Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Girls NPL Still Exist Next Year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northeast Girls NPL Still Exist Next Year?

I am hearing different stories...the latest being that Northeast Girls NPL will not be running divisions next year.

This wouldn't surprise me with GDA/ECNL making Northeast NPL the 3rd team, but can anyone confirm this? Is there anything official that states that?

Some ECNL clubs had already offered spots on their supposed Northeast Girls NPL team.

A NY team has opted to pull their teams from Northeast NPL because they could not field a DA team. They are requiring the NPL players to play DA instead. That is just soccer board scuttlebutt though.

Comment

The NPL teams in the Northeast league are going to be completely watered down, as if they weren't already. I'm not sure how Stars will even field a competitive NPL team, and besides Stars and FC Boston, the remaining teams were weak to begin with. They would get better competition playing in NEP, and spend a lot less time and money........

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        A NY team has opted to pull their teams from Northeast NPL because they could not field a DA team. They are requiring the NPL players to play DA instead. That is just soccer board scuttlebutt though.
        Now clubs can require players to join a certain league? I am sure the families are quite capable of saying no thanks if they don't want to play da or ecnl or any other "required league".

Comment

Some ECNL clubs had already offered spots on their supposed Northeast Girls NPL team.
          Stars NPL has teams for next year.

Comment

Stars NPL has teams for next year.
            No need to travel then and definitely no need to travel now. Need the label for the parents though.

Comment

No need to travel then and definitely no need to travel now. Need the label for the parents though.
              What's the word....touche' or douche'? Pick whichever you like.

Comment

That pretty much goes for every youth soccer team in every league. They want to travel, there is no need for it

Comment

That pretty much goes for every youth soccer team in every league. They want to travel, there is no need for it
                  Not true, my D played in New England NPL and our furthest game was 1 1/2 hours away....

Comment

Not true, my D played in New England NPL and our furthest game was 1 1/2 hours away....
                    You didn't travel to any out of state tournaments?

Comment

You didn't travel to any out of state tournaments?
                      Of course, but what team doesn't travel for tournaments at the older age groups? I don't mind spending the money for tournaments, and she has fun with her teammates.

Comment

Was not referring to new England npl. That is a not a league with burdensome travel.

Comment

Was not referring to new England npl. That is a not a league with burdensome travel.
                          You sound bitter. Does the travel schedule of the Northeast NPL affect you in some way? If it does, then your daughter must play in it. If that's the case, play for someone else.

Comment

You sound bitter. Does the travel schedule of the Northeast NPL affect you in some way? If it does, then your daughter must play in it. If that's the case, play for someone else.
                            Not the OP, but this thread was about the existence of Northeast Girls NPL going forward, which mirrors the ECNL clubs and has the same travel as ECNL. That is different than New England NPL.

Comment

Affects my spouse more then me! Not bitter. Player has done and is doing this travel ans just have realized it s luxury not a necessity. (Player enjoys it) Families should not feel pressured to do it if it is burdensome. Just went trough try outs and very strong players came from leagues without such travel so obviously it is not essential soccer-wise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X