Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where England ( and the USA) has gone wrong in the beautiful game!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where England ( and the USA) has gone wrong in the beautiful game!

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/whe...ons&soc_trk=tw

Spot on!

Comment

all clubs should read this, most USA coaches prefer big athletes than a short skillful smart player.

Comment

Anyone who calls soccer a beautiful game is a moron period

Comment

brooks its a clear example of this ,big tall ,mediocre skills ,save those for baseball ,at least klinsman is gone maybe we can get the last ticket to world cup

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Then I'm a Moron. Soccer, played right, is a thing of beauty.

Comment

I say the same about people who call your mom a beautiful woman.

Comment

100% accurate.
                Its spot on from the selection based on "size"; to the parents; to the emphasis on short-term; etc.

I disagree slightly on the coaching. I think a lot of coaches try to get it right. Its more the system and/or parents that don't allow the coaches to do the right thing.

Comment

100% accurate.
                  Its spot on from the selection based on "size"; to the parents; to the emphasis on short-term; etc.

I disagree slightly on the coaching. I think a lot of coaches try to get it right. Its more the system and/or parents that don't allow the coaches to do the right thing.
                  And yet, year after year, nothing changes. Even France would be a better model. They do a good job of mixing size and athleticism with skill.

Comment

This is spot on!

Comment

100% accurate.

Nonsense, each club in this country has roughly one decent coach. Rarely any have institutional knowledge of high level soccer to even understand how to train a high level team.

Comment

Nonsense, each club in this country has roughly one decent coach. Rarely any have institutional knowledge of high level soccer to even understand how to train a high level team.
                        Dam, let me change my opinion. You MUST be right.

Comment

there is only so much a coach can do with what they have,thats why klinsman got sacked there is not enough soccer talent here ,DA is only for the elite

Comment

I think the talent is in the USA the issue is a coach is good at coaching yes some are not good at finding talent . Then once the talent is found and qualified the issue is then how does that talent get used by the coaches on the Mens Teams . The question is really finding a system or changing the system just a little to make sure the talent is located tracked and used properly in the mens team as an example. So yes the coaching might be the issue if they have to find and develop the talent . There needs to be more scouting and accountablity on players suggested the coach just needs to coach and develop within the team.

Comment

100% accurate.

That's definitely a part of it - too many leagues and clubs make it easy to move kids to the next (perceived) best thing. Coaches get a kid fora year and then either the coaching changes or players leave and new ones come in, throwing it all off again, teams get reconfigured...constant change. Consistency over two years or more can make a big difference. Everyone here is focused on the short term not the long term

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X