Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nothing much achieved here. Bolts finished near bottom of their division and played other teams that were at near bottom of their divisions. All these teams did not qualify for the playoffs . Non-playoff teams were mix of U16 and U18 players . Keep sipping the Kool Aid!

Let me get this straight....If they lose then they are bad and if they win they are bad????

Comment

can a Bolts Academy player play high school? Do they need a waiver? How does the process work?

Comment

can a Bolts Academy player play high school? Do they need a waiver? How does the process work?
        If willing, clubs submit waiver applications to US Soccer.

Comment

Please! Bolts tied the Revs this spring. They are very close talent wise. I'm sure you are very disappointed Revs got crushed this week. Many coaches watching bolts this week so mission accomplished.
          A tie in one game means virtually nothing. Against the same competition Bolts did significantly worse all year. Just compare the overall standings. Very close talent wise? LMAO

Comment

How is it that the Bolts U16 had three 98's playing on the team. Was this a fudge by the Bolts? Or was USSDA sympathetic and just wanting to allow the team to be more competitive? Really!!!!

Comment

How is it that the Bolts U16 had three 98's playing on the team. Was this a fudge by the Bolts? Or was USSDA sympathetic and just wanting to allow the team to be more competitive? Really!!!!
              The teams that sucked all year ( didn't make the playoffs) were allowed to use older players. Meaningless games. parents were suckered into paying all that money for travel / hotel / car/ etc and coaches cost to frisco Texas. What a ripoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                The teams that sucked all year ( didn't make the playoffs) were allowed to use older players. Meaningless games. parents were suckered into paying all that money for travel / hotel / car/ etc and coaches cost to frisco Texas. What a ripoff.
                Isn't it hard to say they were meaningless when you weren't there and your son didn't make one of the academy teams?

Comment

The showcase permits U16 and U18 teams to merge.

Comment

OK so meaningless tournament, just showcase the lads. Must be for those kids still hoping for early commitments... Hope it worked out for them.

Comment

Isn't it hard to say they were meaningless when you weren't there and your son didn't make one of the academy teams?
                      oh of course, that must be it!

Comment

doesn't that take playing time and exposure away from others /

Comment

Just curious: seems that the Bolts roster shows about 27 players, and that they often only go to 3 subs per game. Looked like it is the same general group that are either shown as not attending or DNP. Is that right? Are the parents of those kids feeling that the training and potential to play/ get exposure are worth the costs and energy as compared to having their kids start on a GPS or NEFC team?

Truly not trolling here, but wondering about the ROI for that category of DAP player.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            Just curious: seems that the Bolts roster shows about 27 players, and that they often only go to 3 subs per game. Looked like it is the same general group that are either shown as not attending or DNP. Is that right? Are the parents of those kids feeling that the training and potential to play/ get exposure are worth the costs and energy as compared to having their kids start on a GPS or NEFC team?

Truly not trolling here, but wondering about the ROI for that category of DAP player.
                            Several of the rostered players moved or quit. Some are development and don't generally play games. For the latest three games, the roster includes the 3 U18s that played with the U16s, but only 16 traveled to Texas. For the kids who are rostered for the academy and don't play much, I don't know whether it is better to play for a club like GPS. A lot of the best GPS kids go to private school, and that may factor in, too. Having been to a lot of so-called showcases/national events, I can say that I have never seen anything like Dallas or even league games and it has been a great experience for our son. I think it is worth a try, and the coaches make sure everyone on the roster is seen.

Comment

doesn't that take playing time and exposure away from others /
                              Most clubs in the showcase allow U18s who are juniors to play. Usually there are not many who fall in that category on any given team.

Comment

The majority of the teams didn't make the playoffs, so it's not really accurate to say that the teams "sucked all year." The games were well attended by college coaches. The manager of my kid's team counted coaches from 94 colleges in attendance at the team's games, including 15 of the 20 colleges that my kid contacted in advance of the showcase. I wouldn't really call the games "meaningless." In terms of getting exposure to the coaches who mattered to my kid, the investment was well worth it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X