Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    U18s got schooled in there last game in the west losing 5 to 1. Realized it's all for kicks and giggles until you figure out the $$$ spent and noticed the team hasn't improved much over 4 yrs. Safe travels......
    So -- you do not like ecnl or stars -- and you think ranting over some team going to what your idea of a nationals should be is funny. / more kids are getting recruited from teams that are not winning the national events. / more kids getting recruited from ecnl than non-ecnl. / national events are bragging rights for teams that have had a great season and deserve that time in the light. / I know parents of the players that went & won nationals and their kids did not even get recruited or play in college. /your chances of getting recruited when you play in these league events are all equal - / you can brag about how great your particular league or club or event you think is best /-- the end results are always the same. / win - lose - or draw the fate of your kids are in their hands.

Comment

So -- you do not like ecnl or stars -- and you think ranting over some team going to what your idea of a nationals should be is funny. / more kids are getting recruited from teams that are not winning the national events. / more kids getting recruited from ecnl than non-ecnl. / national events are bragging rights for teams that have had a great season and deserve that time in the light. / I know parents of the players that went & won nationals and their kids did not even get recruited or play in college. /your chances of getting recruited when you play in these league events are all equal - / you can brag about how great your particular league or club or event you think is best /-- the end results are always the same. / win - lose - or draw the fate of your kids are in their hands.
      You know the parents and players of which team that won Nationals?

Comment

Absolutely do have a player in the NPL so you can rant and rave all that you like. My daughter is a U18 and I'll be saying so long to site in a very short time so you can diss me all that you like but I started with club soccer back when the MAPLE meant something and have been through all of the recent "landscape" changes over the past few years. I can safely tell you that the grass is not greener in any of these leagues at this point. IMHO they are all completely watered down and these so called national titles are all basically a farce. Further more I think you singling out the ECNL in this case is about as stupid as it gets because there isn't anything that is any better OR any worse.. just less expensive.
        OMG, can we get that guaranteed, BTDT???

Comment

yet another swing and a miss

Comment

U18s got schooled in there last game in the west losing 5 to 1. Realized it's all for kicks and giggles until you figure out the $$$ spent and noticed the team hasn't improved much over 4 yrs. Safe travels......
            So you have been following the team and players over the past 4 years to judge whether they have improved? Sad, but impressive. This team ended up in 9th place in the country at U18. That is pretty amazing. At U14 and U18, the ECNL National event is truly the best of the best. Playing for and against teams at this level is an amazing experience. I am enjoying some good soccer in Seattle. I am guessing you have no idea what you are missing.

Comment

So you have been following the team and players over the past 4 years to judge whether they have improved? Sad, but impressive. This team ended up in 9th place in the country at U18. That is pretty amazing. At U14 and U18, the ECNL National event is truly the best of the best. Playing for and against teams at this level is an amazing experience. I am enjoying some good soccer in Seattle. I am guessing you have no idea what you are missing.
              You could see awesome soccer here in MA and still get beaten, allbeit by NPL teams. If Stars are 9th in the country in ECNL it's a damning indictment of the ECNL because there are NPL teams better than every Stars team.

Comment

You could see awesome soccer here in MA and still get beaten, allbeit by NPL teams. If Stars are 9th in the country in ECNL it's a damning indictment of the ECNL because there are NPL teams better than every Stars team.
                Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Comment

Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
                  Nothing but facts, but don't let that get in your way of ignoring the reality of it.

Comment

Nothing but facts, but don't let that get in your way of ignoring the reality of it.
                    Thanks, DBDB.

Comment

Thanks, DBDB.
                      And another swing and a miss

Comment

And another swing and a miss
                        Thanks, DBDB. This must be your new, improved "the obsession continues."

Comment

You are correct, but ECNL folks are angry at you for pointing it out.

Comment

You are correct, but ECNL folks are angry at you for pointing it out.
                            Has any stars team advanced in the past 4 yrs??

Comment

You finished 3rd in a group challenge and got smoked in your last game.

Comment

and the obsession with Stars continues

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X