Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what colleges are showing significant interest in your kid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interesting article in so much as the author went to an Ivy and recruited for an Ivy. That being said, sounded like like he had a bit of axe to grind. You enjoy all the privileges of being part of the "Elitist System" and yet when you are in the perfect place to do something about it.....ADMISSIONS.....you don't speak up. Guarantee he is no longer at Yale. Just sayin....
    not the poster but a good read. Staid institutions like that are always welcome to change or suggestions. He may have tried but was shot down. Anyway, good things to think about. Good fit is so important and with that, knowing your own children and what environments will be good for them.

Comment

not the poster but a good read. Staid institutions like that are always welcome to change or suggestions. He may have tried but was shot down. Anyway, good things to think about. Good fit is so important and with that, knowing your own children and what environments will be good for them.
      Perhaps he tried but I am guessing not as he would have mentioned it as he sermonized the downfall of thinking in our high standard institutions. At least he did point out that athletes get a little bump in the process and I did appreciate the read.

Comment

Perhaps he tried but I am guessing not as he would have mentioned it as he sermonized the downfall of thinking in our high standard institutions. At least he did point out that athletes get a little bump in the process and I did appreciate the read.

Well, any Div 1 pro player automatically qualifies to take the B license exam so maybe....

Comment

Yale , Harvard , Stanford

Comment

For you elitists out there, stay off the thread if you're going to be negative.
            My son's drawing interest from Faber College, but I know there's an additional scholarship available at Emily Dickinson after the tragic death of Fawn Liebowitz.

Comment

My son's drawing interest from Faber College, but I know there's an additional scholarship available at Emily Dickinson after the tragic death of Fawn Liebowitz.
              Tell your son to find her friends. They are very simpathetic.

Comment

Mind if we dance with your dates?

Comment

Mind if we dance with your dates?
                  "Otis, my man!"

Comment

MIT, CalTech and Michigan for engineering. Adding on the resume tha he was a travel soccer player for 9 years was very well received and made a difference for his admission. School officials could not care less if his play level was DA or D2 (he is actually D2). His team won several D2 local tournaments during his soccer career and that was enough. Most of his school will be paid on merit scholarships. Competitive soccer did make a difference to help him focus and compete in life, while maintaining life balance.

Comment

Richard Mallion is this you ?
                      Shut up or I'll kick your *****

Comment

MIT, CalTech and Michigan for engineering. Adding on the resume tha he was a travel soccer player for 9 years was very well received and made a difference for his admission. School officials could not care less if his play level was DA or D2 (he is actually D2). His team won several D2 local tournaments during his soccer career and that was enough. Most of his school will be paid on merit scholarships. Competitive soccer did make a difference to help him focus and compete in life, while maintaining life balance.
                        This is the way to go for kids with strong academics. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Having good grades can often be the difference maker in one player getting an offer over another. Keep up your grades, take challenging classes, prepare for the SAT, do meaningful extracurriculars and volunteer work. All of that will get you into more doors with or without soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X