Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That decision ( giving DC full reign over u16 DAP knowing full well that almost all the per academy players would be cut despite having made the preacademy playoffs- so much for development) will haunt BA for years to come. He has alienated many players. Loyalty is at an all-time low. DC will either make his mark or be fired next year. Either way no one expects any club loyalty anymore. Club donations will drop and turnout at the yearly club events will be at an all time low- at that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    The u15 preacademy playoffs are not the same level as U16 DAP, case in point the 98 preacademy team made playoffs a couple years back and they were 7-14-8 last year, 8th place in the Northeast only above Albertson and Seacoast. Every parent always wants the best players on a team until it means their kid gets cut or sees reduced playing time. If the players or parents were loyal to the club they would have stuck around for the NPL or NEP teams and try to earn back a spot.

Why people think that club history should trump current level of play is remarkable. Also there weren't even that many long-time bolts players on the 99 preacademy team. Many long-time bolts were cut between the 99's first preacademy and academy years as well.

Comment

Just 5-6 FT players on the 2013 Bolts U14 DAP had been with the club more than a year. Of those, only DA and HO played on last year's 99 Preacademy team. As for the others, one didn't return for 2014, one moved away, one went to the U16 DAP and one went to the U14 DAP.

Should a coach keep a player perhaps a junior in HS, that he doesn't think he'll play and confine him to practice and the bench out of loyalty? Does that help the player? Would he not be better served playing on NPL and HS, or transferring to another DAP where he might see more time?

I do agree with the earlier poster that it should make for a couple interesting Seacoast/Bolts games, but I imagine that the search for "vengeance" likely ends with the parents and doesn't translate to the players who are probably all still friends.

Comment

The u15 preacademy playoffs are not the same level as U16 DAP, case in point the 98 preacademy team made playoffs a couple years back and they were 7-14-8 last year, 8th place in the Northeast only above Albertson and Seacoast. Every parent always wants the best players on a team until it means their kid gets cut or sees reduced playing time. If the players or parents were loyal to the club they would have stuck around for the NPL or NEP teams and try to earn back a spot.

Why people think that club history should trump current level of play is remarkable. Also there weren't even that many long-time bolts players on the 99 preacademy team. Many long-time bolts were cut between the 99's first preacademy and academy years as well.
        re: pre-academy playoffs, it depends on the team, the u13 2013 preacademy team made the playoffs all the way up to the semis (where they lost on 1 PK) and did quite respectably in U14 DAP: 13-10-5 which were similar stats to Matchfit and Oakwood.

Comment

I'm a neutral observer here (don't know the kids), but there would appear to be some degree of the coach taking his own guys. Selections are subjective, and can't really expect the coach to do anything different than taking the guys he knows and trusts (including the kid who doesn't show well at try-outs but the coach knows will be a stand-up guy in a pinch), but I'm not sure I buy that this was all done by objective merit.

As to the kids who got cut and moved to Seacoast, they may not want "vengeance," but if they have any sack at all then they'll be super motivated when facing their old team. If it's just another game for them then those are kids I wouldn't want on a team.

Comment

re: pre-academy playoffs, it depends on the team, the u13 2013 preacademy team made the playoffs all the way up to the semis (where they lost on 1 PK) and did quite respectably in U14 DAP: 13-10-5 which were similar stats to Matchfit and Oakwood.
            Agreed! My point was just saying they were in the playoffs doesn't meant they should all be on the 16's the following year. I would expect this year's U15's to do well given their performance in U14 DAP and the fact the team stayed together. That said, I won't be surprised if only 9-10 of the current squad get rostered to the U16's next year.

Comment

Come on buddy there is def some politics

The guy coaching the Bolts U16's only cares about winning. If those kids were better they would not have been cut. Spin it however you choose but I'm telling you that coach would never weaken a team over politics.
              Don't kid yourself genius the politics involved were at an all time high. Let's use the left back for scorpions for example BB. The boy broke his leg months ago and missed the entire spring. But he has been getting private lessons for the past 4 years from DC. This kid isn't better than half the bolts kids cut and didn't even tryout for the academy. Called politics at its best!

Comment

Ok, or maybe having seen the kid for 4 years of private lessons figured once back from injury would be a known asset. I suppose the Bolts 99's who were cut were all left backs? I don't even get why you're upset if the coach clearly can't recognize talent. Why would you want your kid on his team?

Comment

Don't kid yourself genius the politics involved were at an all time high. Let's use the left back for scorpions for example BB. The boy broke his leg months ago and missed the entire spring. But he has been getting private lessons for the past 4 years from DC. This kid isn't better than half the bolts kids cut and didn't even tryout for the academy. Called politics at its best!
                  How about the kid who was a bench warmer in Revs and got into this Scorpions team one year ago?
                  Bolts is essentially about politics, that's why their teams are awful.

Comment

And this is called bitterness at its best. He took the players he thinks are best. Get over it already.

Comment

And this is called bitterness at its best. He took the players he thinks are best. Get over it already.
                      And if someone doesn't like it they have choices. Go play for the Revs. Oh yeah...not good enough

Comment

And if someone doesn't like it they have choices. Go play for the Revs. Oh yeah...not good enough
                        I knew it would.not take long to get to "all the best kids play for the revs." Based on the kids I know that play or have played for the revs, it's comical.

Comment

My kid is better than your kid because he plays for the revs blah blah blah

Comment

You're overthinking things because you feel jilted. He took the best players. Move along.

Comment

You're overthinking things because you feel jilted. He took the best players. Move along.
                              Coaches want to win. They are competitive by nature and their jobs depend on their records. They will fill their squads with the players they think will get them there. Club politics might muddy the waters on spots 16-20, but players 1-15 will be top talent. No process is 100% fair and no coach is 100% perfect in spotting talent. Sometimes life isn't fair. Jilted parents need to help their kids learn to accept that fact or their kids will turn into bitter adults just like them. Learn from it. Work on your skills if you really want it and try again next year. Or move on and make the best of the situation you are in.

Comment

Still having a hard time believing that this Bolts team can beat the Revs with no experience at this level by either the players or the coach. DC has to play the way the DAP mandates. If he plays just to win he will have problems.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X