• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2073956]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fighting for division title

CMass: Westborough and Wachusett

Wachusett? Are you joking? Your team was terrible last year. We beat you twice. Barely made it into the playoffs. Best player was a fast white midfielder who plays outside. Striker has no skill couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. The midfielders are small and play way to slow. One kid uses one move and falls over without any contact or gives the ball away like the rest of the team. Centerback is dirty and gets cards. Should be playing football. They will have another long season like last year.
    You beat them twice in season, but you lost to them when it matters in the playoffs.

Team is loaded with seniors this year. Will be better than last year.

Comment

Braintree will roll over

got their best team ever - team that won Maple 1 for Commonwealth - much stronger than last year.

Comment

sorry, but who is Commonwealth ?

Comment

How much is Nauset returning. And is there anyway they play anybody of note before the sectional finals?
          Nauset returns a ton but loses an All American and Gatorade Player of the Year and a top CF. Believe they play Pembroke again late in the year (1-0 last year).

Comment

Nauset returns a ton but loses an All American and Gatorade Player of the Year and a top CF. Believe they play Pembroke again late in the year (1-0 last year).
            where is he going to college?

Comment

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h..._standout_jake

Comment

are the high school summer league schedules and results posted somewhere? Tried looking on MIAA but couldn't find anything.

Comment

are the high school summer league schedules and results posted somewhere? Tried looking on MIAA but couldn't find anything.
                  I doubt it. This stuff is really informal. Not that it will stop people from posting the results here and acting like it means something

Comment

They have an abundance of returning sophomores and juniors, including JM and a couple of other league all-stars. They only loss a handful of seniors of their 24 man roster. No reason why they can't be just as dominant this year.

Comment

where is he going to college?
                      The freedom of speech denying hellhole known as Middlebury in Vermont.

Didn't get to see the kid play but obviously couldn't be too special if that is where he ended up. And save the academic crap. There are plenty of elite academic schools with much better soccer programs than this sad excuse for a school.

What a shame and waste of brains and athletic ability.

My deepest apologies if the young man is actually in favor of free speech and has the lofty goal of transforming the spoiled, drug addled, snowflake minds at Middlebury.

Comment

Classic TS a-hole denigrating a teenager's choice in schools. If he and his family are happy with the choice why the fu*k does it matter to you? Oh yeah, it doesn't. You just like to criticize other people to feel better about yourself and your offspring.

Comment

Typo

Nice article...twice.
                          The article repeats itself......

Good player. Kids should go where they are going to best combine their goals. I would have been interested to see if this division 2 high school player could have played division 1, but sometimes academics may trump sports.....
                          Not that it is my business, however, I would be curious to know how he chose division 3 middlebury over some of the other strong academic division 3 programs with far better soccer teams. Perhaps mom and dad are alum...

Comment

Nice article...twice.
                            The article repeats itself......

Good player. Kids should go where they are going to best combine their goals. I would have been interested to see if this division 2 high school player could have played division 1, but sometimes academics may trump sports.....
                            Not that it is my business, however, I would be curious to know how he chose division 3 middlebury over some of the other strong academic division 3 programs with far better soccer teams. Perhaps mom and dad are alum...
                            Nice backhanded dig at the kid. Who really cares what you think!

Comment

2nd poster in two hours to take a dig at the kid. If kids/families are happy that is what it's about, not some pompous windbag's assessment of the school or the soccer.

Comment

Not a dig at all.

My son chose a D3 school for academic reasons and a wanting to play instead of potentially sitting and waiting. I know of several All American athletes who were stars in high school who then went on to ride the bench or, ultimately, not play at all in college.

I applaud decisions based on reasons beyond the sport. There are many reasons why an athlete won't be playing a sport beyond their freshman year....

While yes, it is none of my business, but I was just curious to know why Middlebury and not Amherst or Tufts, or for that matter why not one of the stellar D1 academic programs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X