Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offers

Anyone else out there still waiting for offers from teams - NEFC is really late this year and wondering how much is based on players deciding between them and another club. Odd thing is that I thought most other clubs had completed their older age groups already and thus those decisions would have been made already.

NEFC tryouts just finished last night, unless you are talking about their Elite/ECNL teams, which were finalized by this past Wednesday. If you are waiting to hear about a regional team, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. At this point they have to wait and see if top choices accept, and then they'll move done the list to finish out the roster. If by tomorrow you still have not heard anything, I would email them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      NEFC tryouts just finished last night, unless you are talking about their Elite/ECNL teams, which were finalized by this past Wednesday. If you are waiting to hear about a regional team, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. At this point they have to wait and see if top choices accept, and then they'll move done the list to finish out the roster. If by tomorrow you still have not heard anything, I would email them.
      If you haven't heard yet, they don't want your little Mia.

Comment

If you haven't heard yet, they don't want your little Mia.
        Typical TS dbag response.

Other poster is right - they'll have a short list of plan B players in case their top picks decline offers. Drop them a note in awhile to remind them you're still interested.

Unfortunately some clubs never let you know anything and keep you in limbo until you give up. I've never understood that. Just tell people no if the answer is no. People are trying to make decisions

Comment

Finalized maybe, communicated to the masses no,I'm still waiting

Comment

Typical TS dbag response.

Other poster is right - they'll have a short list of plan B players in case their top picks decline offers. Drop them a note in awhile to remind them you're still interested.

Unfortunately some clubs never let you know anything and keep you in limbo until you give up. I've never understood that. Just tell people no if the answer is no. People are trying to make decisions
            Enjoy being the #18 player on the roster

Comment

Enjoy being the #18 player on the roster
              You mean player #18 isn't trained with the other 17, or you're a typical d*ckwad who is more worried about wins and loses than actual development.

Comment

You mean player #18 isn't trained with the other 17, or you're a typical d*ckwad who is more worried about wins and loses than actual development.
                Ignore the idiot troll.

Just because you aren't on the first offer list doesn't mean you won't be a contributor or get no PT. Some teams/clubs are hard to break into, or a player may have had a poor tryout but the coach see's potential. Being on the :wait list" isn't always a bad thing. But I agree with others that clubs do a very poor job communicating with families on all of this.

Comment

My experience with two kids on club regional A teams and having tried out at multiple clubs is that our offers came in within 12 hours of the tryout. I also know for many high level teams, offers went out weeks ago and rosters were mostly already filled.

Comment

Ignore the idiot troll.

Just because you aren't on the first offer list doesn't mean you won't be a contributor or get no PT. Some teams/clubs are hard to break into, or a player may have had a poor tryout but the coach see's potential. Being on the :wait list" isn't always a bad thing. But I agree with others that clubs do a very poor job communicating with families on all of this.
                    I agree, but the idiot troll cannot be ignored all together, as each and every player has different needs. Yes, training on a higher level team may outweigh being the last player on the roster, and yes the player does the opportunity to improve through that training but it's all relative since all of the players on that team have the same opportunity. On the other hand, said player may be better off getting more competition minutes. Not everyone can handle diminished minutes. You can't really look at this in a vacuum.

It is unfortunate for all of the players stuck in the middle of the waiting game since it creates such a snowball effect not only throughout the specific club but other clubs and teams where players are hedging themselves. Offers typically are time stamped and any club should know that if someone doesn't accept in a short period time, there is an issue and they should try to find out why. However, clubs are sometimes hesitant to push their targeted player for a decision, especially highly coveted ones.

I used to hate that the clubs had tryouts at the same time. However, now seeing what happens when the big boys separate themselves by a few weeks, I totally understand the logic behind it.

Comment

My experience with two kids on club regional A teams and having tried out at multiple clubs is that our offers came in within 12 hours of the tryout. I also know for many high level teams, offers went out weeks ago and rosters were mostly already filled.
                      The bigger the clubs and the higher the team, the earlier the team roster is set through pre-offers. Usually only 1-2 open spots by tryouts, which the coach already has his bubble players he's looking at during those tryouts to just make final choices. Regional teams are less set at tryouts. But the first 12 hours will be notification to the top choices, and then the next 24-48 will be filled with the rest. Smaller clubs are a bit different, as they often take 2 days to have their meetings and gets their emails sent.

Comment

Depends on the club and how they treat bottom 3 players of the roster. NEFC traditional has starters, role players and bench players. If you are a bench player you see about 10 to 20 minutes a game depending on what level team. My daughter used to play for NEFC. Our coach plays every player half a game and if you are playing well that day you play more. You could be one of the top 3 players and if it is not your day you will not play extra. This is development, playing players and not trying to just win. NEFC does not develop they win games with their best players playing most of the minutes.

Comment

Will NEFC be fielding a 2002 or 2003 Boys team?

Comment

Anyone else out there still waiting for offers from teams - NEFC is really late this year and wondering how much is based on players deciding between them and another club. Odd thing is that I thought most other clubs had completed their older age groups already and thus those decisions would have been made already.
                            Why do people insist on calling these things offers? Write the check and your kid will have a landing spot at the club. Parents lap it all up, hockey and baseball also. I've been involved in club soccer and select hockey for decades and I've never seen such a deceitful business model.

Comment

Why do people insist on calling these things offers? Write the check and your kid will have a landing spot at the club. Parents lap it all up, hockey and baseball also. I've been involved in club soccer and select hockey for decades and I've never seen such a deceitful business model.
                              What do you prefer we call them? When you are "offered" a spot on a particular team... Name the term you wish to use.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X