Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bruce Arenas the right coach for USA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Bruce Arenas the right coach for USA?

I would say definitely NO. LA Galaxy was unbearable to watch like to rest of MLS. Hiring Arenas will throw US Soccer two decades behind the rest of the world. What the Ticos have shown us is the way the US play even second stringers who play in MLS can beat an all stars teams on the NT. Ticos striker Venergas who can't crack the staring XI looked better than any of the star strikers we have on the field. Which leads my to believe that the style of play/system is the problem. Here we are about to hire a coach who for all his experience lack an understanding of moving the US game into the modern era.

Jay Heaps

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I would say definitely NO. LA Galaxy was unbearable to watch like to rest of MLS. Hiring Arenas will throw US Soccer two decades behind the rest of the world. What the Ticos have shown us is the way the US play even second stringers who play in MLS can beat an all stars teams on the NT. Ticos striker Venergas who can't crack the staring XI looked better than any of the star strikers we have on the field. Which leads my to believe that the style of play/system is the problem. Here we are about to hire a coach who for all his experience lack an understanding of moving the US game into the modern era.
      You will see that most American fans the JK was talking about will like Bruce because he a homer. MLS is unwatchable and lacks passion. I suspect there was no interview process and US soccer went to the first out of contract hack they could find. He was apparently good at UVA. They could have done worse but they had to have a "made in USA" seal on this pick. I bet the Abby is happy now.

Comment

Jay Heaps
        Billicheck

Comment

NO no no no

Comment

Meanwhile in Germany, Joachim Low , signed a contract extension up to 2020 …..He has been in charge of Germany since taking over from Jurgen Klinsmann after the 2006 World Cup....

Comment

Jay Heaps
              He (as well as anyone connected with the Revolution) should be fired from the job he has.

Comment

He (as well as anyone connected with the Revolution) should be fired from the job he has.
                We need GPS to get DAP. They run the best tournaments in the area and they have the best field stadium jackets for their coaches. .

Comment

His name is A-R-E-N-A!

USMNT has no stars. That's one of the problems -- no talent.

Comment

His name is A-R-E-N-A!

USMNT has no stars. That's one of the problems -- no talent.
                    more so how the talent is developed, from Ulittle on up. DA was supposed to help fix that but obviously hasn't. It isn't just the coaching but who the coach has to work with

Comment

Regardless we're stuck with him...

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91...ide-the-usmnt/

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        Give him a chance. Everyone was mesmerized by JK, and look what we got?

Comment

I think that's what everyone is worried about

Comment

Bombs away. Great interview with Twellman. Aggression and athleticism was his focus. Got to get back to what we are good at. Way to go. Spoken highly of Bradley and Jones. Good Luck...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X