Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was Ref right on this yellow card?

Player from team A gets into argument with a parent from team B...Referee gives player from team A , a yellow card which unfortunately was his 2nd yellow and dismissal from game....I did not know that a ref can give a layer a card if they argue with a spectator...was that a correct call by the ref?

BTW: This was not my son :)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Player from team A gets into argument with a parent from team B...Referee gives player from team A , a yellow card which unfortunately was his 2nd yellow and dismissal from game....I did not know that a ref can give a layer a card if they argue with a spectator...was that a correct call by the ref?

Not enough information, but for the sake of a lively debate I'll ask you this...

Why wouldn't the ref be able to book a player in that circumstance?

You knew a player could be booked for dropping an f-bomb, right? So don't confuse the situation with "if they argue with a spectator" since that really has nothing to do with the player's conduct.

Comment

Yes. Conduct worthy of a yellow or red doesn't need to be against an opposing player. It can be against a fan, another coach, even his own teammate.

Comment

Poor sportsmanship on the field is absolutely bookable, so the question is whether the player deserved it or not. Not enough details in the post to determine. However, the question I have is did the referee have to talk to this player previously and warn him about his behavior/actions? It sounds like this player was a problem if he was already on a yellow card, so my guess is the player was warned and didn't bother to heed the warning.

Comment

talking soccer

You can get a card for such behavior towards you own team mate so a fan isn't any worse. Keep it under control from the moment you see the ref until you/ref leave the parking lot. Its all fair game fro misconduct.

Comment

Hopefully, the parents from team A took care of teh parent from team B in the parking lot following the game.

Comment

As a ref, that is absolutely a bookable offense for a yellow card. In this case, if the parent instigated the argument I would have that person removed as well considering that the ref must have had reason to issue the player his second yellow card, assuming that the parent played a role in this.

Comment

The ref had a right to give a yellow for the behavior

However, the more prudent action would have been to toss the fan and tell the coach to take kid out of game.

Comment

Stupid action from the player, you have to be very careful when playing with a yellow.

Comment

?????

Comment

?????
                      ?????????

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          So true.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X