Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS NPL u13 and u15 boys win nationals!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS NPL u13 and u15 boys win nationals!!

Best in the country!! Congrats boys!!

http://www.gps-massachusetts.com/new...rer_id=1990675

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Best in the country!! Congrats boys!!

http://www.gps-massachusetts.com/new...rer_id=1990675
    GPS Hype Machine: "GPS would like to congratulate the U13 and U15 NPL boys who were crowned National Champions "

Riiiight..... National Champions at a 2nd rate "fall-back" tournament after the same U15 GPL NPL team got killed (U13 didn't even qualify) in the REAL Nationals 4-0, 5-1 and 1-0 in all three games

Comment

GPS Hype Machine: "GPS would like to congratulate the U13 and U15 NPL boys who were crowned National Champions "

Riiiight..... National Champions at a 2nd rate "fall-back" tournament after the same U15 GPL NPL team got killed (U13 didn't even qualify) in the REAL Nationals 4-0, 5-1 and 1-0 in all three games
      You mean the USCS NPL finals? That is what you call the "Real" Nationals? You are truly out of the loop. Spoken like a true parent who's son didn't attend either tournament. Let me take a stab at this, you must be part of the archaic and outdated USYS system. Good luck next year. Found a landing spot yet? I won't even bother to explain the difference between the two competitions and what it took for both GPS Boys teams to get there. Such an obvious newbie. Let's put it this way, the FC Stars BU13 NPL team qualified for the NPL Finals, and they sucked the past two seasons in their own league.

Comment

You mean the USCS NPL finals? That is what you call the "Real" Nationals? You are truly out of the loop. Spoken like a true parent who's son didn't attend either tournament. Let me take a stab at this, you must be part of the archaic and outdated USYS system. Good luck next year. Found a landing spot yet? I won't even bother to explain the difference between the two competitions and what it took for both GPS Boys teams to get there. Such an obvious newbie. Let's put it this way, the FC Stars BU13 NPL team qualified for the NPL Finals, and they sucked the past two seasons in their own league.
        No dope. Stop spreading nonsense. These are the finals where several pre-academy teams participate (the winners of their respective NPL leagues). When PB was head of US club soccer he bullied them into including the winners of NEP in these finals. What a joke that turned out to be! Look what ended up happening - they stood no chance against BW Gotschee ( lost 5-1) and FC Dallas pre-academy( lost 4-0). The preacademy teams are the real deal at u-15 - not glorified town teams that win NEP!! You idiots crack me up with your "we won the nationals" crap. Unfortunately there are too many parents and kids out there that suck it all up. Keep preying on the ignorant, GPS.

Comment

No dope. Stop spreading nonsense. These are the finals where several pre-academy teams participate (the winners of their respective NPL leagues). When PB was head of US club soccer he bullied them into including the winners of NEP in these finals. What a joke that turned out to be! Look what ended up happening - they stood no chance against BW Gotschee ( lost 5-1) and FC Dallas pre-academy( lost 4-0). The preacademy teams are the real deal at u-15 - not glorified town teams that win NEP!! You idiots crack me up with your "we won the nationals" crap. Unfortunately there are too many parents and kids out there that suck it all up. Keep preying on the ignorant, GPS.
          I'm the dope and you think the term " pre-academy" means something. I love it. The only USSDA sanctioned teams are DAP teams. Not some club who names their respective Elite teams "pre-academy". DAP/USSDA teams do not participate in private club tournaments. They have their own. I have some swamp land in the Everglades that has a lot of potential, interested? U15/U16 are not pre-academy anything. Those teams would be in the USSDA, you idiot. Try to stay with us. Wow, you dislike GPS and PB, axe to grind? They discarded your boy?

Comment

The team that really won the U15 Nationals is the FC Dallas Pre-Academy team.

http://www.nationalpremierleagues.co.../74715482.html

The NPL finals are the true "Nationals" for boys at U13 and U15. At U16 and U18 it's the US Soccer Academy DAP Finals.

Comment

With regards to the GPS U15 NPL team at the NPL finals in Indiana, the whole team wasn't even there!. Most teams chose one weekend in Westfield or the other. Who can possibly stay in Indiana for a week and a half? Matter of fact, most clubs went that way. Maybe your son has a shot with GPS next year, but I doubt it. Their U12 through U16 are the strongest programs in the region.

Comment

The NPL finals are the true "Nationals" for boys at U13 and U15. At U16 and U18 it's the US Soccer Academy DAP Finals.
                Your an ignorant tool. Do some homework. What an angry fool. Enjoy your summer.

Comment

With regards to the GPS U15 NPL team at the NPL finals in Indiana, the whole team wasn't even there!. Most teams chose one weekend in Westfield or the other. Who can possibly stay in Indiana for a week and a half? Matter of fact, most clubs went that way. Maybe your son has a shot with GPS next year, but I doubt it. Their U12 through U16 are the strongest programs in the region.
                  Neal you really need to give it a rest.

Comment

Easy, throwing around the "Academy" word. I see you're incredibly impressed with it! .FC Dallas' 99/00 boys, if they were on anyone's radar or if they were any good, would be playing in the USSDA. Anything short of that, just another US Club Soccer tournament. Again,teams chose one weekend or the other in Westfield, including your NPL Champions, "pre academy" (love that term) FC Dallas club.

Comment

Nope sorry, not the "real deal" as you say. The "real deal" 99/00's are in the USSDA. How can you be so incredibly ignorant? Get out of this forum, you just bring it down to such an amateurish level. Get informed, you have to work at this a little.

Comment

credit where credit is due

I give the teams credit for winning this tournament, but I also realize that there are now at least 4-5 national tournaments/championships for boys and the NPL teams have at least two different ones to vie for. Suffice it to say, aside from the DAP, the rest of the country is watered down. Yes, the GPS NPL U13B team lost to the Stars to enter into one of the national championships, which did include PreAcademy teams and was won by the the NY Red Bull team. I am not sure how the GPS NPL U13B got into this latest one since they had already lost in the ridiculously weak Mid-Atlantic Region to Century. The level of play at this games was low as evidenced by ridiculous scores against .......??? top teams.

All that said....negatively.....this GPS U13 team is....was....very good. They have lost several players to the Rev Academy. Good luck next year and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Comment

I give the teams credit for winning this tournament, but I also realize that there are now at least 4-5 national tournaments/championships for boys and the NPL teams have at least two different ones to vie for. Suffice it to say, aside from the DAP, the rest of the country is watered down. Yes, the GPS NPL U13B team lost to the Stars to enter into one of the national championships, which did include PreAcademy teams and was won by the the NY Red Bull team. I am not sure how the GPS NPL U13B got into this latest one since they had already lost in the ridiculously weak Mid-Atlantic Region to Century. The level of play at this games was low as evidenced by ridiculous scores against .......??? top teams.

All that said....negatively.....this GPS U13 team is....was....very good. They have lost several players to the Rev Academy. Good luck next year and enjoy the rest of the summer.

How does this national championship compare to:

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...Championships/

Comment

Lost to Century in the Mid-Atlantic Regionals, then beat them this weekend at the Nationals. Would does that say exactly? One soccer match, many variables. Do you, or have you ever played?? The GPS U13 team won States, Regionals then Nationals but lost 2-1 to FC Stars ( a horrible team). They won Bethesda and multiple out of State and in State tournaments with a combined record of 58 wins and 4 losses. They would beat the NY RedBulls so called "pre-academy" team on any given day and vice versa, it's soccer. FC Stars would not ever stand a chance against them. Not many teams in Mass would.

Comment

How does this national championship compare to:

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...Championships/
                              Oh Jesus please!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X