Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is Liverpool Academy back in NEP? They were a NE NPL club this past year. Did they relegate themselves back or is this a mistake. Yankee and Aztec still in and ranked lower in standings in the Spring. Any info?
    It depends on the age group. Some of their top teams had been promoted into the NPL, and are still there, but they are not an NPL licensed team like Yankee an Aztec whose top teams are all there. Liverpool International can only get there by being promoted from NEP.

Comment

When are the groupings posted that show where the teams are slotted for the upcoming season?

Comment

When are the groupings posted that show where the teams are slotted for the upcoming season?
        This is for next year, with maybe a few mergers swallowing a few NSL clubs.

Comment

I am intrigued as to how exactly people are going to determine whether GDA>ECNL or vice versa.

Any way you slice it , the ECNL will serve the same purpose it has and probably to a wider audience. The elite kid never needed the ECNL or its games. If some of them move to GDA, it will create room for other players who may well need the exposure the ECNL provides.

The ECNL can no longer lay claim to having the majority of the best individual players, but as mentioned above, dont think that really changes much except marketing. I believe YNTs will be dominated by GDA kids almost immediately and more so over time, simply because the USSF will have far more data point on them - every game is filmed and scouts will attend a high percentage of them.

There are going to be good and bad teams in both leagues, but I think people need to get away from the "which league is best" argument and focus on which league is best for my kid.

Comment

I am intrigued as to how exactly people are going to determine whether GDA>ECNL or vice versa.

Any way you slice it , the ECNL will serve the same purpose it has and probably to a wider audience. The elite kid never needed the ECNL or its games. If some of them move to GDA, it will create room for other players who may well need the exposure the ECNL provides.

The ECNL can no longer lay claim to having the majority of the best individual players, but as mentioned above, dont think that really changes much except marketing. I believe YNTs will be dominated by GDA kids almost immediately and more so over time, simply because the USSF will have far more data point on them - every game is filmed and scouts will attend a high percentage of them.

There are going to be good and bad teams in both leagues, but I think people need to get away from the "which league is best" argument and focus on which league is best for my kid.
            I think you're right about where this likely lands (although the ECNL supporters would disagree), but the result you describe = GDA>ECNL. More YNT=top league/more "elite"=winner. ECNL "watered down" with "kids who need exposure."

Comment

I think you're right about where this likely lands (although the ECNL supporters would disagree), but the result you describe = GDA>ECNL. More YNT=top league/more "elite"=winner. ECNL "watered down" with "kids who need exposure."
              But does it? There will be weak kids in the GDA as well. There will be ECNL teams that can beat GDA teams. So it depends who you want to define it.

For me, i only care about whats best for my kid and for her GDA is it. But i can see how that would not be the case for many. I see some of the kids she is going to be playing with and wonder why they are not staying in the ECNL ? They would certainly benefit from more reps and competitive game minutes in a league where they can play with confidence instead of either waiting to get into games or looking to the sidelines for the hook.

The extra practice may be worth it, but i see many many kids who draw confidence and the desire to work harder from the game day experiences. Not playing will certainly impact motivation.

Comment

The way I see it, I think the hierarchy of leagues is based on two main criteria... where are The clubs first teams, second teams, third teams etc. etc., and if every team in one league played every team in another league, which league teams would have the highest winning percentage overall. We all know there are strong teams in every league that can beat/play with teams in a so called higher league, but overall the percentages of stronger teams will lie in the higher league.

But in the end it is about where your kid fits best, and what works best for your family dynamics/circumstances. Find the team, and worry less about the league.

Comment

You all seem to gloss over the fact that the DA has a very different focus than the ECNL does. That additional training load combined with a natural increase in intensity along greater structure will definitely result in a better player than those who stay in the ECNL. For every action there is a r action and all. That will send shockwaves though all of this because no paranoid soccer parent is going to want their kid left behind.

Comment

That additional training load combined with a natural increase in intensity along greater structure will definitely result in a better player than those who stay in the ECNL.
                    I'm not holding my breath.

A bunch of ECNL and NPL clubs moving their coaches and teams to a new league and slapping a DAP patch on their uniforms doesn't seem like a game changer to me.

Comment

I'm not holding my breath.

A bunch of ECNL and NPL clubs moving their coaches and teams to a new league and slapping a DAP patch on their uniforms doesn't seem like a game changer to me.
                      For me either. Nor do I think there's as many parents "worried about being left behind" than the poster above does. There's more opportunities for women's college soccer and the focus is college, not a pro track. If GDA eventually does claw it's way to the top it will be a 2-4 year slog. It won't be the overnight shift BDA was when first introduced. Unfortunately for USSF all eyes will be on the league and if it isn't a hit out of the gate that will reinforce people's already low expectations

Comment

Stupid people like you two come off as seem to think work rate means nothing and that your little studlets are just going to wow a whole bunch of college coaches without putting any work in. Either that or you have no freaking idea what the DA is all about. It was probably one of you two bitching and moaning about the 5 day a week 10 month long training schedule that prevents kids from participating in high school soccer. No one is doing that nowadays so it is rather amusing how little respect you both have for what it takes the be a true high level player

Comment

So when do the schedules get announced?

Comment

Looks like schedule is out.....

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...partialGames=0

Comment

Thank you.
                              How about those teams below this level.

Comment

Stupid people like you two come off as seem to think work rate means nothing and that your little studlets are just going to wow a whole bunch of college coaches without putting any work in. Either that or you have no freaking idea what the DA is all about. It was probably one of you two bitching and moaning about the 5 day a week 10 month long training schedule that prevents kids from participating in high school soccer. No one is doing that nowadays so it is rather amusing how little respect you both have for what it takes the be a true high level player
                                Someone drank the Kool-Aid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X