2015 Boys Fall High School Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any Cape teams worth Mentioning in the Conversation for D1 or D2 South other than the usual New Bedford?

Barnstable?

Dartmouth?

Sandwhich?

D-Y?

Nauset?

These cape/coastal teams are very hard to read due to the leagues they play in.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Are there any Cape teams worth Mentioning in the Conversation for D1 or D2 South other than the usual New Bedford?

Barnstable?

Dartmouth?

Sandwhich?

D-Y?

Nauset?

These cape/coastal teams are very hard to read due to the leagues they play in.
      Barnstable is only d1 team from the Cape. Vaguely recall hearing that many of last year's starters were seniors, which if correct, often means a team will be at best similar to prior year.

Comment

Brookline will be a solid team great discpline defensively and good technical skill but will lack in the goal scoring department. I foreshadow a lot of 0-0 or 1-1 games from them this year
        No great insight. They couldn't score in the league last year (they did outside the league in the tournament), so you've predicted more of same. And over the years, their m.o. has been good technically, questionable attacking. You've predicted more of same. All should pray that they don't play so much 0-0 as last year.

Comment

Natick Should be down this year could miss the tournament. they were lead by several quality seniors last year. Wellesley is a mystery to me, they were very hit or miss last year, expect them to win the Herget division but struggle in games against the Carey. Walpole didn't impress me with there kick and chase style last year, i wouldn't expect too much of a jump or a drop from them
          Walpole looked young last year, and played better late in the season than early, which was as you describe. If they really were young, they are favorites in Herget division.

Comment

Walpole looked young last year, and played better late in the season than early, which was as you describe. If they really were young, they are favorites in Herget division.
            Look for pembroke to have another strong showing in D2 South. Duxbury has promising underclassmen who should step in and help them surprise as well. Marshfield lost a lot of midfield but has a strong junior class and a lighter schedule this year, though 2x with Brockton will be challenging. If they make D1 tourney it would be a stretch given the losses

Comment

Top 6 Teams in Each D1 south and D1 North

D1 South

1. New Bedford
              2. Needham
              3. BC High
              4. Silver Lake
              5. Weymouth
              6. Wellesley

D1 North

1. Framingham
              2. ST johns Prep
              3. Acton-boxborough
              4. Lexington
              5. Medford
              6. Peabody

Comment

D1 South

1. New Bedford
                2. Needham
                3. BC High
                4. Silver Lake
                5. Weymouth
                6. Wellesley

D1 North

1. Framingham
                2. ST johns Prep
                3. Acton-boxborough
                4. Lexington
                5. Medford
                6. Peabody
                There is no way Weymouth will be a top 5 team in the south. Not unless the bay state league is considerably weaker than usual. I saw that team last year and while there may be room to hope for an improvement given the number of returning players, I certainly didn't see anything that would indicate a major jump like that.

Comment

D1 South

1. New Bedford
                  2. Needham
                  3. BC High
                  4. Silver Lake
                  5. Weymouth
                  6. Wellesley

D1 North

1. Framingham
                  2. ST johns Prep
                  3. Acton-boxborough
                  4. Lexington
                  5. Medford
                  6. Peabody
                  This looks like a ranking of best records over the past 4-5 years, not 2015. Please list justification next to each team listed.

Comment

D1 South

1. New Bedford- Most Talented team in EMASS, Returning plenty of skill players
                    2. Needham- Program depth is just unreal, due for a drop but a top team
                    3. BC High- Benefits of kids from all over EMASS should have a good talent players 1-8
                    4. Silver Lake- Based on last year
                    5. Weymouth- Returning 9/11 Starters and 15 Varsity players
                    6. Wellesley- Also returning a number of quality players

Rankings not based on record but rather how i see these teams come tournament time. should make up semi finals in the south

D1 North

1. Framingham- Loaded with talent
                    2. ST johns Prep- returning a number of quality players from last year
                    3. Acton-boxborough- Time for them to put together a big run
                    4. Lexington- Finally getting back to the lexington teams of 5-6 years ago. Dominance
                    5. Medford- Always talents just unknown if they can stay discplined
                    6. Peabody-

Come Tournament time expect those 6 teams in each the North and South to be the teams to watch

Comment

d3 winner

If I were a betting man I would pick one of the teams from the TVL- they play tourney games almost daily against each other....their league probably does not get the respect it deserves. Other typically strong teams that arnt D3 but are in their league include Westwood, Hopkinton and Medfield. There are a couple sisters of the poor in Millis and Bellingham but overall top to bottom, not many easy games.

Medway has been very strong the last few years. Norton, Holliston and DS from the Tri Valley are strong. Hanover won the section last year

Comment

D1 South

1. New Bedford
                        2. Needham
                        3. BC High
                        4. Silver Lake
                        5. Weymouth
                        6. Wellesley

D1 North

1. Framingham
                        2. ST johns Prep
                        3. Acton-boxborough
                        4. Lexington
                        5. Medford
                        6. Peabody
                        So who would you replace on this list and why?

Comment

Silver Lake could be replaced. They had 2 wins vs good d1s last year (st johns & Franklin). Meanwhile, they accumulated 4 losses and 4 draws. Maybe there's a case why they should be much better this year, but don't know what that is.

Comment

I agree completely with the North, and with the top four from the South. Wellesley and Weymouth should, without a doubt, be replaced. I predict teams such as Braintree or Attleboro could take top spots in the South division. Hard to say, however, which team (NB, Needham, BC, SL) will be #1. They will definitely fluctuate a decent amount.

Comment

I agree completely with the North, and with the top four from the South. Wellesley and Weymouth should, without a doubt, be replaced. I predict teams such as Braintree or Attleboro could take top spots in the South division. Hard to say, however, which team (NB, Needham, BC, SL) will be #1. They will definitely fluctuate a decent amount.
                              Braintree will not be better than Weymouth, history proves that with Braintree only have 2 wins in 25 years. Weymouth might be border in the Top 6 but I would take them over Braintree or Attleboro. Wellesley is a mystery on why they are on the top 6 list. I think there just an average team and could see Attleboro/Franklin easily replacing them.

The North is pretty much set in stone, Only question is does a City team have a great year and compete with those teams come tournament time.

Comment

Braintree will not be better than Weymouth, history proves that with Braintree only have 2 wins in 25 years. Weymouth might be border in the Top 6 but I would take them over Braintree or Attleboro. Wellesley is a mystery on why they are on the top 6 list. I think there just an average team and could see Attleboro/Franklin easily replacing them.

The North is pretty much set in stone, Only question is does a City team have a great year and compete with those teams come tournament time.
                                Attleboro and Franklin will have good records because the Hockomock League, especially the Big Hock, is very weak

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X