Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Too much travel, money and time. The players are no better than the maple, npl, nep players. Its a JOKE, JOKE ,JOKE. Do you need more clarification you JA?
    The ECNL teams are definitely better than teams playing in Maple/NEP! The biggest difference is the top 5/6 players on those teams are far and away better than top players in Maple/NEP. I agree that the bottom 1/3 of ECNL teams are no better than the top players in Maple/NEP. My daughter is a top player on an NPL team, but would be bottom 1/3 of an ECNL team, and to me it's not worth the travel, commitment, or cost. Especially if your kid likes to play other sports.

Comment

Too much travel, money and time. The players are no better than the maple, npl, nep players. Its a JOKE, JOKE ,JOKE. Do you need more clarification you JA?
      Your 3 points have zero to do with the quality of the league, the talent level, and the exposure that the kids get from playing in it.

We get it. Your kid tried out and got cut, or was assigned to an NPL team, or something like that. The ECNL customers - players, parents, and college coaches that recruit good players - are probably pretty happy with the product.

Comment

The ECNL teams are definitely better than teams playing in Maple/NEP! The biggest difference is the top 5/6 players on those teams are far and away better than top players in Maple/NEP. I agree that the bottom 1/3 of ECNL teams are no better than the top players in Maple/NEP. My daughter is a top player on an NPL team, but would be bottom 1/3 of an ECNL team, and to me it's not worth the travel, commitment, or cost. Especially if your kid likes to play other sports.
        The last point is a very good one. ECNL players are mostly expected to be all-in on soccer. While there are some multi-sport athletes playing ECNL, it's hard to do. It's a long, demanding season.

Comment

So what you are saying is that its the players you're using as your benchmark - thanks for clarifying (and I guess it wouldn't be TS if I didn't play teenager and call you an asshat in return for your mature response).

Comment

Have any ecnl teams played maple teams in the past year? What were the results?

Comment

Have any ecnl teams played maple teams in the past year? What were the results?
              Why would they do such a thing? It's 3-4 levels down from where they play currently. There's no doubt that there are players sprinkled around maple that could make an ECNL roster, but the competition between the teams wouldn't be good for anyone. The athleticism would be similar, but the skill and speed of play would be worlds apart. Your kid's team would have the ball for a touch and a boot, and then it would be gone. Every time. It would be very frustrating for all concerned.

I had an ECNL and NEP player (NEP was older) at one point. Watching the games every weekend was crazy, because the skill and intensity of the younger kid's games were so much greater. NEP was actually more fun because it was a bit more relaxed.

If you really want to gauge the levels, try beating some NEP teams from the top division. Then go and consistently beat some NPL teams. Then realize that, aside from a couple of the NEFC elite teams, even those teams would get smoked by an average ECNL team. Then come back here and chirp about wanting to compete against ECNL teams.

Comment

Sure like the average NPL team is going to have a hard time against the likes of FCB or CFC.

Comment

Sure like the average NPL team is going to have a hard time against the likes of FCB or CFC.
                  they do.

Sorry to burst your bubble

Comment

Why would they do such a thing? It's 3-4 levels down from where they play currently. There's no doubt that there are players sprinkled around maple that could make an ECNL roster, but the competition between the teams wouldn't be good for anyone. The athleticism would be similar, but the skill and speed of play would be worlds apart. Your kid's team would have the ball for a touch and a boot, and then it would be gone. Every time. It would be very frustrating for all concerned.

I had an ECNL and NEP player (NEP was older) at one point. Watching the games every weekend was crazy, because the skill and intensity of the younger kid's games were so much greater. NEP was actually more fun because it was a bit more relaxed.

If you really want to gauge the levels, try beating some NEP teams from the top division. Then go and consistently beat some NPL teams. Then realize that, aside from a couple of the NEFC elite teams, even those teams would get smoked by an average ECNL team. Then come back here and chirp about wanting to compete against ECNL teams.

Maple vs ECNL 2015-2016 season u14

8/23 Spirit cup

SSS 2 VS FC Boston ecnl 1

8/29 Stars scrimmages

SSS 6 VS FC Boston ecnl 2

SSS 2 VS Stars ecnl 0

11/27 Gps Thanksgiving tournament

SSS 6 VS Stars ecnl 2

Maple 4 wins Ecnl 0

3-4 levels down, LOL! Keep drinking the ecnl koolaid, your teams are awful at soccer !!! But at least you get a touch or a boot the ball down field once in a while.

Comment

8/23 Spirit cup

8/29 Stars scrimmages

SSS 2 VS Stars ecnl 0

SSS 6 VS Stars ecnl 2

Maple 4 wins Ecnl 0

3-4 levels down, LOL! Keep drinking the ecnl koolaid, your teams are awful at soccer !!! But at least you get a touch or a boot the ball down field once in a while.
                      Congratulations U14 parent. You were able to cite 1 team from one age group. Get your head out of your rectum and look beyond 1 team

Comment

Congratulations U14 parent. You were able to cite 1 team from one age group. Get your head out of your rectum and look beyond 1 team
                        Just pointing out to ECNL braggers how delusional you are. FC usa, Liverpool and others would give these teams a game as well if they played them. Get your head out of fantasy world.

Comment

Just pointing out to ECNL braggers how delusional you are. FC usa, Liverpool and others would give these teams a game as well if they played them. Get your head out of fantasy world.
                          Come back at U18 and tell us all how it works out.

Best of luck.

Comment

Come back at U18 and tell us all how it works out.

Best of luck.
                            thanks, I am sure you'll still be spewing nonsense on TS then so I'll try to remember.

Comment

thanks, I am sure you'll still be spewing nonsense on TS then so I'll try to remember.
                              Whatever. I am not the one bashing other children because of the team / league they play in. To each his own. Enjoy yourself.

Comment

8/23 Spirit cup

8/29 Stars scrimmages

SSS 2 VS Stars ecnl 0

SSS 6 VS Stars ecnl 2

Maple 4 wins Ecnl 0

Since when do we count scrimmages as real wins? Whose the loser parent that keeps score of a scrimmage?
                                Those ENCL teams must stink considering they lost to a team that can't even get out of region 1 to make it to nationals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X