"The Cup"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a cup competition in which teams from all leagues could play and you get trashed.
    Winning a national championship you get trashed.
    Lose in the ECNL final you get trashed.
    Lose 1 game in 2 years you get trashed.

Mass-holes are the worst collection of sports people on the planet!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Create a cup competition in which teams from all leagues could play and you get trashed.
      Winning a national championship you get trashed.
      Lose in the ECNL final you get trashed.
      Lose 1 game in 2 years you get trashed.

Mass-holes are the worst collection of sports people on the planet!

brought to you live from a parent of an NEFC U15 G player. You sound as if you are still hurting from losing the one game......oops....I mean you as the parent of course.
      This is how sports are. Red Sox go an entire season in first please until the final day at which time the Yankees move into first and go to the post-season. Do you really think that the fans remember how well the sox played in the season or only that there was no post season?

Comment

Oh my god, that cut so deep. Honestly I don't know how I will recover. I mean I have so little going on in my life that I care, I mean really care, about which meaningless soccer league my kid plays in. For the record my kid plays in a club that is in the NEP, I am just not so mindlessly insecure that I have trash on a league that is perhaps not as well run (IMHO) but who contains plenty of good players and teams.

If your kid isn't very good then you brag about your team, if your sub-par kid isn't even on a good team then I guess all you have left is to brag about your league.
        Deep enough for you to fight back like a nerdy dad.

Comment

"The Cup" - Slogan: "All that talk about development is B.S.! This is truly about winning! One and done! Last team standing."

Comment

Outside of the two teams in question who cares.

I think that NEP is a stronger league particularly on the girls side but honestly your point is stupid point. Objectively stupid. Just want to make this clear, if you think that a game, in a summer tournament, between two teams says anything about the relative strengths of two league leagues these teams are in, then you are stupid. I really can't say stupid enough to describe you and your point.

Stupid.
            Beautiful post - thanks for the chuckle. I have to agree with you as well. Stupid!

Comment

Beautiful post - thanks for the chuckle. I have to agree with you as well. Stupid!
              The losing coach sure didn't act like he thought the game was stupid when he lost.

Comment

Nobody cares about this tournament, and nobody's going to play in it.

Comment

Why would any team sign up for this? You pay $200 and get nothing for it. The teams are responsible for securing fields and paying for them. The teams are responsible for securing referees and paying for them. What exactly do you get for your $200?

Comment

A receipt for $200

Comment

Why would any team sign up for this? You pay $200 and get nothing for it. The teams are responsible for securing fields and paying for them. The teams are responsible for securing referees and paying for them. What exactly do you get for your $200?
                      The "Cup"

Comment

The "Cup"
                        Red Solo

Comment

Red Solo
                          Great for beer pong!!

Comment

Great for beer pong!!
                            Hope Solo would likely agree. Maybe a new endorsement deal for her?

Comment

"The Cup" - Slogan: "All that talk about development is B.S.! This is truly about winning! One and done! Last team standing."
                              Everyone does not get or deserve a trophy and ice cream at the end of the day. Maybe society would be better off if kids learned how to deal with a repeated challenge. Instead mommy and daddy spend hours on here bashing anyone who thinks differently than them. I expect the backlash. Bring it on.

Comment

Everyone does not get or deserve a trophy and ice cream at the end of the day. Maybe society would be better off if kids learned how to deal with a repeated challenge. Instead mommy and daddy spend hours on here bashing anyone who thinks differently than them. I expect the backlash. Bring it on.
                                Nobody is going to buy into this ridiculous tournament. Please!! Cries desperation. Poor dying club!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X