Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Girls NPL Still Exist Next Year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Affects my spouse more then me! Not bitter. Player has done and is doing this travel ans just have realized it s luxury not a necessity. (Player enjoys it) Families should not feel pressured to do it if it is burdensome. Just went trough try outs and very strong players came from leagues without such travel so obviously it is not essential soccer-wise.
    Same and agree. Bottomline is it is a good fit for our situation. It's not for everyone.

Tired of people assuming it's a lesser ability league. IMO any of the top 7 of the Northeast NPL roster could fill any of the bottom 7 ECNL roster, as in any A/B format.

As far as if it will be here next year? Northeast NPL aligns with the ECNL teams. Northeast NPL is here until ECNL goes away. (which won't be soon)

Comment

Same and agree. Bottomline is it is a good fit for our situation. It's not for everyone.

Tired of people assuming it's a lesser ability league. IMO any of the top 7 of the Northeast NPL roster could fill any of the bottom 7 ECNL roster, as in any A/B format.

As far as if it will be here next year? Northeast NPL aligns with the ECNL teams. Northeast NPL is here until ECNL goes away. (which won't be soon)
      If one club really did pull out, who cares? The league goes from 13 teams to 12.

Comment

If one club really did pull out, who cares? The league goes from 13 teams to 12.
        True, not a big deal if they do. If more than one does then who knows.

Comment

A NY team has opted to pull their teams from Northeast NPL because they could not field a DA team. They are requiring the NPL players to play DA instead. That is just soccer board scuttlebutt though.
          Hilarious if true.

Comment

I am hearing different stories...the latest being that Northeast Girls NPL will not be running divisions next year.

This wouldn't surprise me with GDA/ECNL making Northeast NPL the 3rd team, but can anyone confirm this? Is there anything official that states that?

Some ECNL clubs had already offered spots on their supposed Northeast Girls NPL team.
            I'm curious as well. I am hearing ECNL/NPL teams will combine making one team and NE NPL going away. That is speculation from what I can tell. Any info out there?

Comment

I'm curious as well. I am hearing ECNL/NPL teams will combine making one team and NE NPL going away. That is speculation from what I can tell. Any info out there?
              Any clue on where this info is coming from? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Any clue on where this info is coming from? Thanks.
                Not from anyone with real info

Comment

Not from anyone with real info
                  The Northeast NPL will move forward A feeble shell of a league for another year. By then all the competitive players will have to have left it behind for reasonably priced and far superior soccer elsewhere.

Comment

The Northeast NPL will move forward A feeble shell of a league for another year. By then all the competitive players will have to have left it behind for reasonably priced and far superior soccer elsewhere.
                    Breakers took fcb NPL players on da. All the leagues will be weakened.

Comment

Must move to better league, the jones'es may think less of us hurry hurry morons.

Comment

FCB NPL are nothing to write home about.

Comment

FCB NPL are nothing to write home about.
                          Exactly but they had to fill rosters.

Comment

You may not care for the Northeast NPL but the current rosters of girls on Stars are actually good players. Every Stars girls NPL qualified for final four playoffs this weekend.

Comment

At what age?

Comment

You may not care for the Northeast NPL but the current rosters of girls on Stars are actually good players. Every Stars girls NPL qualified for final four playoffs this weekend.
                                FCB has some good players too. U13 placed high in their league just missing final 4. There are some good older players too, just not enough to fill a roster. Surprising if any made DAP though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X