Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has happened to Braden River?

Their boys program is similar to the Florida Gators football program right now. Jones moved his team to FC Sarasota. One of the best boys coaches from the last several years is driving his son to Wesly Chapel which is about a 1.5 hour drive one way. They complain they can't get into the CDL but they are "middle of the pack" in USA. This was a club on its way up a few years ago. And with Manatee Magic gone they should be thriving. Whats the deal ?

I guess they are not trying hard enough to get into good tournaments to get in to the CDL

Comment

Manatee Magic merged into FC Sarasota

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Their boys program is similar to the Florida Gators football program right now. Jones moved his team to FC Sarasota. One of the best boys coaches from the last several years is driving his son to Wesly Chapel which is about a 1.5 hour drive one way. They complain they can't get into the CDL but they are "middle of the pack" in USA. This was a club on its way up a few years ago. And with Manatee Magic gone they should be thriving. Whats the deal ?
        Too many english guys coaching at Braden river!! Get rid of them. Just because they have an english accent doen't mean they are good coaches!!

Perfect example: U16 and U17 girls coaches! What a waste

Comment

SO True

My daughter plays for this club and I concur. This club is steady going downhill. Great Rec program but lousy competitive. They do not believe in the "Whole Club" theory. They allow coached to put their own teams in tournaments and are happy with Halloween Havoc championships. Lousy parent coaching (except a few) and a DOC that is out of touch. This club has the foundation it needs to be a serious threat but it will never happen until you wipe everyone out that has ruined it for the last 4-5 years. The club puts emphasis on 1 team U12 Boys because Club president's son is on it. What I have seen across the state...They don't hold any weight......This is our last year at BRSC

Comment

I don't FLA Revolution parent, what's wrong with Braden River? Another FLA Rev thread, clowns...

Comment

I don't FLA Revolution parent, what's wrong with Braden River? Another FLA Rev thread, clowns...
              Well it worked for me. My child will be a FLA Rev child next year. Just look at those fields. And ... uhm and. Will just look at those fields. Can't wait.

Comment

wake up

this is a Braden river thread-

Comment

Braden River

So did Braden river change its direction a couple of years ago and the club is now suffering?
                  They were quite strong a few years ago. Especialty the girls. Does anyone know what went wrong?

Comment

So did Braden river change its direction a couple of years ago and the club is now suffering?
                    They were quite strong a few years ago. Especialty the girls. Does anyone know what went wrong?
                    Give it a rest FLA Revolution. Just start a thread about your club and stop bashing every other Tampa club.

Comment

They decided to run out good coaches due to politics and the leadership is content with having a nice bank account and playing REC ball. No forward vision or direction. Kids in this area suffer because of it.

Comment

The current president at Braden River is the worst type of 'soccer dad' you can think of. He is always spouting off about how he has coached at all different levels and 'won' at all of them. He wants Braden River to be a parent run organization and has a record of pushing out good coaches or families whose opinion differs from his philosophy. He overestimates his own soccer knowledge which is limited to the time his own kids have played the game and refuses to take any advice or direction that doesn't benefit him or his kids in some way.

He is happy for the club to be a happy-go-lucky run-of-the-mill volunteer organization with a coaching staff full of yes-men and super soccer-dads like himself.

Comment

If Braden River would have joined FC Sarasota as originally proposed and agreed upon over 2 years ago, this area would have another academy team and be one of the best in the state. FC Sarasota has the coaching - only a few parents, mostly on B & C teams, Braden River has the foundation. Could have been awesome.

Comment

why would Braden river join FC Sarasota?
                            if you compare the coaches on the boys and girls side, there is a big difference.
                            do the comparison as I did and kept my son at Braden River.

Comment

Drive North to Big Bend Road

You folks in Manatee county should consider driving 20 minutes to the North and joining Florida Revolution. John Clare can coach your team/kid. He is a former pro with an A license. Probably the best trainer in the state.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X