Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2019
chapato chapato is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 79
Talking Wpu

WPU lost, 30 teams in 2 years. and they still don’t know why. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-14-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just sign a deal with Boca United and call yourself DA. All will be good.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-15-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool Because the goal is to——-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapato View Post
WPU lost, 30 teams in 2 years. and they still don’t know why. LOL
You speak as if you believe this result to be unintended or the consequence of an ignorant few. I would contend the opposite is true. While not speaking to their level of intelligence, including their general ability to implement a reading and writing comprehension level beyond that of our local elementary school, we can speak of the motivation and goals that have not been hidden from the portion of the public not closing their eyes to the words spoken by visible actions taken by the few exercising their authoritarian form of management.

I would contend the changes afoot are not unintended but rather are the intended consequences of a more ambitious plan. That plan is to move all the teams under the Weston umbrella without raising the awareness that they are maneuvering around the bylaws - and city agreements. They wish to effectuate a “merger” without having to technically conform to the very documents governing their existence, operations, etc., without conforming the City agreements renting fields to the Club generally for the benefit of City children - and without having to adhere to the steps required in a legal merger. This other plan is tantamount to an employee leasing arrangement where the children are but mere pawns and the revenue shared from one club to another is to be used to pay the landlords of the City fields, which are desperately needed by true leadership to continue their dominance of soccer registration fees.

Let it be known as I hold this microphone that - schemes are in the works to have WPW players wear neutral (not weston / not WPU) practice gear so as to not make it obvious to any observers that non-WPU clubs are using the Pembroke Pines facilities - at least, that is how it would appear based on rumored hearsay. WPW teams, regardless of stated intent, are registered and carded under the Weston banner - with all communications and public marketing also pointing to the same. WPW teams are not WPU teams, in any sense of the word - they are not WPU teams any more than the Weston teams before them who were comprised of disgruntled former WPU players who left WPU for the warm embrace of their neighboring club. The difference today is that they have been labeled “WPW” - under the false premise that they are a team of the combined rather than a team of the one.

No, these WPW players are Weston. To allow WPW teams use PP City fields and facilities under the WPU agreement with the city is akin to the subletting of the fields in, what might be, a violation of any anti-subletting provision found in the applicable agreements. So, it is best to make it more difficult to see that which is obvious - neutral gear reduces the odds that an unsuspecting City observer will easily find the inescapable conclusion: contractual provisions are suggestions to some while other provisions are for those same few to use as reasons for perpetual rule.

Current management has provided what, at best, appears to be shifting and confused explanations on the status of the current Board, composition, etc - while taking steps to solidify their self legitimized legacy while finding favor with those with whom they desire to partner. In 2 years, WPU will be no more.

While I understand that the prophesied end of the once reputable club, formerly known as “West Pines United” and more recently known as “Servants to Weston FC under the Label of West Pines United,” has been a reoccurring theme on this message board and among many disgruntled people - this time, this prophecy is correct and based on adequate information.

It is possible, yet improbable, that when elections 2.0 at the direction of the illegitimate and conflicted Board members are held (if held), that the newly elected leadership imposing a continued authoritarian rule on the Club could act to save the Club and return it to its status of a self-run, non-excuse making, club intent on establishing itself as standalone Club who can compete with the best that other clubs, including Weston, have to offer.

The answer, though, lies not on this message board nor is it found in the hollow words of the neigh sayers: the answer depends on the continued and focused effort of the collective whose goal is not to undermine the actions of a few but rather to preserve the Club for the children of the City as well as other children who do not wish or desire to play for their neighboring Clubs.

Unfortunately, there remains many who act with emotion allowing emotion and the desire to tell the world that their’s is bigger - and mobilize their troops loving the bravado, with a similar visceral reaction often found in the Cult of Trump, to act publicly to demonstrate that they sit not idly by in the face of corruption. Yet, such emotion-fueled action tends to move forward in the absence of “practical reality planning.” Practical reality planning involves the recognition that a Company may not operate in the absence of a workforce and that there involves many aspects to management, including proper licensing and affiliation, nor may it operate in the absence of management. It is this absence that does not engender the motivated movement to the polls that the emotionally motivated and scarred “mine is bigger” group hopes would be motivated simply because they have shouted more loudly than others.

Here, we sit - on the precipice of the end. Time passes - people change - scenery becomes unobserved. The cliff was, and improbably remains, avoidable. Yet, here we are. And as it so seems that no matter where you go, there you are. Tick tock - the loud clicks of the clock have become faint and distance. Silence approaches - the frustrating ticking and tocking dulls - shades are pulled - lights are dimmed. Question is: will this continued to be allowed? 2 years - and bye bye, curtains close.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You speak as if you believe this result to be unintended or the consequence of an ignorant few. I would contend the opposite is true. While not speaking to their level of intelligence, including their general ability to implement a reading and writing comprehension level beyond that of our local elementary school, we can speak of the motivation and goals that have not been hidden from the portion of the public not closing their eyes to the words spoken by visible actions taken by the few exercising their authoritarian form of management.

I would contend the changes afoot are not unintended but rather are the intended consequences of a more ambitious plan. That plan is to move all the teams under the Weston umbrella without raising the awareness that they are maneuvering around the bylaws - and city agreements. They wish to effectuate a “merger” without having to technically conform to the very documents governing their existence, operations, etc., without conforming the City agreements renting fields to the Club generally for the benefit of City children - and without having to adhere to the steps required in a legal merger. This other plan is tantamount to an employee leasing arrangement where the children are but mere pawns and the revenue shared from one club to another is to be used to pay the landlords of the City fields, which are desperately needed by true leadership to continue their dominance of soccer registration fees.

Let it be known as I hold this microphone that - schemes are in the works to have WPW players wear neutral (not weston / not WPU) practice gear so as to not make it obvious to any observers that non-WPU clubs are using the Pembroke Pines facilities - at least, that is how it would appear based on rumored hearsay. WPW teams, regardless of stated intent, are registered and carded under the Weston banner - with all communications and public marketing also pointing to the same. WPW teams are not WPU teams, in any sense of the word - they are not WPU teams any more than the Weston teams before them who were comprised of disgruntled former WPU players who left WPU for the warm embrace of their neighboring club. The difference today is that they have been labeled “WPW” - under the false premise that they are a team of the combined rather than a team of the one.

No, these WPW players are Weston. To allow WPW teams use PP City fields and facilities under the WPU agreement with the city is akin to the subletting of the fields in, what might be, a violation of any anti-subletting provision found in the applicable agreements. So, it is best to make it more difficult to see that which is obvious - neutral gear reduces the odds that an unsuspecting City observer will easily find the inescapable conclusion: contractual provisions are suggestions to some while other provisions are for those same few to use as reasons for perpetual rule.

Current management has provided what, at best, appears to be shifting and confused explanations on the status of the current Board, composition, etc - while taking steps to solidify their self legitimized legacy while finding favor with those with whom they desire to partner. In 2 years, WPU will be no more.

While I understand that the prophesied end of the once reputable club, formerly known as “West Pines United” and more recently known as “Servants to Weston FC under the Label of West Pines United,” has been a reoccurring theme on this message board and among many disgruntled people - this time, this prophecy is correct and based on adequate information.

It is possible, yet improbable, that when elections 2.0 at the direction of the illegitimate and conflicted Board members are held (if held), that the newly elected leadership imposing a continued authoritarian rule on the Club could act to save the Club and return it to its status of a self-run, non-excuse making, club intent on establishing itself as standalone Club who can compete with the best that other clubs, including Weston, have to offer.

The answer, though, lies not on this message board nor is it found in the hollow words of the neigh sayers: the answer depends on the continued and focused effort of the collective whose goal is not to undermine the actions of a few but rather to preserve the Club for the children of the City as well as other children who do not wish or desire to play for their neighboring Clubs.

Unfortunately, there remains many who act with emotion allowing emotion and the desire to tell the world that their’s is bigger - and mobilize their troops loving the bravado, with a similar visceral reaction often found in the Cult of Trump, to act publicly to demonstrate that they sit not idly by in the face of corruption. Yet, such emotion-fueled action tends to move forward in the absence of “practical reality planning.” Practical reality planning involves the recognition that a Company may not operate in the absence of a workforce and that there involves many aspects to management, including proper licensing and affiliation, nor may it operate in the absence of management. It is this absence that does not engender the motivated movement to the polls that the emotionally motivated and scarred “mine is bigger” group hopes would be motivated simply because they have shouted more loudly than others.

Here, we sit - on the precipice of the end. Time passes - people change - scenery becomes unobserved. The cliff was, and improbably remains, avoidable. Yet, here we are. And as it so seems that no matter where you go, there you are. Tick tock - the loud clicks of the clock have become faint and distance. Silence approaches - the frustrating ticking and tocking dulls - shades are pulled - lights are dimmed. Question is: will this continued to be allowed? 2 years - and bye bye, curtains close.

Mr. Attorney,

You promised change and a "bomb". Where's the change? Where's the bomb? Still waiting......
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I kinda believed sawyer too. But he’s been nothing more than long winded emails with no results.

Hey! Less typing more doing.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-15-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I kinda believed sawyer too. But he’s been nothing more than long winded emails with no results.

Hey! Less typing more doing.
Exactly. He must be a frustrated wanna be author.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-17-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What is WPU?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.