Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What do you prefer we call them? When you are "offered" a spot on a particular team... Name the term you wish to use.
    I prefer placements actually. An "offer' has the connotation that your child is worthy of having "made it" or the fact that the club can't live without them. Marketing nonsense, they want your dough, plain and simple.

Comment

I prefer placements actually. An "offer' has the connotation that your child is worthy of having "made it" or the fact that the club can't live without them. Marketing nonsense, they want your dough, plain and simple.
      Not true for every club. My daughters club made cuts. Everyone knows the bottom team is nothing more than funding for the top teams.

Comment

Not true for every club. My daughters club made cuts. Everyone knows the bottom team is nothing more than funding for the top teams.
        Except the newbies

Comment

No "cuts" are ever made by any for profit youth sports organization. Again, placement. C'mon man!!! You're much smarter than that.

Comment

No "cuts" are ever made by any for profit youth sports organization. Again, placement. C'mon man!!! You're much smarter than that.
            True This.
            it may feel like a cut to player, but she is being placed

Comment

True This.
              it may feel like a cut to player, but she is being placed
              Right, so let's eradicate the term "offer" from the youth sports lexicon. It's nothing more than a feel good parental marketing ploy. Might seem simplistic, but the major problem with pay to play youth sports in this country.

Comment

There were many girls and only one team. Explain that? I talked to some parents who never heard whether their kid was "placed" on the team... We got our call within 24 hours.

Comment

There were many girls and only one team. Explain that? I talked to some parents who never heard whether their kid was "placed" on the team... We got our call within 24 hours.
                  But I though the big clubs in MA were non-profits?

Comment

Give me a break. C'mon, let's end this now.

Comment

But I though the big clubs in MA were non-profits?
                      From an IRS standpoint yes.

Comment

What do you mean one team, what club soccer organization has just one team? Please get informed...educated.

Comment

Blind leading the blind.

Comment

From an IRS standpoint yes.
                            It was meant to be a joke.....

In terms of timing, they didn't finish the regional tryouts until last night, and the NPL team tryouts also ended last night after 4 nights in different regions. Few decisions probably but with delays and parent/coach discussions I'm guessing there are going to be some high level team offers made as late as this weekend. They know who they want on which teams - any delays are due to player decisions delaying downstream player offers.

Comment

What do you mean one team, what club soccer organization has just one team? Please get informed...educated.
                              Our club only has one team at most levels as well. Very small, it happens.

Comment

I don't have anything to prove. You sound bitter. Perhaps your dear Mia was one of those who did not get a "placement".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X