Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The truth can hurt but getting caught doing something for your own gain also hurts.
    Doing something for your own gain? District Select soccer? You can't be serious. Is it really that important to you? Summer soccer?

Comment

Ooooooh! Big person hiding behind a post with no name. Who's the real loser?
      OK I give up! You?

Comment

Doing something for your own gain? District Select soccer? You can't be serious. Is it really that important to you? Summer soccer?
        Well LR is it?

Comment

Anyone here anything lately on district select.

Comment

Anyone here anything lately on district select.
            Like what? generally not a lot of new news ...

Comment

Is LR coaching up a level or is the gig up now.

Comment

Is LR coaching up a level or is the gig up now.
                There is not exactly a waiting list of volunteers to give up their time in the summer. They take who they can get (and sometimes with conditions .. like my kid makes it, my kid's friends make it, they parctices ,must be near me, I'll only coach a year up, etc...) .

Comment

People should realize- it's not rocket science, but it's a bit of a logistical nightmare to have fair try-outs, get the kids signed up, get them uniforms and cards, etc. in a short period of time. Lots of this falls on the coach, so in addition to finding someone who's willing to give up their July weekends (and weeknights for practices) for this, they need to find someone who is willing to chase the kids around and deal with all the administrative BS. Then, MYSA aggravated things by treating the program like the world cup (eg, kid can't play if her socks are the wrong brand) and otherwise not being supportive of the coaches. The new MYSA ED is taking steps to right the ship but it will take some work. There are still a bunch of dedicated coaches out there doing this summer after summer, mostly as a labor of love I'd guess just to be out their with their children.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X