Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The GPS Way"

What if I told you they had an inter-squad tournament last weekend and handed out over 25,000 GotSoccer points in the top divisions alone, and only GPS teams made the finals in every bracket. That's 25,000+ points, AFTER the typical 20% rule applied by GS.

This is proof positive that GPS is masterminding a GotSoccer point Ponzi scheme to feed their propaganda machine.

Should GS allow a tournament that is populated by over 80% of one club's teams to dole out a potential total of 35,112 points?

I don't begrudge the kids anything. I'm sure they played their hearts out for the right reasons, not GotSoccer points. I take issue with the big business machine that is GPS.

If it was really about the soccer they wouldn't need GotSoccer for these scrimmages.

the only sad part is that you took the time to write this. Everyone knows GPS cheats, parents still join their club way more than yours i'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What if I told you they had an inter-squad tournament last weekend and handed out over 25,000 GotSoccer points in the top divisions alone, and only GPS teams made the finals in every bracket. That's 25,000+ points, AFTER the typical 20% rule applied by GS.

This is proof positive that GPS is masterminding a GotSoccer point Ponzi scheme to feed their propaganda machine.

Should GS allow a tournament that is populated by over 80% of one club's teams to dole out a potential total of 35,112 points?

I don't begrudge the kids anything. I'm sure they played their hearts out for the right reasons, not GotSoccer points. I take issue with the big business machine that is GPS.

If it was really about the soccer they wouldn't need GotSoccer for these scrimmages.
      Good thing no other club hosts their own tournaments throughout the year, filled mostly with their own teams because other clubs choose to play elsewhere that weekend.

Comment

Good thing no other club hosts their own tournaments throughout the year, filled mostly with their own teams because other clubs choose to play elsewhere that weekend.
        Exactly! Look at the FC Stars Tournament last weekend. Can you believe they had 58 teams entered!!!!

58 Stars teams out of 316 total teams = 18.4% Stars

176 GPS teams out of 215 total teams = 81.9% GPS

Next.

Comment

GPS teams should be forced to play only NJ teams for a year. No matter who wins, deduct 300 from both teams and randomly give those GS point to a more deserving team from TX or CA.

Comment

This is all new to me this year. Can someone tell me the significance of Got Soccer points? What do you get for them?

Comment

Next? Okay...

Exactly! Look at the FC Stars Tournament last weekend. Can you believe they had 58 teams entered!!!!

58 Stars teams out of 316 total teams = 18.4% Stars

176 GPS teams out of 215 total teams = 81.9% GPS

Next.
              Good thing those are the only two tournaments that clubs host throughout the year...

Comment

This is all new to me this year. Can someone tell me the significance of Got Soccer points? What do you get for them?
                It helps your team get into more prestigious tournaments elsewhere. It also gives parents a cheap way to feel good about how swell their kid's team is in relation to other clubs in your state/region/country.

Comment

Sadly, the joke is mainly on GPS and their legions of paying customers. GS points are virtually meaningless in today's club soccer landscape.

Comment

Good thing those are the only two tournaments that clubs host throughout the year...
                    Find me another tournament run by a club in MA that doles out 35000+ GS points and is populated by more than 80% of their own teams.

I won't even specify that you find one where ONLY their teams make the finals in every top bracket because that just wouldn't be fair.

Ready, set, go!

I'll wait.

Comment

Sadly, the joke is mainly on GPS and their legions of paying customers. GS points are virtually meaningless in today's club soccer landscape.
                      Not if you want to part parents from their $$$.

Comment

Find me another tournament run by a club in MA that doles out 35000+ GS points and is populated by more than 80% of their own teams.

I won't even specify that you find one where ONLY their teams make the finals in every top bracket because that just wouldn't be fair.

Ready, set, go!

I'll wait.
                        First, I am going to let you in on a little secret in this pay to play model. Are you ready? It has almost nothing to do with GS points. It has more to do with the money that the club takes in from customers and can KEEP in the club, rather than pay it out to another club.

Second, Are you implying that other large clubs do not flood their own tournaments with as many of their own teams as they can (yes, I am implying that these clubs would also be doing it primarily for financial gain)? I am not judging these practices as good or bad, just pointing out that they are running a business.

Third, GPS just has more teams. I am talking quantity. A better way to look at "stacking tournaments" for GS points (or $$) would be to look at the percentage of teams clubs place in their own tournaments.

Comment

You are aware that GS points are based on the teams entered into the event, not what a club wants the points to be! You do realize your club could have entered the GPS event but chose something different. Why bitch?

Comment

I have to laugh at some polls in this forum. GPS does not assign GS points, nor do they stack tournaments for the purpose of point accumulation. From a business sense, why pay Stars entry fee when you can play good competition within your club and keep the funds in the club. As a business it makes sense, as a parent it could get old not playing other teams in events, but teams are free to travel to tournamnets if they want.

Comment

First, I am going to let you in on a little secret in this pay to play model. Are you ready? It has almost nothing to do with GS points. It has more to do with the money that the club takes in from customers and can KEEP in the club, rather than pay it out to another club.

Second, Are you implying that other large clubs do not flood their own tournaments with as many of their own teams as they can (yes, I am implying that these clubs would also be doing it primarily for financial gain)? I am not judging these practices as good or bad, just pointing out that they are running a business.

Third, GPS just has more teams. I am talking quantity. A better way to look at "stacking tournaments" for GS points (or $$) would be to look at the percentage of teams clubs place in their own tournaments.
                              This is correct. It has absolutely nothing to do with points--GPS does not care about them, and if they did, there are much better and more efficient ways to chase them. This is really about keeping the $$ in house. GPS has many, many teams from all over the region. If they were to send them all to Stars or NEFC or some other club's tourney, they would be handing huge sums to their competition. Why do that when you have enough teams throughout the region to field a reasonably competitive intra-club tournament? Especially for pre-season, when teams are just getting organized and nothing is at stake. Seems like a smart move to me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X