Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anybody know of a school that is flexible enough (even if its private) with their schedule to allow athletes to get a great education without having to do virtual school?
    Really? Just how do you think that would play out? Can you give an example of what you mean? Seems impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Really? Just how do you think that would play out? Can you give an example of what you mean? Seems impossible.
      One way would be to let the high level athletes replace gym class with study hall. God knows a high level soccer player gets plenty of physical activity in a week, a lot more than a game of dodgeball would provide.

Comment

My kid does virtual school and I drive over an hour 3/4 days a week and my kid plays the min on DA...I'm I crazy?

Comment

It's very school dependent from what I've heard. I have a nephew who is a national level snowboarder up north. He goes to a small private school that is very accommodating when he has to be away for events. However, they did make compromises with the quality of his education. He's crazy smart and was accepted to a few other much higher academic high schools. But those schools told the family they would be much less flexible. Their very good public school all but laughed when they asked. Their state has rules on how much school can be missed outside of a doctor excuses illness. Does FL? I don't even know lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X