Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have been on this site for a bit now, and always found it a bit strange that it was all anonymous. This leads to a lot of unnecessary bashing and downright ignorant responses that likely wouldn't occur if you could connect who was who when responding or reading through threads.

So, I started a separate forum called www.thesoccerpitch.net. Its not meant to replace this place, but it will just add to the resources available to people.
    Since you started a new site it would seem fair for you right at the onset to tell us a bit about yourself, your interests in youth soccer, any affiliations, kids playing, etc. Transparency on the front end will go along way and generate some confidence for people here to consider switching over or participating in both.

Comment

Anyone want to chat about the USMNT vs Argentina game over there... I've started a thread for discussion. Figured it was a place to start over there.

Comment

Since you started a new site it would seem fair for you right at the onset to tell us a bit about yourself, your interests in youth soccer, any affiliations, kids playing, etc. Transparency on the front end will go along way and generate some confidence for people here to consider switching over or participating in both.
        I've been a player/fan since youth, and have a daughter who plays at a very high level locally. I've had kids play for Scorpions, NEFC, Stars, and locally at the rec level and at the HS level. I've been involved in the sport as both a coach and administrator. I'm also a bit of a tech person, which is why it was so easy to create one of these in about 30 minutes.

Professionally I'm in the health care sector and have been for 20+ years now.

Comment

I've been a player/fan since youth, and have a daughter who plays at a very high level locally. I've had kids play for Scorpions, NEFC, Stars, and locally at the rec level and at the HS level. I've been involved in the sport as both a coach and administrator. I'm also a bit of a tech person, which is why it was so easy to create one of these in about 30 minutes.

You are nicer than I. I'd have told Perspective to take a hike.

Comment

Way to cover all of your bases, lol.

Comment

Duplicate this site except with the name registration. I'm (as are many) a simpleton and this site is very easy to use. One step (click 'todays posts) to see all recent activity. Yours looked relatively confusing.
              You can do the same here, you just need to login first to post. But you can read all you want without logging in if you want.

Categories just make it easier to narrow your review of posts when you are not familiar with the site. I'm much more used to these because of my car hobbies and car forums, where the categories help eliminate noise when trying to find things of interest.

Comment

You're too modest. You left out refereeing at all levels, board member at town and club levels, tournament coordinator, DOC.

Comment

You're too modest. You left out refereeing at all levels, board member at town and club levels, tournament coordinator, DOC.
                  Someone asked - can't claim the ones you mention though, particularly ref - too many crazy parents and coaches to deal with. Besides, its a good role for a kid to play - teaches them conflict management at a young age.

Comment

Someone asked - can't claim the ones you mention though, particularly ref - too many crazy parents and coaches to deal with. Besides, its a good role for a kid to play - teaches them conflict management at a young age.
                    Ya know, if I just started a new site I think I'd be over there. Not here ready to respond to posts on this site so quickly. Just sayin'.

Comment

I would definitely flatter talking soccer and make the acre a more like this I also found it too busy and harder to navigate

Comment

I would definitely flatter talking soccer and make the acre a more like this I also found it too busy and harder to navigate
                        Make the screens a bit more like this. not acre

Comment

Ya know, if I just started a new site I think I'd be over there. Not here ready to respond to posts on this site so quickly. Just sayin'.
                          My God, give him a break! He is trying to put out a new site, so being on here to answers questions/comments is totally reasonable.

Comment

My God, give him a break! He is trying to put out a new site, so being on here to answers questions/comments is totally reasonable.
                            Exactly. He's got kids playing for NEFC, Stars, Scorps, GPS, Aztecs, WUP and CSU plus all the town and HS leagues so the guy is busy for heavens sakes.

Comment

Exactly. He's got kids playing for NEFC, Stars, Scorps, GPS, Aztecs, WUP and CSU plus all the town and HS leagues so the guy is busy for heavens sakes.
                              You guys are pretty funny - keep up the good work.

Comment

How is the new forum coming along lol? That very, very mild initial buzz seems to have died down.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X