Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Liverpool FSC from Rhody or something?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Liverpool FSC from Rhody or something?

Their parents are some of the biggest sideline jackasses I've ever seen, and usually I reserve the worst sideline parents for the Rhode Island'ers (NEFC SC, Bayside, Strikers, Bruno, Lusitana, etc). All the classic traits on display:
    - yelling instructions to kid
    - yelling instructions to kid's teammates
    - changing game-viewing position to be "in-line" with kid on field entire game
    - bad-mouthing own coach for not putting kids in best positions
    - bad-mouthing opposing coach for not teaching kids how to play "the right way"
    - "send it... Send It... SENNNNNNNNND IT...!"
    - yelling about 15 or 16 year old kid ref
    - yelling AT 15 or 16 year old kid ref
    - yelling about opposing player
    - yelling AT opposing player
    - calling out opposing player by number
    - telling kid to retaliate at opposing player

Let's see... what did I miss? I think that was enough for one game. Oh yeah, and that was the MOMs!!!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Their parents are some of the biggest sideline jackasses I've ever seen, and usually I reserve the worst sideline parents for the Rhode Island'ers (NEFC SC, Bayside, Strikers, Bruno, Lusitana, etc). All the classic traits on display:

Let's see... what did I miss? I think that was enough for one game. Oh yeah, and that was the MOMs!!!
    Where the moms hot? If so they can't be from Rhody

Comment

The parents are red necks from central mass. Nothing to do with rhody.Not all patents can be as high class as the ones from eastern mass.

Comment

Liverpool. Have not heard of that club in years.... and way back when they were exactly as you describe. I would add yelling at opposing parents too the list.

Comment

Liverpool. Have not heard of that club in years.... and way back when they were exactly as you describe. I would add yelling at opposing parents too the list.
          so my son played them last year at his age level (u10) in a labor day tourney, and i saw one or two parents doing one or two of the things you mentioned, but I saw much worse last year than them. They didnt say things about our players or coaches at all, and I was sitting right next to them. Yeah there were one or two that yelled the usual nonsense, but nothing crazy. Perhaps they just need a little training to get really obnoxious

Comment

Glad to see all our training is paying off.
            But this post smells of fear mongering as Liverpool continues to grow and thrive as a club.
            A rival club posting, perhaps?

Comment

well we played them last year and they weren't even close to some of the worst...the worst i ever saw is on your list, and thats Bruno...and as bad as the parents were, the coach was ten times worse of a tool. Liverpool was tame compared to those guys. But yeah, the hot moms are definitely not on the RI teams. I say south shore of MA is best I have seen...Galway, Harvest, PTUSA

Comment

Liverpool

Rising U15 girls parents (and players) have also been known to travel to away games on buses so the parents can drink before, during and after games... They also drink on the sidelines while their darling daughters are playing. They also don't shy away from coming onto the opposing parents sideline to yell/talk to the opposing players while they are playing... Pretty bad behavior all around!

Comment

Rising U15 girls parents (and players) have also been known to travel to away games on buses so the parents can drink before, during and after games... They also drink on the sidelines while their darling daughters are playing. They also don't shy away from coming onto the opposing parents sideline to yell/talk to the opposing players while they are playing... Pretty bad behavior all around!
                  Players drink, coaches drink, parents drink, ref drinks, bus driver drinks
                  They love the 9:00 am game starts

They think they're from Liverpool or something.

Comment

Drinking at games: Yes this is indeed sadly true about that team (rising U15 G) team regarding a couple of parents on a few occasions...

Comment

Did you run out of room on your clipboard checklist?

Comment

We had the pleasure of driving to the middle of nowhere in NE CT to watch my son's team play against a Liverpool club. This was 2 years ago and I still remember all of the above being on display. What a nasty group of parents.

I'll add one more, toward the end of the match the Liverpool team scored to tie with about 5 mins left. On a counter attack by my sons team, their was a pass made to the outside that rolled out of bounds. A Liverpool parent then booted the ball as hard as they could in the opposite direction of the field to kill time. He then started laughing at his genius.
                        A few parents from our team then moved down to that side of the field every 10 yards or so to prevent that nonsense. Our boys scored eventually to win the match and it was a long nervous walk back to our vehicles.
                        I guess things haven't changed much. Stay classy Liverpool.

Comment

Have to love these forums. These kinds of threads typically get started when other clubs become envious of the growth in both size and quality of a rival club - so they resort to snide sarcasm and outright lies to tear these clubs down. Gotta love Internet courage~

Comment

Have to love these forums. These kinds of threads typically get started when other clubs become envious of the growth in both size and quality of a rival club - so they resort to snide sarcasm and outright lies to tear these clubs down. Gotta love Internet courage~
                            Nice try. How does one 'tear down' a club that's mediocre at best.

To the OP -- BRILLIANT! So on point.

Comment

Sorry, no, it actually is true about the parental drinking for the U15 G

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X