Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's a happy medium. My son wants to do both. He's on a big club's A team, AND he's friends with his teammates.

That other stuff OP mentions -- parents berating kids after games -- is horrible, and more common at younger ages. By the older ages, those parents have wised up, or have destroyed their child's love of the game and so they have quit.
    At what age group does it get better? I made the comment and my kid is U13, going into U14.

This past year was the worst I've seen it.

Comment

At what age group does it get better? I made the comment and my kid is U13, going into U14.

This past year was the worst I've seen it.
      Not the OP but you're approaching the tail end of parents coming to the realization that their kid might not be all that. Once you hit the HS years there's a bigger separation of talent. Sometimes parents don't take it well

Comment

Ou have forgotten the only reason for DAP, namely identifying National Team Players. To do that they need to see the top few kids against the others around the country. And we are talking about far less than a handful of MA players any given season. The rest come merely to fill up the field. Therein lies the scam. The rest of you can hope some college coach snaps your kid up. But that is beside the point.

Comment

Ou have forgotten the only reason for DAP, namely identifying National Team Players. To do that they need to see the top few kids against the others around the country. And we are talking about far less than a handful of MA players any given season. The rest come merely to fill up the field. Therein lies the scam. The rest of you can hope some college coach snaps your kid up. But that is beside the point.
          College is exactly why I want my kid playing. Couldn't care less about the USMNT.

Comment

College is exactly why I want my kid playing. Couldn't care less about the USMNT.
            Understood, but while you are putting your $$ and time down, expect to travel nationally for the reason mentioned.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Understood, but while you are putting your $$ and time down, expect to travel nationally for the reason mentioned.

If college is the only goal and your kid plans on starting in the NE area then there is little value in traveling outside the northeast. However, if your kids team is playing in the top division in Potomac, Disney, CASL, or Presidents Cup and attending college outside the NE is a goal, then there is more support to travel.

On another note, traveling and playing requires experience. Travel takes a bit out of your physically and preparing properly requires some experience.

Comment

If college is the only goal and your kid plans on starting in the NE area then there is little value in traveling outside the northeast. However, if your kids team is playing in the top division in Potomac, Disney, CASL, or Presidents Cup and attending college outside the NE is a goal, then there is more support to travel.

On another note, traveling and playing requires experience. Travel takes a bit out of your physically and preparing properly requires some experience.
                My kid did it one season and the travel does interfere with your studies. I would not advise this for most folks.

Comment

Reality is those events have the greatest concentration of coaches. You can cover a lot of ground at showcases, whether they be close to home or further afield.

Comment

Reality is those events have the greatest concentration of coaches. You can cover a lot of ground at showcases, whether they be close to home or further afield.
                    They do, but the local coaches will also shop the next tier down at regional events. For nearly all kids around here that is good enough.

Comment

They do, but the local coaches will also shop the next tier down at regional events. For nearly all kids around here that is good enough.
                      What regional events? Needham? Lol

Comment

So DA kids should be all set then.

Comment

Define nearly

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            define nearly
                            > 90%

Comment

Not the OP but you're approaching the tail end of parents coming to the realization that their kid might not be all that. Once you hit the HS years there's a bigger separation of talent. Sometimes parents don't take it well
                              Thanks for responding.

Moving clubs/teams. Hopefully the parents are much calmer next season.

Comment

What regional events? Needham? Lol
                                Super Y league games and the Region 1 championships.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X