitive & technical skills the team has compared to those they play are light years apart. One parent said that the SUSC DA girls are easily 2 or 3 years behind the skill and ability they saw from the competition this fall.

3. Training sessions are heavy on the "scripted and patterned" drills but little or no decision making is stressed. They are now seeing the lack of creativity rear its ugly head with the constant pattern and narrow scope of the game as taught by SUSC.

4. The SUSC promise of "exposure" has not increased the amount of interest from colleges. In fact they feel it has hurt. Getting beat consistently at this level is not drawing interest and the previously mentioned "scripted" philosophy on technical skills has colleges looking away due to a lack of decision making on the part of the players.
                  How did the club respond when you and the other parents brought these concerns to their attention?

Comment

How did the club respond when you and the other parents brought these concerns to their attention?
                    I - the poster of the exodus post - am not a SUSC parent. I have a daughter who plays with another club and she plays futsal with s few SUSC DA girls. Talking with their parents over the last few weeks and hearing the stories of their displeasure.

I know 2 parents did talk to SUSC about their "issues" and the same responses were given about rostering players, coaching philosophy, and the like... that they had heard the previous year.

As for the post about the private school issue - totally agree. The private school kids playing and not playing makes the roster a mess! Kids and parents want SUSC to provide better stability with their rosters but they just can't because the pool of player for DA is not deep enough.

Comment

I - the poster of the exodus post - am not a SUSC parent. I have a daughter who plays with another club and she plays futsal with s few SUSC DA girls. Talking with their parents over the last few weeks and hearing the stories of their displeasure.

I know 2 parents did talk to SUSC about their "issues" and the same responses were given about rostering players, coaching philosophy, and the like... that they had heard the previous year.

As for the post about the private school issue - totally agree. The private school kids playing and not playing makes the roster a mess! Kids and parents want SUSC to provide better stability with their rosters but they just can't because the pool of player for DA is not deep enough.

Their intent is to absolutely start to limit the private school players. It's a huge problem and I think they had to deal with it in the first year to get up and running. Note, I didn't say "eliminate" because, sad to say, good players are accommodated no matter where you are. So, I expect there to be a few, but they'd rather take someone with a little less quality who will be there all the time.

Really interesting read from the NE Soccer Journal recently. I'd say IS is aware of their standing and is pretty realistic. It's behind a paywall so you likely can't read it all unless you have a subscription, but here is the link: https://www.nesoccerjournal.com/girls-da-seacoast-united-focused-on-long-game-development/

One snippet -

“Anyone involved with developmental football will tell you results don’t matter,” Scott said. “Certainly in Scotland, where I was working last, their boys academy didn’t even report scores until they were 17. It was irrelevant and a pure development pathway. American soccer is slightly different and judges competitiveness through results at times, and we all know it takes a really good player here or there to make a difference.

“So what I look for is are they trying to implement a style of play that we want, are they competitive in terms of giving their all every game. That’s what I start to look at, and if you do the right things, results will always come. That’s our focus.”

From what I've seen, and this isn't just specific to DA, or even Seacoast, but for many teams there is that one player who is just better than everyone else on the pitch. You can see stats and that one player can score 80% of a team's goals and average 1+ a game. Players 2-13(-ish) are about the same.

Of course, finding that one player is always the hardest no matter the level.

Comment

Am I reading this correctly? You have no affiliation with this particular club and doesn't effect your situation but you posted a pointed complaint? Seems weird that you would even care if you don't have a SUSC affiliation.

Comment

Am I reading this correctly? You have no affiliation with this particular club and doesn't effect your situation but you posted a pointed complaint? Seems weird that you would even care if you don't have a SUSC affiliation.
                          So being involved in soccer and placing an opinion based on facts is not allowed because "I don't have a gorse in this race"? LOL!

Comment

So being involved in soccer and placing an opinion based on facts is not allowed because "I don't have a gorse in this race"? LOL!
                            Were they facts though? They were your opinions based on someone else's opinions. Not saying I disagree with those opinions as it relates to that team, but in the end it's just my opinion.

I will say, some of the "facts" were in the end, not correct.

Comment

The 2003 DA SCUS team is an NPL team, with one, maybe two players who are DA level. There might of been 3 DA level players, but one got hurt (twice) and soccer is probably over for her. Most of that team is the same team that went all the way to the national championship years ago as NPL, that is what they are: NPL They should have stayed there and scrapped DA altogether as now NPL and DA suck due to both being watered down.

The organization plays team tactics, not individual progress, so your kid either does or doesn't posses the individual skills prior to SCUS NPL/DA. They will never improve that either by the time they hit high school because SCUS simply doesn't make it a priority, at all.

The NPL 01' 02' teams are combined because they don't have enough players, and they shouldn't be NPL anyways (fat, slow, no skill). The best player, who also plays for Exeter, bolted to FC Stars in MA, which is where she belongs anyways.

Lot's of denial at SCUS front offices, but those checks helped build that facility in Epping, while reorganizing all of MA due to lack of players. So what do they care? :)

Comment

Unfortunately, it sounds like your sources should have a conversation with the club, perhaps as their spokesperson you could broker the conversation for them. Maybe they should consider other clubs if U14, U15, U16 and now U17 haven't helped their daughters develop a competitive edge to play at the DA level.

Side note, all DA/ECNL level teams have prep players. Most of these players get a deal for playing at the prep school level and are getting a financial aid situation where they must play for the school, I wouldn't fault the players for that situation. Although, not ideal, it will always be a factor.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X