Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agree as the current FL ecnl results are not impressive.
    Ok so in attempt to have a relevant civil conversation, the comment seems to allude that next year's girls ECNL players will be moving from NPL/RPL or FSPL.

I am curious to what clubs or teams you are thinking of that will represent Florida so much better. While I can't argue with the results either, most players, teams and clubs are simply shifting from one league to the next.

I can certainly see a couple teams from Sunrise or a team like FL Elite 01 girls making some noise next year, but in general, most players that will backfill the ECNL spaces are at best, travel league players.

Again, I am trying to start a real conversation and not trolling. I'm not saying your wrong, just not sure I agree with you.

Comment

Ok so in attempt to have a relevant civil conversation, the comment seems to allude that next year's girls ECNL players will be moving from NPL/RPL or FSPL.

I am curious to what clubs or teams you are thinking of that will represent Florida so much better. While I can't argue with the results either, most players, teams and clubs are simply shifting from one league to the next.

I can certainly see a couple teams from Sunrise or a team like FL Elite 01 girls making some noise next year, but in general, most players that will backfill the ECNL spaces are at best, travel league players.

Again, I am trying to start a real conversation and not trolling. I'm not saying your wrong, just not sure I agree with you.
      Just sayin JFC, FKK, FL Elite, TBU, and OC's ECNL teams should perform very fine in the ECNL with some clubs moving out of the league to DA. But GDA is new and too early to tell how the new GDA Boca, Weston, IMG, Clay, Pride and WFF teams will do in GDA national events.

Comment

Just sayin JFC, FKK, FL Elite, TBU, and OC's ECNL teams should perform very fine in the ECNL with some clubs moving out of the league to DA. But GDA is new and too early to tell how the new GDA Boca, Weston, IMG, Clay, Pride and WFF teams will do in GDA national events.
        I can see the point your trying to make with clubs like FL Elite and FKK. OC and JFC are already ECNL and part of the poor showing mentioned in the previous post. If existing FL ECNL clubs are currently not producing strong results, how is losing some, most or all their play to GDA going to make them better?

There are a couple good age groups at FL Elite and FKK for sure which should be impactful as new ECNL clubs. But the existing clubs are not going get better by subtraction.

Comment

I can see the point your trying to make with clubs like FL Elite and FKK. OC and JFC are already ECNL and part of the poor showing mentioned in the previous post. If existing FL ECNL clubs are currently not producing strong results, how is losing some, most or all their play to GDA going to make them better?

There are a couple good age groups at FL Elite and FKK for sure which should be impactful as new ECNL clubs. But the existing clubs are not going get better by subtraction.
          These clubs need to develop a foundation from the early ages. It can no longer be about recruiting from the others for success. Clay DA has one solid age group. JFC players did not jump ship for Clay. Stories of WFF losing players to Tampa ECNL. Ecnl and GDA clubs in Florida will both have pockets of stellar teams but need to get to the future of continuous high quality development club-wide.

Comment

Poor showing?

Armada (JFC) had 2 teams make the final 4 in the Championship Division. I think it was the only club in the nation to have more than 1 in the final 4. Not so sure that qualifies as a "poor showing"!

Comment

Armada (JFC) had 2 teams make the final 4 in the Championship Division. I think it was the only club in the nation to have more than 1 in the final 4. Not so sure that qualifies as a "poor showing"!
              Poor showing was not my words though I was paraphrasing. Read up a few post when somebody was being critical of the current Florida ECNL clubs and is the post I was referring to. My comment refers to that and to another person who seem to be in agreement. I do agree some new clubs coming into the league will be a positive thing for Florida in general. I do not believe that the existing clubs will be overall better with some of their players if not many of their players moving to GDA. If the premise is that with the new clubs coming into EC NL mixed league that much stronger, I agree.

Comment

JAYFC had two teams make it to the NATIONAL semi-finals for the non-diluted ECNL and you say it is a poor showing? What would it take for them to produce "strong results"? They actually had all five teams qualify for this event - four in the champions league (top level) and one in the North American division (second level).

The only team that is really being impacted next year by the GDA is the U16 team that was really a Clay County team. From what I've been told, the other teams are only losing one or two players to GDA.

Comment

JAYFC had two teams make it to the NATIONAL semi-finals for the non-diluted ECNL and you say it is a poor showing? What would it take for them to produce "strong results"? They actually had all five teams qualify for this event - four in the champions league (top level) and one in the North American division (second level).

The only team that is really being impacted next year by the GDA is the U16 team that was really a Clay County team. From what I've been told, the other teams are only losing one or two players to GDA.
                  Ok. JAYFC did have a good showing and Jacksonville area clubs are far superior to Orlando area clubs. I am jeleous! OC may have had the worst showing. There 01 team didn't even make the bottom level playoff. OC is a problem. They take great talent and break it. FKK takes less talent and makes it better. Until they merge Orlando area will be mediocre. The same is true for Tampa and Miami area teams. What makes JAX teams so much better?

Comment

Ok. JAYFC did have a good showing and Jacksonville area clubs are far superior to Orlando area clubs. I am jeleous! OC may have had the worst showing. There 01 team didn't even make the bottom level playoff. OC is a problem. They take great talent and break it. FKK takes less talent and makes it better. Until they merge Orlando area will be mediocre. The same is true for Tampa and Miami area teams. What makes JAX teams so much better?
                    We (Jax) have similar issues. If JAYFC and fesa could get along to create a superteam, then we could say we were different. Unfortunately its a battle for us too but we do have a huge population to choose from to get talented kids. Jax is one of the fastest growing areas in the country right now so that helps. I know personally that we have kids coming from as far north as Savannah and west as Tallahassee (2-2.5hr drive). Orlando/Tampa and Miami both have lots of options all within an 1-1.5hr drive.

Comment

Poor showing was not my words. Folks need to read the whole string before jumping to conclusions. The post I was referring to is:

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                      Florida ECNL teams can't compete in ECNL and these teams are the seeds for GDA? What a joke. Prediction. Florida GDA teams will get trounced next year. The Florida ECNL teams will do better because the real GDA caliber clubs will not be in ECNL.

The comments leave some to things to interpretation. I was curious at why ECNL was going to better with players leaving to GDA. I wholly agree that the addition of some of the new clubs with some strong teams will be make ECNL better in general. We are also not talking specifically about JFC or Clay.

Comment

Michigan Hawks with final 4 teams in 3 age groups and the Hawks were the 18/19 champs over San Diego Surf. It's routinely the best club in the nation.

Comment

For anyone wanting to see where ECNL commitments ended up for this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1931845771

Comment

JAYFC U18 was the consolidated team who won USYS National titles. They have always been a cut above the rest from u13. It was more of an area consolidated talent team. The other JAYFC teams were low or last in group results except U14. See how JAYFC does next year when its best players are leaving for United Soccer Alliance-Clay GDA. Florida ECNL teams did not show well in ECNL and expect GDA with the same players to perform similarily on the national stage.

Comment

JAYFC U18 was the consolidated team who won USYS National titles. They have always been a cut above the rest from u13. It was more of an area consolidated talent team. The other JAYFC teams were low or last in group results except U14. See how JAYFC does next year when its best players are leaving for United Soccer Alliance-Clay GDA. Florida ECNL teams did not show well in ECNL and expect GDA with the same players to perform similarily on the national stage.
                              THAT.... is probably the most accurate comment so far.

Comment

Poor showing was not my words. Folks need to read the whole string before jumping to conclusions. The post I was referring to is:

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                                Florida ECNL teams can't compete in ECNL and these teams are the seeds for GDA? What a joke. Prediction. Florida GDA teams will get trounced next year. The Florida ECNL teams will do better because the real GDA caliber clubs will not be in ECNL.

The comments leave some to things to interpretation. I was curious at why ECNL was going to better with players leaving to GDA. I wholly agree that the addition of some of the new clubs with some strong teams will be make ECNL better in general. We are also not talking specifically about JFC or Clay.
                                I think the net gain is in favor of the ECNL teams. They mostly added new, improved players. The GDA teams are either the same ECNL team that did poorly in addition they lost players. For example, OC has two very bad 01 and 02 teams that will now make 1 team (which will get creamed) and the rejects will be placed on the ECNL team. Thus, two teams that stink. All the other ECNL clubs should do fine even out of state because the truly great clubs like Top Hat, Hawks, any CA team will have their dominating teams in GDA. Those clubs were it is all about winning. The FL GDA are all about "showcasing". Why, you might ask? Because they can't win so they set low expectations. Some day a super club will rise from the pack but by then my daughter will be enjoying a career.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X