Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Boys Fall High School Soccer Season

I know it's pretty early on, but how is the fall high school season looking for the boys? How are teams like L-S, SJP, and Brockton looking like next year? Any new contenders,thoughts?

Somerville's not the same team it was the last two years. They're going to make a statement season going far in the playoffs. Expecting at least north finalist from them

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Somerville's not the same team it was the last two years. They're going to make a statement season going far in the playoffs. Expecting at least north finalist from them
      if Braintree lose with the D1 Maple first place Commonwealth Boys will be major surprise - lost no one from last year

Comment

I know it's pretty early on, but how is the fall high school season looking for the boys? How are teams like L-S, SJP, and Brockton looking like next year? Any new contenders,thoughts?
        SJP? They were not very strong last year. Is there reason to believe they would be better this year?

Comment

SJP? They were not very strong last year. Is there reason to believe they would be better this year?
          SJP unlike many other schools has the power to recruit. Last year was an "off year" for them when they made it to the north finals. Always a contender

Comment

Agree. They return mostly everyone from a team that got hot late in the year, beat two real good teams to get into the playoffs in Masco and Medford, before a let down in the playoffs. Somerville and Everett will compete for the GBL with Medford and Malden taking a step back from their success in recent years.

Comment

SJP unlike many other schools has the power to recruit. Last year was an "off year" for them when they made it to the north finals. Always a contender
              Yeah every year I always say to myself, this is the year SJP will be down. But they always still manage to have themselves a good year. I don't see any reason why they won't be solid again next year. Expect them and BCH to battle it out for Catholic Conference.

Comment

Yeah every year I always say to myself, this is the year SJP will be down. But they always still manage to have themselves a good year. I don't see any reason why they won't be solid again next year. Expect them and BCH to battle it out for Catholic Conference.
                Battling it out for the Catholic Conference title isn't saying much. The conference in general was weak last year. BCH had a lot of turmoil end of last season. Crushed the conference schedule, then got demolished in the 1st round of the tournament. We'll see if it carries over into this year, but I expect even if it does they win the Catholic Conference easily. SJP was down substantially (3rd in the Catholic Conference) and I don't see much coming up. Xaverian had their best season in decades but lost all their scoring. Toss up as to whether SJP or Xaverian is 2nd in league. Catholic Memorial and Malden Catholic will battle for 4th.

Comment

if Braintree lose with the D1 Maple first place Commonwealth Boys will be major surprise - lost no one from last year
                  Braintree #1 team in state -- hands down

Comment

Braintree #1 team in state -- hands down
                    Please. When was the last time they made it to a sectional final, let alone do anything in the states

Comment

Please. When was the last time they made it to a sectional final, let alone do anything in the states
                      I heard they'll have some academic issues.

Comment

correct but this year is different due to Commonwealth

Comment

How does Needham look?

Comment

How does Needham look?
                            Needham will be solid, No superstars this upcoming season, Braintree will also be solid but I wouldn't call them a top 10 team in the State. The Baystate league will likely look like this based on graduating classes and returning talent

1. Needham
                            2. Braintree
                            3. Weymouth
                            4. Framingham
                            5. Brookline
                            6. Natick
                            7. Wellesley
                            8. Walpole
                            9. Newton North
                            10. Milton
                            11. Norwood
                            12. Milton

Needham will be the top team until someone can finally knock them off the top of the league

Comment

Weymouth will struggle for 3rd - Framingham will challenge Braintree for 2nd

Needham will be solid, No superstars this upcoming season, Braintree will also be solid but I wouldn't call them a top 10 team in the State. The Baystate league will likely look like this based on graduating classes and returning talent

1. Needham
                              2. Braintree
                              3. Weymouth
                              4. Framingham
                              5. Brookline
                              6. Natick
                              7. Wellesley
                              8. Walpole
                              9. Newton North
                              10. Milton
                              11. Norwood
                              12. Milton

Needham will be the top team until someone can finally knock them off the top of the league

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X