Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Defenders taking goal kicks at U14? While the goalie parks it on the goal line and watches? DEVELOPMENT, baby!!! LOL
    I could not believe that. My kid is a 03 GK and she would need to have a ankle twisted in two places before she playset a ball on the six yard line for someone

Comment

Defenders taking goal kicks at U14? While the goalie parks it on the goal line and watches? DEVELOPMENT, baby!!! LOL
      If my keeper has a leg or foot injury you're damn right a defender is taking the goal kick, even if it's just a pass to a half back, and especially in a playoff game.

Comment

For the most part it's ugly. But here are some things I see-

The touch on the ball is Horendus.
        The back and forth no possession is unwatchable
        The selfish forwards take the cake
        The punts only from GK's is 6'th grade level soccer
        The midfield is non existing and I witnessed one or two decent serves

In general The soccer in this country needed a huge shake up and I for one pray this DA thing takes off and the girls start focus on real possession style beautiful game because the ecnl is not. Athletics over everything at ecnl clubs is showing clearly in these playoffs.
        Did you watch the second half of the 18s?
        Hawks played very well organized soccer especially considering the surface was terrible for possession. I was there- very long grass.

Comment

I could not believe that. My kid is a 03 GK and she would need to have a ankle twisted in two places before she playset a ball on the six yard line for someone
          Wow your kid must be the second coming of Jesus in a pair of cleats. If someone took a goal kick for a keeper you can bet there was a good reason. That's not the norm for any age group in ECNL. Most goalies are very good. It's playoffs, development time is over, Time to play to win, whatever it takes. Learning how to make adjustments is part of development. If you were there you would know that until the last day, there was a solid and persistent 30 mph wind blowing somewhat diagonally across the fields. As said in a previous post, the surface was long grass. These are teams used to playing on turf, or turf like grass. All teams I saw struggled at times with both those conditions. Couple that with fairly evenly matched very athletic kids and it was tough to maintain possession. You can't expect even the best teams to resemble the European premier league. And best on best makes it even tougher. Even with that, there was some great soccer played last week. You can look at one video and pick apart the bad stuff, but just like the judicial system, it may not be the best, but there's nothing better. Show me another video of same year class kids playing better soccer than the ECNL. I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
            i guess i am an outlier, but i thought there were very good teams outside chicago and it was fun to watch. Breakers 01s had a tough game against dallas, and both teams looked great. I am biased of course. I thought stars 01s looked good, as did so cal blues. I am not sure where you are getting that the soccer is terrible. Is there any ma team that made it to the final four, or is it that your d's team didn't go?
            no mass teams - - too watered down already -- now we have da -- what will mass teams look like now?

Comment

no mass teams - - too watered down already -- now we have da -- what will mass teams look like now?
              Stars 01 made the final four.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Stars 01 made the final four.
                I think they lose players for NT duties. Breakers beat them when they were missing those players. Possible leveler is that other teams are likely missing their strongest players so bench depth will matter.

Comment

I think they lose players for NT duties. Breakers beat them when they were missing those players. Possible leveler is that other teams are likely missing their strongest players so bench depth will matter.
                  They were on the field vs BBA and they have a real shot at winning in Cali

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    They were on the field vs BBA and they have a real shot at winning in Cali
                    No they weren't.

Comment

Wow your kid must be the second coming of Jesus in a pair of cleats. If someone took a goal kick for a keeper you can bet there was a good reason. That's not the norm for any age group in ECNL. Most goalies are very good. It's playoffs, development time is over, Time to play to win, whatever it takes. Learning how to make adjustments is part of development. If you were there you would know that until the last day, there was a solid and persistent 30 mph wind blowing somewhat diagonally across the fields. As said in a previous post, the surface was long grass. These are teams used to playing on turf, or turf like grass. All teams I saw struggled at times with both those conditions. Couple that with fairly evenly matched very athletic kids and it was tough to maintain possession. You can't expect even the best teams to resemble the European premier league. And best on best makes it even tougher. Even with that, there was some great soccer played last week. You can look at one video and pick apart the bad stuff, but just like the judicial system, it may not be the best, but there's nothing better. Show me another video of same year class kids playing better soccer than the ECNL. I'll wait.
                      I only watched some the U14 game, since that's where my D will be next year. Since the goalie punted the ball every time she put hands on it, I'm going to guess she was well enough to take goal kicks. Which means the team doing it was doing it as a STRATEGY. And, by the way, maybe teams struggled with possession b/c they long-ball launched every goal kick and had the goalie punt it long into a 50-50 ball EVERY time. Any team having a defender take a goal kick at U14 doesn't care about possession. Having your goalie involved in the play creates the numbers advantage that enables you to actually be in a position to work out from the back. I'm not expecting the teams to play like pros, but at least try.

Comment

No they weren't.
                        If you're talking about the Stars U-16 team they were there

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X