Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 team tournament

Going to a 3 v 3 event and have been placed in a group of 3 teams and have a 4 game guarantee.
    So we play each team twice and possible a third if we make finals.
    To me this is silly and a group of three is not an acceptable bracket.
    What do you think, does three teams cut it or should have they combine groups or even cancelled the division due to lack of participation.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Going to a 3 v 3 event and have been placed in a group of 3 teams and have a 4 game guarantee.
    What do you think, does three teams cut it or should have they combine groups or even cancelled the division due to lack of participation.
    Read the agreement. Does it say 4 games with 4 different teams? If it says 4 games, then they are good.

Comment

Does not say with four different teams but does say if not enough teams for a division they would combine. For me 3 is not enough for a division; is it for you.

Comment

Maybe stop complaining and just play the damn tournament...

Comment

Does not say with four different teams but does say if not enough teams for a division they would combine. For me 3 is not enough for a division; is it for you.
          technically 2 teams is enough for a division. poor competition but that's how it goes. take your money elsewhere next time.

Comment

Maybe stop complaining and just play the damn tournament...
            We will play, the parents are actually ok with it and have a positive attitude. Kids won't be much of an issue as they are young and just want to play. But my question remains would you hold a tournament with only 3 teams in a division. For me it would be a no go but what do you think.

Comment

We will play, the parents are actually ok with it and have a positive attitude. Kids won't be much of an issue as they are young and just want to play. But my question remains would you hold a tournament with only 3 teams in a division. For me it would be a no go but what do you think.
              soccer is a business. turn away 3 teams of fees or have them play? you have them play and pocket the cash.

Comment

This happens from time to time with 3v3 tournaments especially when they are during the fall and winter. 3v3 is mostly a summer thing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X