Virtual & DA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would never homeschool my kid because of soccer, unless he can make it pro and do well. I do not understand why this is so pushed on the parents... International clubs that have demonstrated extreme success at creating talent would tell you that school is always priority one. Soccer might or might not be there for you as a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Please provide the link where these facts are stated
      Every single kid I know that is homeschooled, (coming both types of kids from a normal family with a good environment), is more difficult to work with, than the kids that go to normal schools. I don't know why this is. They have a very hard time when conflict arises in social situations, or they create a lot of conflict themselves.. i am sure you cannot generalize 100 percent but overall thats what i have experienced.

Comment

You should start teaching at FVS because you are clueless. Kids have more social interaction and have less chances of becoming introverted while home schooled. The children that choose to take FVS because of other activities also perform better than traditional school children on testing and in college because they have work ethic and are self motivated. unlike the children feeding at the troth and moving with the masses.
        You can't fix ignorant stupid parents who think they know everything. Zero data to back up the home schooling, yet every time a kid comes to a school who's been home schooled is;
        1) Behind academically
        2) Has some sort of social dysfunction, too many to go through.
        3) Has been proven time and time again less successful in life skills

Too many people trying to live the dream through there child. Let them be kids and if they are good enough they will make it when they get older. No one can look at a kid at a young age and tell if they are going to be a pro or not.

Comment

What if it is the kid asking to do it?
          You are the adult , u make decisions not the snot nosed teenager !!!

Comment

Home schooling rarely works well. For every successful example there's probably ten kids that weren't. It also takes dedicated and involved parents who have a clue what they're doing. Letting a teenager be self directed in "teaching" themselves? Good lord. And you can't home school a college education. At some point the reality hits that they can't do what they want when they want and it won't be pretty. Then there's the social aspect. Navigating social situations/interactions with peers and adults? It's not easy even when you are attending school, let alone by yourself much of the day.

Comment

I would never homeschool my kid because of soccer, unless he can make it pro and do well. I do not understand why this is so pushed on the parents... International clubs that have demonstrated extreme success at creating talent would tell you that school is always priority one. Soccer might or might not be there for you as a career.
              Wrong!!! international Clubs as you call them go even further and some MLS teams have already started residential programs. That his how you build players. LIVE soccer or goodbye!!

Comment

You are the adult , u make decisions not the snot nosed teenager !!!
                Sorry I am not a fan of either side of this but my son is mature independent and if he came to me with a reasonable argument ,I would listen and come to a conclusion together. I think your child needs to blow his nose without you holding the tissue and be involved.

Comment

You can't fix ignorant stupid parents who think they know everything. Zero data to back up the home schooling, yet every time a kid comes to a school who's been home schooled is;
                  1) Behind academically
                  2) Has some sort of social dysfunction, too many to go through.
                  3) Has been proven time and time again less successful in life skills

Too many people trying to live the dream through there child. Let them be kids and if they are good enough they will make it when they get older. No one can look at a kid at a young age and tell if they are going to be a pro or not.
                  hmmmm Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Polisic, the list goes on. No one said pro anyway but if they want to spend their time in the gym on the field and watching film to be the best they can then why get in the way.

Comment

hmmmm Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Polisic, the list goes on. No one said pro anyway but if they want to spend their time in the gym on the field and watching film to be the best they can then why get in the way.
                    You are not in Spain, Argentina or Portugal and Polisic is nowhere in the same class as the former so get him off your list. These men had no choice but to devote their lives to the sport. Been to any of these places lately? No jobs and millions of youth with no future. Soccer was their way out of poverty. Most children want to spend their days kicking a ball rather than doing school work but chances are that little ball is not going to buy them groceries as adults.

Better focus on your child's education and leave soccer to fate. If your kid is the next Messi, he will be found and barring injuries, he may even make money at at it but are you willing to gamble your child's future on astronomical odds working against him?

Comment

Right on. We should apply the same thought process to our inner cities. If the kids want to spend their time on the basketball court to become pros why get in their way?

Comment

Wrong!!! international Clubs as you call them go even further and some MLS teams have already started residential programs. That his how you build players. LIVE soccer or goodbye!!
                        You must be from another country. Hard to believe that any American with even a basic understanding of the sport, would actually think that MLS is a route to soccer success. Seen our National team lately? Millions around the world would love to have the secondary educational opportunities we enjoy in this country.

Comment

Right on. We should apply the same thought process to our inner cities. If the kids want to spend their time on the basketball court to become pros why get in their way?
                          One makes it and the rest go to jail. As a Brazilian, I can tell you that it is the same in my country. For every Neymar there are thousands in gangs, dead or in jail. No education, no jobs and no future.

Comment

You should start teaching at FVS because you are clueless. Kids have more social interaction and have less chances of becoming introverted while home schooled. The children that choose to take FVS because of other activities also perform better than traditional school children on testing and in college because they have work ethic and are self motivated. unlike the children feeding at the troth and moving with the masses.
                            You are confusing FVS with true Home Schooling. Home Schooling utilizing state of the art educational tools and tutors is far superior to any public education but it takes a huge amount of time and effort on the part of the parent. The parent must also be educated in order to keep up. FVS as it is being promoted to DA players is a joke and these kids end up leaving school all together. No College, no MLS contract, nothing.

Comment

One makes it and the rest go to jail. As a Brazilian, I can tell you that it is the same in my country. For every Neymar there are thousands in gangs, dead or in jail. No education, no jobs and no future.
                              And as a European I can tell you plenty of aspiring players in Europe wind up with poor educations and prospects because they put all their eggs into going professional. They're out by 18 or 20 with little to show for it. Absolutely no way we'd risk our kids' education for doing DA and some half azzed home schooling program. Some MLS programs are starting their own academies and even if my son had such an opportunity I'd fully vet the school's academics first. World soccer stars are one in a million and my son certainly isn't one of them. If I thought he was I'd take him back to Europe anyway. DA isn't even close to international academies, but it's the best of the lot and we're stuck with it.

Comment

Feeding at "the troth"?? Let me guess, you were home-schooled, right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X