Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West MA soccer clubs

We just moved to West MA area from Florida, where my u11 daughter played for a competitive soccer club. Looking for the best option for soccer clubs in this area.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We just moved to West MA area from Florida, where my u11 daughter played for a competitive soccer club. Looking for the best option for soccer clubs in this area.
    Do they use the phrase SH!t out of luck in Fla?

Comment

It's a small market out here, so the online bickering is particularly intense. Good coaches can be found at both of the large clubs out here (Stars West and Western United Pioneers) and I would encourage you to check them both out. As your daughter gets older, you may wish to consider CT clubs Oakwood for DAP or FSA or CFC for ECNL.

Comment

There isn't a club worth belonging to in western MA. Either go west to Albany or South to Connecticut or east to either Stars or NEFC.

Comment

Stars West is hands down the best girls program in Western Mass. Depending on where you live you could look at NEFC or Stars Central in the Worcester area. Of course if you are really desperate and hate all the "local options" you can cross the border to CFC, Oakwood, or FSA but I believe there is quality coaching and players in the Springfield area. I suppose you could use the NEP standings as a guide if you are results driven.. Stars, NEFC, and Western lead the way in the "top" division.

then again its u11, pick a good coach within a local club with good teammates. You will find that in Western Mass without the driving

Comment

Stars West is hands down the best girls program in Western Mass. Depending on where you live you could look at NEFC or Stars Central in the Worcester area. Of course if you are really desperate and hate all the "local options" you can cross the border to CFC, Oakwood, or FSA but I believe there is quality coaching and players in the Springfield area. I suppose you could use the NEP standings as a guide if you are results driven.. Stars, NEFC, and Western lead the way in the "top" division.

then again its u11, pick a good coach within a local club with good teammates. You will find that in Western Mass without the driving
            No you won't

Comment

Many are driving to central mass to various clubs.

Comment

No you won't
                you will, don't let eastern Mass haters tell you otherwise. Eastern Mass doesn't have any magic soccer formula, its about the coach and team. plenty of choices within 45 minute drive, if you and your D can't find a quality, comfortable program then its more a you problem. Plenty of options

Comment

Many are driving to central mass to various clubs.
                  guess it depends on what you consider "western" If you live in Boston you think West is Framingham.

Comment

What was the name of your daughter's club team in Florida?

Comment

There is some great soccer in Western Mass. Realistically it all depends where in Western Mass you are moving to. If you are closer to Palmer, I'd consider FC Stars-Central, if near greater Springfield I'd choose FC Stars-West first, Western United Pioneers a good second, and GPS-West a distant third, if you are out near Pittsfield you could look at GPS-Stateline or Soccer Domain Academy. If near the Enfield, CT border CFC-Sports World is an option. There is also FC Mutiny, Berkshire FC and PV Storm in Maple.

Comment

There is some great soccer in Western Mass. Realistically it all depends where in Western Mass you are moving to. If you are closer to Palmer, I'd consider FC Stars-Central, if near greater Springfield I'd choose FC Stars-West first, Western United Pioneers a good second, and GPS-West a distant third, if you are out near Pittsfield you could look at GPS-Stateline or Soccer Domain Academy. If near the Enfield, CT border CFC-Sports World is an option. There is also FC Mutiny, Berkshire FC and PV Storm in Maple.
                        Or kick the ball against the garage door vs. the last 3 clubs mentioned.

Comment

At U11 stay close. Plenty of time to make make long commutes later on if talent and interest are there. Stars West is best bet in area. Western United okay.

Comment

Or kick the ball against the garage door vs. the last 3 clubs mentioned.

While none of them have teams in all age groups, most of their teams are very well coached. All three clubs mentioned have teams that could play competitively in NEP with one or two of their teams at the same level of play as teams in NPL. Last season they were beating those MAPLE teams that are now doing very well in NEP.

Comment

MUTINY coaches ( SEND IT) are god awful, might as well take up chasing rabbits.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X