Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    JAYFC U18 was the consolidated team who won USYS National titles. They have always been a cut above the rest from u13. It was more of an area consolidated talent team. The other JAYFC teams were low or last in group results except U14. See how JAYFC does next year when its best players are leaving for United Soccer Alliance-Clay GDA. Florida ECNL teams did not show well in ECNL and expect GDA with the same players to perform similarily on the national stage.
    The starting 11 were the only ones still left from the USYS champions. The real quality players were already gone.

Comment

I think the net gain is in favor of the ECNL teams. They mostly added new, improved players. The GDA teams are either the same ECNL team that did poorly in addition they lost players. For example, OC has two very bad 01 and 02 teams that will now make 1 team (which will get creamed) and the rejects will be placed on the ECNL team. Thus, two teams that stink. All the other ECNL clubs should do fine even out of state because the truly great clubs like Top Hat, Hawks, any CA team will have their dominating teams in GDA. Those clubs were it is all about winning. The FL GDA are all about "showcasing". Why, you might ask? Because they can't win so they set low expectations. Some day a super club will rise from the pack but by then my daughter will be enjoying a career.
      I can agree with the bulk of this statement, still not on board with the "...new, improved players" part. Again, some of the new clubs will bring plenty to the table. Backfilling the ECNL holes with travel or NPL players is not improving.

I do agree with how the GDA will probably fair nationally but that is more of an indictment of developmental soccer as whole. Even GDA expresses the opinion that training and development is more important than winning.

Granted I am biased and hopeful as we made the jump for the coach and we had reservations about the incoming ECNL coach. Hopefully our grandkids will play for that super club.

Comment

I think the net gain is in favor of the ECNL teams. They mostly added new, improved players. The GDA teams are either the same ECNL team that did poorly in addition they lost players. For example, OC has two very bad 01 and 02 teams that will now make 1 team (which will get creamed) and the rejects will be placed on the ECNL team. Thus, two teams that stink. All the other ECNL clubs should do fine even out of state because the truly great clubs like Top Hat, Hawks, any CA team will have their dominating teams in GDA. Those clubs were it is all about winning. The FL GDA are all about "showcasing". Why, you might ask? Because they can't win so they set low expectations. Some day a super club will rise from the pack but by then my daughter will be enjoying a career.
        CA and Top Hat have a reputation for having depth below the first teams. GDA with combined birth years means that half of the team may have moved to GDA and half stayed on ECNL. Ecnl teams will be strong as ever.

Comment

CA and Top Hat have a reputation for having depth below the first teams. GDA with combined birth years means that half of the team may have moved to GDA and half stayed on ECNL. Ecnl teams will be strong as ever.
          Dual birth years allows GDA to pool from two age groups if necessary. An 00/99 team can be primarily made up of 00 or 99 players if that is what you have or what the club deems the best for that team.

Comment

Dual birth years allows GDA to pool from two age groups if necessary. An 00/99 team can be primarily made up of 00 or 99 players if that is what you have or what the club deems the best for that team.
            And made up of those two age groups who do not care to play high school soccer.

Comment

And made up of those two age groups who do not care to play high school soccer.
              True if your HS team or coach is worth it. Some are, some are not.

Comment

OC does a miserable job of developing talent. The few talented players who choose GDA will face stiff competition from other GDA clubs. The OC ECNL teams will be weakend by players who are selected to play at that level from Purple teams that are fairly weak. FKK due to the fact that they will not have GDA will field much stronger ECNL teams. Yes, Some girls might have left for the GDA over at Orlando City but only a few. There is not enough talent developed in the area to field two competitive ECNL teams and a GDA team. I am talking about the Orlando area. Jax and Tampa areas might be different. It is the fault of both clubs for worrying about recruiting,stealing players from each other and not of developing talent from within. This has been going on for years now. It is a sad state.

Comment

OC does a miserable job of developing talent. The few talented players who choose GDA will face stiff competition from other GDA clubs. The OC ECNL teams will be weakend by players who are selected to play at that level from Purple teams that are fairly weak. FKK due to the fact that they will not have GDA will field much stronger ECNL teams. Yes, Some girls might have left for the GDA over at Orlando City but only a few. There is not enough talent developed in the area to field two competitive ECNL teams and a GDA team. I am talking about the Orlando area. Jax and Tampa areas might be different. It is the fault of both clubs for worrying about recruiting,stealing players from each other and not of developing talent from within. This has been going on for years now. It is a sad state.
                  Could blame US Soccer and US Club Soccer for allowing OC to have both.

Comment

No, I don't think many in JAX would argue that either. Still, you can go and see some new faces on the field that have promise and some old faces that have grown 3 inches and put on a good 10 pound or so since JR High that weren't given the opportunity previously.

Hopefully there will be a serious reassessment of the talent pool and rethinking of Daddy Ball at all the Florida Clubs. While its always fun to poke fun at clubs across the river or down I-4 but certainly don't like it when other states trash Florida soccer.

Comment

Who are the Orlando GDA coaches? Is it MLS Pride bench players? So they can make a little extra money?

Comment

Who are the Orlando GDA coaches? Is it MLS Pride bench players? So they can make a little extra money?
                        Well, any Div 1 pro player automatically qualifies to be able to take their B license so maybe...

Comment

Southern Regional games are where the southern college coaches are.
                          Correct, DIII and below...Go Sunrise!!!

Comment

No, I don't think many in JAX would argue that either. Still, you can go and see some new faces on the field that have promise and some old faces that have grown 3 inches and put on a good 10 pound or so since JR High that weren't given the opportunity previously.

Hopefully there will be a serious reassessment of the talent pool and rethinking of Daddy Ball at all the Florida Clubs. While its always fun to poke fun at clubs across the river or down I-4 but certainly don't like it when other states trash Florida soccer.
                            There are about 17 million people in Florida. There are about 1 million youth soccer clubs which would be considered "fake news", but I think we all get the point! Until someone, some club, some league takes over in Florida, we will always be a very watered down, non-developmental soccer state! It's win or bust baby in Florida baby!!! I think we can thank our parents from the most southeastern part of our state for its current soccer condition!

Comment

There are about 17 million people in Florida. There are about 1 million youth soccer clubs which would be considered "fake news", but I think we all get the point! Until someone, some club, some league takes over in Florida, we will always be a very watered down, non-developmental soccer state! It's win or bust baby in Florida baby!!! I think we can thank our parents from the most southeastern part of our state for its current soccer condition!
                              Parents participate in the system but clubs owners and league bosses create it - the turf battle for market share in an oversaturated market means families are caught in the middle

Comment

Parents participate in the system but clubs owners and league bosses create it - the turf battle for market share in an oversaturated market means families are caught in the middle
                                BS, clubs offer an avenue, and coaches teach. Should not be complicated until "Soccer Dad" decides his player is much better than they really are and moves them from club to club. If you were to take your child to a different school every year, how well do you think they would adjust mentally? By the time they do get comfortable it is off to the next club to be taught by the next best coach according to dear old dad! Sorry, but this falls on the parents, not the coaches!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X