Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm so glad I have boys. These type of changes are a non-issue. Girls soccer is more "social hour" for them.
    So true but there can be some good soccer thrown in for kids who like the competition and leave it all on the field.

Comment

I'm so glad I have boys. These type of changes are a non-issue. Girls soccer is more "social hour" for them.
      I am pretty sure if you had a pool party and BBQ your son and his teammates would enjoy it. Do boys have team dibbers when they go away to tournaments? Same kind of thing.

Comment

team dinners I mean

Comment

Team get togethers are often a good idea but I wouldn't worry about it until fall. Everyone is wiped from the spring season, tryouts, school, etc. One of our teams had a potluck-appetizer kind of thing before the first home game while the kids were warming up then had food for the kids after the game. Doesn't have to be a big production. Most times any event waits for the first tournament

Comment

No, you shut up.
            mom! he told me to shut up!

Comment

Agreed, something to break the ice goes a long way to jump start chemistry. Particularly on a younger team with a significant roster change or where old cliques or starting lineups are split with age restructure. Interesting situation this year, looking forward to seeing training ramp up.
              Can we have a few weeks off, please.
              Would like to have dinner with my family.

Comment

Birth year clinics, practice sessions and tryouts behind what are positive ways to mesh with the new team. It seems like it would come from the club/coach/manager first but what can either side do to ease tension and come out running. I've seen and heard parents do and say some real childish stuff out of whatever emotions drive that negativity but once you join it would seem in the best interests of all to present the unified front and strive to become one. Maybe it's unrealistic to think it can be an easy transition at this age. Hoping for one though and to stay put on this team.

A GU14 parent
                two issues:
                1. parents dealing with the new reality
                2. kids dealing with the new reality AND dealing with parents dealing with the new reality

my answer to my kid: take it to the field and settle it on the field.
                everything else: noise and excuses, including my own occasional ranting and craziness.
                13/14 year old girls? Come on. Socially aware ninja masters, dealing with other girls.
                Everything will be fine.

Comment

Can we have a few weeks off, please.
                  Would like to have dinner with my family.
                  you don't have to respond, it is really okay... you are not missing much here.

Comment

"everything else: noise and excuses, including my own occasional ranting and craziness.
                    13/14 year old girls? Come on. Socially aware ninja masters, dealing with other girls.
                    Everything will be fine."

Funny. Ninja Masters. Then she gets in the car and cries. HIGH-YAH!

Comment

"this is the chance to try out that new position (after your old coach pigeon-holed you)..."

Yes! We are actually looking forward to this. At U11, it's too soon to pigeon-hole.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X