Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't put too much value in TDS standout players...they only watched certain games, and just catch some from what we know. Their ratings system is all over the board and have young player rating so much higher than older ones. High school players rated higher than DA starters.
    They actually watch a lot of games. Well respected from what I hear. They are pretty tough evaluators and are one of the few talent scouting organizations outside the political fray. They can be brutal though as evident in their post US MNT game player evals.

Comment

They actually watch a lot of games. Well respected from what I hear. They are pretty tough evaluators and are one of the few talent scouting organizations outside the political fray. They can be brutal though as evident in their post US MNT game player evals.
      Ah no. Even if they have some good evaluators their ability to evaluate a broad spectrum of players is limited. It would be great to have a big non club based system

Comment

If a lot more players had access to the training that the few NT players have be given since they were in diapers, and if the DA curriculum was at the same rigor across all academy teams, US would dominate on the world stage with the number of players in the system. But now, training is all of the board and curriculum left way too much up to Directors who's talent is all of the board, and ego too.
        1) need other good players to train with
        2) need more than 4 hours/week to train
        3) need coaches who not only understand the game, but care about each player's development

The Revs have number 1, but there will never be domination by the USA if 2 and 3 aren't met by every academy.

Comment

And that makes them qualified to be scouts how? I know lots of people who can be brutal in their criticism of the MNT, but I wouldn't want them to be in charge of choosing the adolescents who will be representing our country internationally and will be the future of American soccer. We should be bringing over staff from academies in Europe with a proven track record of developing young players once or twice a year to evaluate kids at NTCs.

Comment

And that makes them qualified to be scouts how? I know lots of people who can be brutal in their criticism of the MNT, but I wouldn't want them to be in charge of choosing the adolescents who will be representing our country internationally and will be the future of American soccer. We should be bringing over staff from academies in Europe with a proven track record of developing young players once or twice a year to evaluate kids at NTCs.
            Sure. Have failures from Europe come teach our kids. (Because who else would leave a European program to come here?)

The problem, at least at our local Academy's, is not enough training and the wrong training.

An accent isn't going to change that. Many current, local teams are proof.

Comment

Ah the "lets bring in the Europeans" idea . How novel! Nah lets just have mr middle school guidance counselor Tomy LePore and his buddies run the show.

Comment

Sure. Have failures from Europe come teach our kids. (Because who else would leave a European program to come here?)

The problem, at least at our local Academy's, is not enough training and the wrong training.

An accent isn't going to change that. Many current, local teams are proof.
                Yes our training isn't lifting up to international standards. But that doesn't mean all so called "failures" don't know what they're doing. Failed European academy players are coming here and taking prime college spots. They're most times better trained, disciplined and skilled than our DA players.

Comment

Size matters

Germany vs Mexico

Comment

I can't watch right now. Score?

Comment

Are u kidding me?

Wait, the Revs didn't give him a waiver?? Classic.
                      Several boys in D4 U16 have reported seeing this particular academy player on the practice fields this week. Why on earth would he play one month of district soccer? Players have told me he disrupts chemistry with selfish play and lack of respect for team mates. Why would he risk injury, especially if he's heading to the ISL.

Comment

I can't watch right now. Score?
                        2-0 Germany

Comment

Several boys in D4 U16 have reported seeing this particular academy player on the practice fields this week. Why on earth would he play one month of district soccer? Players have told me he disrupts chemistry with selfish play and lack of respect for team mates. Why would he risk injury, especially if he's heading to the ISL.
                          Hold up a second, selfish play at practice? practice? practice? Tell those boys in D4 to stop whining, being in awe, and just play the game. In regards to playing summer soccer, he can play wherever he chooses while I agree he's risking injury playing with hacks.

Comment

MB bad boy sightings on the rise.

Comment

2-0 Germany
                              3-0 great goal

Comment

3-0 great goal
                                some of us are recording the game. thanks for the spoiler

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X