Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are that talented in W MA then you leave for Central Ma to play eventually
    based on the early results of the OP's D age group good central players will be heading west

Comment

<giggle> Spot on although you should include cfc sportsworld in that categorization as well.

Typical unintelligent drivel coming from the same individual(s), stuck at a 5th grade mentality.

The facts are that most of teams, of these three clubs, are playing in the highest divisions in MAPLE.
      As we recently seen, some of the best teams in MAPLE are at the same level as the best teams in NEP.

I know a few coaches at all the of these clubs, as well as for FC Stars-West, and Western United Pioneers. All of these clubs have some great coaches.

Mutiny tends to be Ludlow town teams playing in Maple. It is a testimony of there coaching that they play at that level with such a small pool of players.

Berkshire tends to be focused on multi-sport kids. They tend to be very athletic, but are inconsistent fielding teams each season.

Western United Poineers is the strongest club for boys, but has a good girls program as well.

FC Stars-West is the strongest club for girls, but has a good boys program as well.

GPS-West is a more of a hit or miss. The coaches that stick around are usually quite good, but some teams experience a revolving door with their coaches. Having a new coach every few weeks or so.

If you daughter is in the top 0.1% in the state, and U13 or over, then it might be worth it to travel east to an ENCL team.
      But for the vast majority, it is a huge waste of time and money.
      The quality of coaching out east is NOT any better, they just have a vastly larger pool of kids to pick from.

Comment

Typical unintelligent drivel coming from the same individual(s), stuck at a 5th grade mentality.

The facts are that most of teams, of these three clubs, are playing in the highest divisions in MAPLE.
        As we recently seen, some of the best teams in MAPLE are at the same level as the best teams in NEP.

I know a few coaches at all the of these clubs, as well as for FC Stars-West, and Western United Pioneers. All of these clubs have some great coaches.

Mutiny tends to be Ludlow town teams playing in Maple. It is a testimony of there coaching that they play at that level with such a small pool of players.

Berkshire tends to be focused on multi-sport kids. They tend to be very athletic, but are inconsistent fielding teams each season.

Western United Poineers is the strongest club for boys, but has a good girls program as well.

FC Stars-West is the strongest club for girls, but has a good boys program as well.

GPS-West is a more of a hit or miss. The coaches that stick around are usually quite good, but some teams experience a revolving door with their coaches. Having a new coach every few weeks or so.

If you daughter is in the top 0.1% in the state, and U13 or over, then it might be worth it to travel east to an ENCL team.
        The quality of coaching out east is NOT any better, they just have a vastly larger pool of kids to pick from.
        I posted the comment and it's the first I've posted in probably 6 months to the Mass board. So not the same individual. And I stand by my comments based on what I've seen in the clubs mentioned and what I've seen in the better premier clubs elsewhere in the NE region. It's like night and day. Athleticism doesn't equal good fundamental developmental soccer.

Comment

I agree with your statements except when you narrow a western mass kids talant only to the .01% to be worthy of the east soccer clubs.

Comment

I posted the comment and it's the first I've posted in probably 6 months to the Mass board. So not the same individual. And I stand by my comments based on what I've seen in the clubs mentioned and what I've seen in the better premier clubs elsewhere in the NE region. It's like night and day. Athleticism doesn't equal good fundamental developmental soccer.
            There are some good coaches in WM. The main problem is the talent is diluted. If you child is a top level player, you most likely will have to go east to find a team that is populated with top tier players.

Comment

There are some good coaches in WM. The main problem is the talent is diluted. If you child is a top level player, you most likely will have to go east to find a team that is populated with top tier players.
              I personally know of only 5 - 10 kids traveling to central and east regions
              That is a small number however the kids are great players.

Comment

Try Oakwood.

Comment

I find it to be the opposite. I think there are some talented players and not so great coaches in WM. One club in particular uses dad coaches which in my opinion spells disaster. The other club in the area has decent coaches but they are stretched thin trying to coach multiple teams. Once the kids reach u13, it starts to show compared to the teams out east who have had consistent good training all along.

To the OP, check out the clubs in the area but know that you have better options in central mass and CT.

Comment

I agree with this post. Stars west is lacking more coaches. They've got dads stepping in and coaching games. Parents aren't paying club fees for dads to coach . Kids are starting to look at ecnl

I find it to be the opposite. I think there are some talented players and not so great coaches in WM. One club in particular uses dad coaches which in my opinion spells disaster. The other club in the area has decent coaches but they are stretched thin trying to coach multiple teams. Once the kids reach u13, it starts to show compared to the teams out east who have had consistent good training all along.

To the OP, check out the clubs in the area but know that you have better options in central mass and CT.

Comment

I agree with this post. Stars west is lacking more coaches. They've got dads stepping in and coaching games. Parents aren't paying club fees for dads to coach . Kids are starting to look at ecnl

My child plays for them, U14, and if this is even true it is definitely not the norm. The practices are always well run and the coach has never missed a game yet. If your child is good enough for ecnl, they will let you know and they have a pathway to getting your child there.

Comment

Was this just a one time emergency situation, such as the coaches car breaking down on the way to a game? Please give an example if true? This has not been our experience with them, at all. They have been nothing, but professional and a well run organization. The coaches have been Great!

Comment

My child plays for them, U14, and if this is even true it is definitely not the norm. The practices are always well run and the coach has never missed a game yet. If your child is good enough for ecnl, they will let you know and they have a pathway to getting your child there.
                          U14? Wouldn't that be 03? If so and you are saying this, then you my friend are full of it and haven't been around long enough. Just ask your parents. Fed Up

Comment

U14? Wouldn't that be 03? If so and you are saying this, then you my friend are full of it and haven't been around long enough. Just ask your parents. Fed Up

Yes, an 03, and have been around quite a while. Give actual examples or you are just full of BS and trashing another club, trying to pump up your deflated ego. Give facts or go away and crawl back under your bridge you troll!

Comment

Yes, an 03, and have been around quite a while. Give actual examples or you are just full of BS and trashing another club, trying to pump up your deflated ego. Give facts or go away and crawl back under your bridge you troll!
                              Our kids are in the same team you idiot! And no I'm not full of bs but you already know that...

Are you really going to sit here and say that we haven't had parent coaches and our practices don't get cancelled

Comment

My daughter played for FC Stars West. Practices cancelled often, coach NEVER showed up to games, my daughter lost playing time depending on which parent coach we had that game. Never good driving an hour+ for a game only to see your kid sitting and the parent who was "coaching" keeping their kid in practically the whole game. Ridiculous! With that said, WUP uses parents to coach the majority of their teams and does pretty much the same thing when it comes to games. I do not agree with parents coaching at premier soccer level. What exactly are you paying so much money for?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X