Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Doesn't sound like she is motivated. What makes you think she wants to play club? And How can she be too good for town if she isn't good at low level club and you make a reference to being lucky your high school isn't Division 1 (whatever that means)? Why is any of this even a question for you? Or is that the point of the thread?
    So I didn't say it was low level club/team, just a small club. I know she wants to play club because she says she does, easy enough?
    And like another poster said I do believe the right coach/team can help improve and motivate instead of discouraging.

Comment

We are at a small club and my daughter (U12) is in the bottom third of the team as far as skills. This is also my first kid in soccer and I never played in the past.
      I haven't seen much improvement over this past season (the team did improve though), though she did improve in the fall/winter. As we begin tryouts this week I wonder if the bigger clubs with many teams at different levels would be a better fit? Do those clubs typically do any individual coaching to help kids improve in the areas they are weak? I feel like we get "team" training but not necessarily any focus on the individual except if they do something wrong in a game.
      Just wondering what is typical coaching and training?
      Have your kid play town, don't coach or yell from the sideline, buy ice cream after every game, praise effort.

Take the money you were going to spend on club for the next year and pay for additional 1 on 1 private training.

Think about club next spring, find a local coach that your private trainer recommends and ask to attend a practice or two.

Comment

So I didn't say it was low level club/team, just a small club. I know she wants to play club because she says she does, easy enough?
        And like another poster said I do believe the right coach/team can help improve and motivate instead of discouraging.
        So it's a good club team? But one with kids who, at most, MIGHT want to play in high school? And your kid MIGHT get to play only because your high school team isn't that strong? You said in another post she's not that interested. Which is it?

Got to do a better job with the internals of your stories, BTNT.

Comment

Surprised this thread has gotten this far and still no "if your kid isn't NT or top 20D1 material you're wasting your money." You know that's what you-know-who wants to say, but he's trying to be more subtle

Comment

So it's a good club team? But one with kids who, at most, MIGHT want to play in high school? And your kid MIGHT get to play only because your high school team isn't that strong? You said in another post she's not that interested. Which is it?

Not the OP but I don't think kids are really thinking about whether they want to play in high school yet. I'm sure if asked they would say yes but I don't think they think about it. It is most likely 3 years away and that is a long long time from their POV.

Comment

Not the OP but I don't think kids are really thinking about whether they want to play in high school yet. I'm sure if asked they would say yes but I don't think they think about it. It is most likely 3 years away and that is a long long time from their POV.
              1) If you paid attention it was the parent speculating about only and just maybe high school, not the child.

2) According to the gurus here, notwithstanding #1 above, kids need to decide about college by this age, so that would be difficult if they can't even comprehend thinking about high school yet.

Comment

OP: I never said the kids on her club might want to play high school. I said SHE might want to play high school. As of now, going into U13 she is not very strong that's why I said she should still be OK when high school comes since they are a small school.
                Maybe you should read first. Some of you are so paranoid that its this BTNT person.
                Thanks at least for the good advice I got on here.

Comment

OP: I never said the kids on her club might want to play high school. I said SHE might want to play high school. As of now, going into U13 she is not very strong that's why I said she should still be OK when high school comes since they are a small school.
                  Maybe you should read first. Some of you are so paranoid that its this BTNT person.
                  Thanks at least for the good advice I got on here.
                  Bravo! You are the first parent in the history of TS to admit that your kid is bottom third on a team from a small, or small and good, or small and so so club and will be lucky to play for a so so high school team.

Glad you liked the advice. Which advice was most compelling for you?

Comment

Have your kid play town, don't coach or yell from the sideline, buy ice cream after every game, praise effort.

Take the money you were going to spend on club for the next year and pay for additional 1 on 1 private training.

Think about club next spring, find a local coach that your private trainer recommends and ask to attend a practice or two.
                    Genius.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X