Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../nyreview.html

Although it is true that heritability is only a crude measure of genetic influence, it remains a valuable research tool if, as one scientist has said, the researchers realize that genetic influence on behavior appears to involve multiple genes rather than one or two major genes, and nongenetic sources of variance are at least as important as genetic factors....This should not be interpreted to mean that genes do not affect human behavior; it only demonstrates that genetic influence on behavior is not due to major-gene effects.
    In light of this information, I'll never understand why anyone would choose to be homosexual...even if they're totally unaware that they've made this behavioral choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      In light of this information, I'll never understand why anyone would choose to be homosexual...even if they're totally unaware that they've made this behavioral choice.
      You've just answered your own question....most DON'T choose.

Comment

Did you read the comment before yours?

"A genetic cause for homosexuality is not scientifically posdible (sic). A homosexuality gene would quickly die out."

Comment

"A genetic cause for homosexuality is not scientifically posdible (sic). A homosexuality gene would quickly die out."
          You apparently don't understand science. In any event, presuming your hypothesis, why do you (and apparently others) think gay folks CHOOSE to be gay? And how do you think they got so, so gay? Should be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Comment

Yes. And you evidently missed the point of my post.

Comment

You apparently don't understand science. In any event, presuming your hypothesis, why do you (and apparently others) think gay folks CHOOSE to be gay? And how do you think they got so, so gay? Should be interesting to hear your thoughts.
              Such a dopey rebuttal for the discussion of genetic causes, to only frame the "choosing" as so conscious and overt like ordering food off a menu. Try not being so reflexive with your inferences. No being homosexual isn't like skin pigmentation, yes it's something attributable to numerous things and the shock! NOT genetic. Does that mean someone is also advancing the argument that homosexuality is a choice within the control of that individual? No.

I get that even a reasoned, dispassionate discussion of science ...because it's THIS topic... gets your panties in such a twist, but try not to enter the fray with your white knuckles crushing that bigot card you're holding and ready to throw. It's weak-minded.

I'll try to dumb it down for you. You're right-handed, correct? Odds say that you probably are. Just like you're probably a heterosexual. You might not be, but probably in both counts. Did you CHOOSE to be right-handed? COULD you have been left-handed? Were circumstances different from your daddy's sperm making a run for it to well beyond exiting your mommy's ******, could you have been left-handed? Yes. But were changing any of those circumstances your choosing? Not really.

Get over it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X