X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than a mistake

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every other club used GotSoccer / FYSA to register the kids for Judges Cup. Lakeland decided they did not want to pay a registration fee for each kid to FYSA for this one Rec tournament. So, Lakeland did everything internally. And they made a mistake. I know some are saying the decision to not use GotSoccer by Lakeland was part of the conspiracy created to cheat the tournament. It is true that if Lakeland had used GotSoccer, the mistake would have been caught by the system. However, the club made a decision to save money. This is a perfectly reasonable decision. Further, FYSA and GotSoccer charging an $8 registration fee for each kid is crazy. That adds up to a lot of money, and all we are doing is entering info in their computer program. Lakeland did the registration on their own, without GotSoccer or FYSA, and a mistake was made. That is all that happened. Lakeland kids were the ones that suffered. They were the ones disqualified from the tournaments. It was a mistake. To say it was anything more than that is simply wrong.
    As an FYSA affiliated club, LFC does not have an "option" whether or not to register their players with FYSA through Got Soccer. The FYSA registration fee is actually $9 per recreational player. All one would need to do to verify is contact FYSA and see how many recreational players LFC has registered. There is a possibility they did not register their players as the system would have red flagged the players as being too old for their registered age group and against FYSA rules, or there are some shortcuts in the system to register players but not assign them an age group and then place them on teams "in house". One or the other certainly happened. In one case it's incompetence but in the other significant wrong doing to have parents thinking kids are a part of FYSA and then not pay the money to register them.

Comment

What !?! Seriously !?!
      Are you new to soccer? How did you not know that everyone else switched to birth year. There were like 20 different threads about it on Talking Soccer. Wow that is a lame excuse.
      Listen, I'm real busy trying to run a soccer club. I don't usually have time to play around on Talking Soccer

Comment

As an FYSA affiliated club, LFC does not have an "option" whether or not to register their players with FYSA through Got Soccer. The FYSA registration fee is actually $9 per recreational player. All one would need to do to verify is contact FYSA and see how many recreational players LFC has registered. There is a possibility they did not register their players as the system would have red flagged the players as being too old for their registered age group and against FYSA rules, or there are some shortcuts in the system to register players but not assign them an age group and then place them on teams "in house". One or the other certainly happened. In one case it's incompetence but in the other significant wrong doing to have parents thinking kids are a part of FYSA and then not pay the money to register them.
        Exactly

Comment

Listen, I'm real busy trying to run a soccer club. I don't usually have time to play around on Talking Soccer
          More like failing

Comment

More like failing
            You wish Bro. We won that tournament, I don't care who got the plastic trophies.

Comment

You wish Bro. We won that tournament, I don't care who got the plastic trophies.
              What tournament? Nice, you could "care less" about the very rec program that funds your "lame" competitive teams. Hiring that so called "Great Irish" DOC of yours has really paid off for your club. Another FAIL!

Comment

Thought this guy only had time to "run down" a soccer club?

Comment

Yet, here you are.....

Comment

Lol. Classic. Lakeland cheated a Rec tournament. Not surprising. What a bunch of losers!

Comment

Someone has some explaining to do!!!!

If the parents are paying an FYSA registration fee and being led to believe their children are part of FYSA, but the club is not paying the $9 FYSA fee and keeping the money. Isn't that fraud on the clubs part?

So if the FYSA fee is $9 per player and there are 10 players on each team, that's $90. Add all the Lakeland teams up together and that starts to add up quickly. Ten teams would be $900. Where was all this 'saved' money going to go towards?

Comment

If the parents are paying an FYSA registration fee and being led to believe their children are part of FYSA, but the club is not paying the $9 FYSA fee and keeping the money. Isn't that fraud on the clubs part?

So if the FYSA fee is $9 per player and there are 10 players on each team, that's $90. Add all the Lakeland teams up together and that starts to add up quickly. Ten teams would be $900. Where was all this 'saved' money going to go towards?

Straight into someone's pocket is my guess.

Comment

Straight into someone's pocket is my guess.
                          Not true. We have a big party at the end of the year for all the teams, hot dogs and bounce houses. That's where most of the saved money goes.

Comment

Not true. We have a big party at the end of the year for all the teams, hot dogs and bounce houses. That's where most of the saved money goes.
                            I guess all hot dogs are $9?

Comment

https://41.media.tumblr.com/b50d2ab7...0c97o1_540.jpg

I guess Guy presents the $9 hotdogs? LOL

Comment

More lies are not helping LFC

Keep digging the hole deeper Lakeland. When did LFC start doing an end of the year party for all the rec. teams? Was this decided now that people are aware of the extra money that was supposed to be allocated towards FYSA?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X