Virtual & DA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeschool kids grow up to be the guy who drives extra slow by a school zone.

Teacher/student sex still happens in homeschool situation, but what happens at home stays at home.

Homeschool kids get a real world education like knowing when they should take mommy to get her stomach pumped.

In a homeschool, no one has to hide the bruises.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Homeschool kids grow up to be the guy who drives extra slow by a school zone.

Teacher/student sex still happens in homeschool situation, but what happens at home stays at home.

Homeschool kids get a real world education like knowing when they should take mommy to get her stomach pumped.

In a homeschool, no one has to hide the bruises.
      Thanks for the peek into your twisted mind.

Comment

Man this Troll got everyone going love how you all just jump in...

You are all so passionate...

Comment

Thanks for the peek into your twisted mind.
          all thanks to public education...

Comment

original post:

We have been asked serval times if our son was planning on registering for Virtual School.

I would like to know if anyone else has made the diction to Use Virtual school and what have you found to be the pros and cons?

Why are people asking you if your son is planning on Virtual School?

Comment

original post:

We have been asked serval times if our son was planning on registering for Virtual School.

I would like to know if anyone else has made the diction to Use Virtual school and what have you found to be the pros and cons?

Why are people asking you if your son is planning on Virtual School?
              It seems to be a trend these days, I know at OC they were asking us so we could train one or two days a week while the first team was there. They wanted to give the kids exposure to the process

Comment

It seems to be a trend these days, I know at OC they were asking us so we could train one or two days a week while the first team was there. They wanted to give the kids exposure to the process
                Oh so when it's more convenient for them, as opposed to doing it after the kids are out of school. Got it.

Comment

Oh so when it's more convenient for them, as opposed to doing it after the kids are out of school. Got it.

Exactly and that is wrong. At a young age, you don't put your education at stake like that. It is a very unfair position for the parents and definitely the kids. They do encourage you to homeschool your kid and if you don't, you miss out, and that's wrong.

Comment

Wow, didn't realize clubs were encouraging it. I have used virtual school and can offer you some pros and cons to consider, but need to know the age of the child and if he would be doing it alone or would have siblings joining him. It doesn't have to be putting your education at stake I can assure you of that, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Comment

Only 5 kids in the OC DA are committed to go play soccer in college. A few couldn't even make it into college to play soccer.

You DO NOT NEED DA to play soccer in college.

Comment

Who cares about playing soccer in college that's the fall back option ... if you are at a BDA your goal is not college. Moving forward, your goal is turn professional and get your MLS / USL / NASL contract and for USMNT call-ups get visibility to get a contract to go out and join the develop programs in the Bundesliga / EPL / etc. At ages 16 - 18, virtual school should be no problem. For U15 and under nobody is pushing to take them out of their school system ... but for elite players in the 16 - 18 age groups they should be able to pursue their dreams.

Leave college for US Club Soccer, Youth Soccer (FYSA) clubs and GDA.

Comment

Only 5 kids in the OC DA are committed to go play soccer in college. A few couldn't even make it into college to play soccer.

You DO NOT NEED DA to play soccer in college.
                          6 and 1 went straight to MLS Club and many more to come. Plus only 9 born in 98 so Lets see 75% + are committed to a higher level of soccer next year and that is a failure. What club is you kid at I would love to see the signings for the last week ....

Comment

6 and 1 went straight to MLS Club and many more to come. Plus only 9 born in 98 so Lets see 75% + are committed to a higher level of soccer next year and that is a failure. What club is you kid at I would love to see the signings for the last week ....
                            1 went straight to MLS team from DA that is a OC development academy product? Did not know that. Name please?

Comment

Think A lot of seniors are 99 not 98. I know that is the case in our high school. So your math might not be to good for very few signings to college.

Comment

1 went straight to MLS team from DA that is a OC development academy product? Did not know that. Name please?
                                Not the original poster, but he's referring to Pierre De Silva. Played DA, then OCB and now the MLS team. Probably signed a mega contract in the 55,000 to 65,000 range. Isn't eligible to be considered a homegrown player because he was actually developed by a club up in New York.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X