Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wouldn't worry much about the other team, I'm sure they cheer when their team does something good. You pay $1,000 a year, you drive an hour to a go, you should be able to enjoy the entertainment and cheer for your team.
    Nah, it's over the top. Cheering is one thing, this is beyond that for my liking.

Comment

No way. Most soccer refs I know are absolute dicks. They generally have Nopolean complexes because they couldn't actually play the game themselves and go into reffing to fill the need to feel special.
      How is that different from the obnoxious parent who calls the game from the sideline.

Comment

Does often get over looked. Most of the club games I have watched over the past several years had absolutely no passion in them and they felt more like a wake than a competition. That doesn't stop our resident parent hater from starting threads like this though. Probably spends a lot time reffing ulittle town games where the parents really are nuts because they don't know anything about soccer.
        Parents who kick the fence around the field are my favorites.

Comment

We've got a parent who frankly embarrasses us. Cheering loudly, and obnoxiously, whenever something good happens.

I just sit there and think "this other team must think we are all a-holes".
          Sometimes that and sometimes thank goodness they aren't with our team.

Comment

No way. Most soccer refs I know are absolute dicks. They generally have Nopolean complexes because they couldn't actually play the game themselves and go into reffing to fill the need to feel special.
            Especially since the money is so good, right? If I were refs, I would spend my first paycheck on a set of quality ear plugs. They can't even get the whistle to their mouths before 10 people on the sidelines have screamed "REF!" or "Handball!"" or "Offsides!"

Maybe we should all just save some money and not have refs. Just let the sideline parents make all the calls.

Comment

"Push her back" yelled by a mom.

Comment

This one is a few years old now, but still my favorite: Chippy boys u12 or so game going on, my kid--who at that time wouldn't know a tactical or "message" foul if you drew him a picture--wipes out an opposing player. Referee calls the foul--should have given him a card--other player limps away. Sideline blowhard from our team yells "Don't worry about it Timmy, that kid deserved it!!" Nice.

Comment

U16 Boys game at the field near my son's game this weekend in Waltham (I think it was FSA vs Bolts). Father was screaming at the AR that he was blind, and missed the obvious call (both father and AR appeared to be in their 50s). The AR asked him politely to keep quiet, and the father kept screaming (and insulting the AR). The AR told the ref to stop the game, and went to get a field marshall to have the father removed from the field. The game was stopped for a while, and I stopped paying attention after that, so not sure of the final outcome. By the time we left the field (10-15 minutes after my son's game ended), the other game was still going on (started at the same time). I didn't see the obnoxious father on the sideline, but not sure if he was removed, or just moved to a different spot on sidelines.

Comment

Especially since the money is so good, right? If I were refs, I would spend my first paycheck on a set of quality ear plugs. They can't even get the whistle to their mouths before 10 people on the sidelines have screamed "REF!" or "Handball!"" or "Offsides!"

Maybe we should all just save some money and not have refs. Just let the sideline parents make all the calls.
                    I think it would be a much better option than having incompetent old out of shape refs on the field who don't know the rules and can't keep up with the game. At least parents will be lined up on the sideline and will be in a better position to make a call be it a good one or bad one. God knows, most refs make bad calls all the time.

Comment

Have any observations to report? I am tiring of the club and coach bashing. Let's put parent sideline antics up for discussion. That could be entertaining
                      Where to begin...

I'm not saying ALL parents don't know the laws of the game, some play(ed),some coach, and some even ref, but they're likely the least vocal of all.

Funny how it works that the most obnoxiously boisterous any given weekend are the least informed.

Comment

I wouldn't say most, not at all really, but I would say (and my ref friends agree) that there are 2 extremes and it's pretty easy to discern before a match is over what you're dealing with.

Comment

This is supposed to be a thread to make fun of "those" parents--how'd it turn into another Refs are d!cks thread?

Comment

This is supposed to be a thread to make fun of "those" parents--how'd it turn into another Refs are d!cks thread?
                            Because the d!ckhead who starts all of these threads dumping on the parents is a ref. He's a true asshat who has trashed this forum with his anti parent agenda (among other ones - see all of the political threads) for years. He used to sign in as CUJO but often assumes other identities here as well.

Comment

Because the d!ckhead who starts all of these threads dumping on the parents is a ref. He's a true asshat who has trashed this forum with his anti parent agenda (among other ones - see all of the political threads) for years. He used to sign in as CUJO but often assumes other identities here as well.
                              Is he the same guy - Larry from the Turkey thread? What a nut job!

Comment

Keep this stupid attitude up and you'll be reffing after you chase them all away.

Not a ref...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X