• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    USSA skiing did it 2 years ago
    and the world didn't end then either.

Comment

Is there supposed to be a meeting in August? When can we expect some kind of announcement with details. Grandfathered or not? What about 8th/9th grade problem, etc.

Comment

Is there supposed to be a meeting in August? When can we expect some kind of announcement with details. Grandfathered or not? What about 8th/9th grade problem, etc.
        I don't see a big deal

Comment

I sure hope so....all the speculation! Decide once and for all and be done with it. Hopefully no multiyear process either. Just do it and move on. The kids will be fine; it's the parents who freak out

Comment

I sure hope so....all the speculation! Decide once and for all and be done with it. Hopefully no multiyear process either. Just do it and move on. The kids will be fine; it's the parents who freak out
            From Washington Youth Soccer Association-

Statement on USSF mandated rule changes
            August 12, 2015 01:56 PM

Over the past year, Washington Youth Soccer has been involved in discussions with our parent organizations, the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and US Youth Soccer, regarding potential mandated rule changes to the youth soccer structure. At the USSF Board Meeting held July 5th, the USSF Board of Directors approved the Player Development Initiatives developed and proposed by the National Coaching Staff. These two initiatives mandate small-sided games at Under-12 and a move from school year (Aug. 1-July 31) to calendar-year (Jan. 1-Dec. 31) age groups.

USSF Development Initiatives - http://www.washingtonyouthsoccer.org...005%202015.pdf

USSF's schedule for the rule changes will be adopted as best practices beginning August of 2016, and mandated as of August of 2017. Washington Youth Soccer is in ongoing discussions to provide a pathway to best implement the transition within the state. No changes will be implemented for the upcoming 2015-2016 seasonal year, and more information will be announced within the following month.

http://www.washingtonyouthsoccer.org..._rule_changes/

Comment

From Washington Youth Soccer Association-

Statement on USSF mandated rule changes
              August 12, 2015 01:56 PM

Over the past year, Washington Youth Soccer has been involved in discussions with our parent organizations, the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) and US Youth Soccer, regarding potential mandated rule changes to the youth soccer structure. At the USSF Board Meeting held July 5th, the USSF Board of Directors approved the Player Development Initiatives developed and proposed by the National Coaching Staff. These two initiatives mandate small-sided games at Under-12 and a move from school year (Aug. 1-July 31) to calendar-year (Jan. 1-Dec. 31) age groups.

USSF Development Initiatives - http://www.washingtonyouthsoccer.org...005%202015.pdf

USSF's schedule for the rule changes will be adopted as best practices beginning August of 2016, and mandated as of August of 2017. Washington Youth Soccer is in ongoing discussions to provide a pathway to best implement the transition within the state. No changes will be implemented for the upcoming 2015-2016 seasonal year, and more information will be announced within the following month.

http://www.washingtonyouthsoccer.org..._rule_changes/
              The same document was already posted earlier on this thread from CA (all copyrighted and protected lol) but nothing definite from the national organization that anyone has ever seen.

Comment

Looks like more state associations will be making official statements sooner than later. WYSA states more information coming in the following month. Why do I have a feeling fall season will become one big scouting season. I'm very curious how associations will determine league placement next year and tournament bracketing.

Comment

Looks like more state associations will be making official statements sooner than later. WYSA states more information coming in the following month. Why do I have a feeling fall season will become one big scouting season. I'm very curious how associations will determine league placement next year and tournament bracketing.
                  There will be some glitches for a season or two but it will quickly smooth out. It isn't much different than the churn of players moving clubs every year. GPS U14 2015 is not the same competitive level as GPS U13 2014 or not at least on paper. But after the autumn, we will know where they fall.

This is just going to create a lot more variability for a season or two

Comment

I have 2 children that are really going to benefit and one that is going to lose out. Unfortunately the one that benefits the most wants to play the least. And not just soccer but all sports. Urgh!

Comment

In some ways I like the fact all teams in every club will be impacted by this. Smaller clubs will likely either struggle a lot to field players in some age groups or they may be the windfall of some great overlooked talent because their DK wasn't in the Jan-April birth months. I have an A team daughter with a Dec 27 birthday. I know the age group team ahead of us is very strong. My daughter will likely make next years B team and be an impact player or possibly see a lot of time on the bench. Or perhaps we move to a club where she will be an impact player on a top team in a smaller club because the pool of players to choose from is smaller.

Comment

In some ways I like the fact all teams in every club will be impacted by this. Smaller clubs will likely either struggle a lot to field players in some age groups or they may be the windfall of some great overlooked talent because their DK wasn't in the Jan-April birth months. I have an A team daughter with a Dec 27 birthday. I know the age group team ahead of us is very strong. My daughter will likely make next years B team and be an impact player or possibly see a lot of time on the bench. Or perhaps we move to a club where she will be an impact player on a top team in a smaller club because the pool of players to choose from is smaller.
                        Many people will be facing the same questions. There's still time to sort it out but it will get sorted. If it comes down as "official" the sooner clubs start communicating to people the better.

Comment

The document sent around was generated from the USSF. That is the overall umbrella organization of all of US soccer. Cant get more national than that/ It was approved by the USSF BOD and will be implemented as a "best practice" next year and mandated the year after. Its going to happen most places as they will not want of be out of "best practice" next year but everywhere the year after.

Comment

The document sent around was generated from the USSF. That is the overall umbrella organization of all of US soccer. Cant get more national than that/ It was approved by the USSF BOD and will be implemented as a "best practice" next year and mandated the year after. Its going to happen most places as they will not want of be out of "best practice" next year but everywhere the year after.
                            Not the op. Where is the evidence of board approval? No one seems to be able to find it.

I do agree some clubs will jump ahead and implement it right away. The sooner the kinks get worked out the better

Comment

I didn't go through and read the entire thread. This may have already been asked.

My kid is a '98 and a rising U17 (mid-September birthday). Her team is probably a little on the younger side - maybe seven '98 birthdays and eleven '99 birthdays. The rising 18s at her club also are a little younger and have a lot of '98s but they will be off to college when my kid is a U18. On the surface it doesn't look like they will have enough to field a team in my kid's U18 season. I'm hoping they keep the team together.

Comment

I didn't go through and read the entire thread. This may have already been asked.

My kid is a '98 and a rising U17 (mid-September birthday). Her team is probably a little on the younger side - maybe seven '98 birthdays and eleven '99 birthdays. The rising 18s at her club also are a little younger and have a lot of '98s but they will be off to college when my kid is a U18. On the surface it doesn't look like they will have enough to field a team in my kid's U18 season. I'm hoping they keep the team together.
                                18s are going to be a problem but I would think the big clubs would just have players "play up" and play with their class and in your case with the 99s as they always have. For the smaller clubs, they likely won't have u18 teams since there won't be enough available players under the new model. Many will yap on here that u18 is not important but if the player is college bound, the school absolutely wants the player playing at the appropriate level during their spring season

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X