Nepotism running rampant at the Revs Academy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is dap going to do anything about this? Or is tony lepore a part of this corruption? For Tony to ignore this makes him just as dirty as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Actually my kids on the team. The team is not only worse now but feel I sorry for the players who really deserve a spot
      Word.
      GH knows who butters his bread. Eventually they will be played.

Comment

If DAP has ANY integrity they would not allow this to happen or they should penalize the revs big time. As long as dap turns a blind eye nothing will change. Two deserving players lost their spot. And many more all over the dap landscape

Comment

The Revolution is the same organization that actually gave a guy named Tony Frias a spot on the full Revs roster because of ties between the Kraft family and the Frias family. Why would this kind of thing surprise anyone?

Comment

While I am not saying that nepotism is not in play here, I do ask the question....
            'what does it matter?' These two will be in the bottom part of the roster of 23. Their presence should not impact on any of the higher quality kids nor should it affect the Revs season.

Comment

This should surprise no one. This is why Burns hired his college roommate (Scales) to run the Academy in the first place. Both of these kids already have their foots in the door on the national level as well. They will also somehow manage to end up on top 25 college rosters some 5 years down the road...

Comment

Sour. Grapes. If your kid was good enough you wouldn't be sitting around and complaining.
                Sour grapes? Those two certainly are not the best in their age groups buddy, have seen them play many times. You're an idiot who completely misses the obvious point. Can you be another Revs kiss ass parent?

Comment

This should surprise no one. This is why Burns hired his college roommate (Scales) to run the Academy in the first place. Both of these kids already have their foots in the door on the national level as well. They will also somehow manage to end up on top 25 college rosters some 5 years down the road...
                  That is precisely why the national program sucks and American soccer sucks. All, who you know bull****!! Those two kids are not players at all.

Comment

Sour grapes? Those two certainly are not the best in their age groups buddy, have seen them play many times. You're an idiot who completely misses the obvious point. Can you be another Revs kiss ass parent?
                    Who did they play for? Let me guess. Gps blackwatch. Everyone knows GH has long ties with these clubs. Jolly ol English boys club.

Comment

That is precisely why the national program sucks and American soccer sucks. All, who you know bull****!! Those two kids are not players at all.
                      Exactly, these kids have been at all the RTCs from the beginning and showing up at the national training centers as well. Scales' kids went to everything....traveled with the team and practiced with them..."just for fun". His kid isn't even on a club team, but surprisingly he is good enough to make the premiere team in New England???? Is it possible, of course. Is it likely...hell no!

Comment

While I am not saying that nepotism is not in play here, I do ask the question....
                        'what does it matter?' These two will be in the bottom part of the roster of 23. Their presence should not impact on any of the higher quality kids nor should it affect the Revs season.
                        It matters on so many levels:

1) They didn't earn it. Two deserving players don't get to join the revs.

2) The training intensity and level drops because of much weaker players- so the better players don't get great training.

3) You think they won't get significant game time? Burns and Scales will see to it that they do. So it will negatively affect the level of the game (for both teams), lower team chemistry and player spirit

4)Lots of respect lost for the Revs academy and these boys must feel a little guilt.

5) Corruption is the enemy of development.

Comment

also only 17 on the roster- so the impact will be felt

Comment

It would surprise me if the two players were not put on the team. Both have been training off and on with the team for two and their parents would be fools not to get them into the very program they manage. I would sign my son up in a heart beat and so would the rest of you so give it a rest and enjoy the ride and all the good soccer ahead.

Comment

also only 17 on the roster- so the impact will be felt
                              6 more of the 14's listed on the 16's roster. the number is 23

Comment

It would surprise me if the two players were not put on the team. Both have been training off and on with the team for two and their parents would be fools not to get them into the very program they manage. I would sign my son up in a heart beat and so would the rest of you so give it a rest and enjoy the ride and all the good soccer ahead.

The problem is exactly what you stated...would your son or my son would have been able to "work out" with this team for the last two years? Just because they wanted to? Two years they have been an unofficial part of this team and they still aren't quality enough to be on it. What does that tell you? Manufacturing a player is wrong. There are two qualified players who missed out because these kids were penciled in two years ago....regardless of talent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X