Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Funny that they put down grass for this game, but the MLS games get the carpet...
    amazin.
    anyone notice that not a mention on sports reporting?

Comment

Yup. Just checked Sunday's game for tickets $500+ per ticket. Going to revs in a few weeks for probably 100 all in with food for 2
      We're going to the revs as well, never been but I was happy to see the price is very reasonable for good seats.

Comment

If you saw the stands in Philly for the USMNT game too, it was not "sold out. Way too expensive for the average soccer fan.

Comment

If you saw the stands in Philly for the USMNT game too, it was not "sold out. Way too expensive for the average soccer fan.
          Much better turnout than at Gillette

Comment

Yes, but USMNT was playing there. We didn't have that "US" draw.

Comment

Can't see how that matters. US is the road team for most of the games played against the rest of this Hemisphere, south of us. Brazil especially should've drawn well, they always do.

Comment

Can't see how that matters. US is the road team for most of the games played against the rest of this Hemisphere, south of us. Brazil especially should've drawn well, they always do.
                36,000 in attendance at last nights game. And at least 40% seemed to be supporting Peru. This game if priced more reasonably should have sold 50,000 tickets.

Comment

36,000 in attendance at last nights game. And at least 40% seemed to be supporting Peru. This game if priced more reasonably should have sold 50,000 tickets.
                  Not disagreeing. Heck I looked into going to a few venues and all too much $$ for me. But, it's telling as I was more interested in flying to Philly or Joyzey than I was going to Fauxborough.

Comment

.....and what a great goal that was!!!!!

Comment

.....and what a great goal that was!!!!!

You can conclude that I just don't know how to appreciate soccer, however, I have always said that the game could be essentially over if one team scores in the first half. But last nights game was a travesty. It was an obvious hand ball that directed the ball into the net. With the amount of time that the center Ref gave before restarting play, someone somewhere, somehow could have helped make the right call.

If you ever think sports fans who are new to soccer would find that game and many more like it to excite them into attending more then you and many other TS posters are definitely delusional.

Comment

Not disagreeing. Heck I looked into going to a few venues and all too much $$ for me. But, it's telling as I was more interested in flying to Philly or Joyzey than I was going to Fauxborough.
                        Philly games were played at an American Football stadium. How is that any doffere t than Gillette?

Comment

You can conclude that I just don't know how to appreciate soccer, however, I have always said that the game could be essentially over if one team scores in the first half. But last nights game was a travesty. It was an obvious hand ball that directed the ball into the net. With the amount of time that the center Ref gave before restarting play, someone somewhere, somehow could have helped make the right call.

If you ever think sports fans who are new to soccer would find that game and many more like it to excite them into attending more then you and many other TS posters are definitely delusional.
                          just went to my first baseball game - my god was it awful - basically no atmosphere and nothing really happened - nobody was watching most of the game - weather was nice

Comment

just went to my first baseball game - my god was it awful - basically no atmosphere and nothing really happened - nobody was watching most of the game - weather was nice
                            Sit in the fenway bleachers next time.

Comment

I would think real soccer fans would rather watch Argentina or Brazil over the US.

Comment

I would think real soccer fans would rather watch Argentina or Brazil over the US.
                                Gillette close to selling out tomorrow night.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X